The thing they do on defensive third downs | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The thing they do on defensive third downs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As a couple of posters mentioned above, take the intro to Hells Bells and overlay an optimally timed, optimally tuned, wolf-like, husky howl.

Reaction Score
I will be the minority in I like the growl but think we need to add to it, Maybe growl then Welcome to the jungle or Hells Bells??/

Kauffmak10

BleedBlue
Reaction Score
Mix some dog growling with Welcome To The Jungle or some other pump up song..

Reaction Score
When anything is so loud you have to cover your ears it kind of defeats the purpose of you wanting to add to the noise. To much loud mistimed canned nonsense overall. I'd take the opening of Iron Man as one option but there are so many decent one we could alternate or do a montage starting with Deep Purple's Wolf Howling on "Hush". I know I' m dated but what we have isn't working and overwhelming the crowd isn't the answer. Short and sweet.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
It has to be replaced if for no other reason than it is not something the crowd can work with. It's got to be a song with a heavy bass sound. Most of AC/DC's catalog will work. We Will Rock You. Kasmir (love the beat in this one). It's menacing sounding. Dio's Holy Diver (after the initial soft lead in). Alice in Chains Man in the Box. Whatever the choice, it must sound mean.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
OFFICE OF ATHLETIC DIRECTOR
Phone: (860) 486-2725

I just called myself. Karen sent me to Mike and he picked up the phone.

I explained that the sound is not working - fans covering their ears. State cop asked my 'what the hell is that?' Mike took the time to explain to me Coach wanted to try something new and agreed it is not working as expected. He explained it is being 'RETOOLED '.

He thanked me for my support and I suggested bring back GnR and that I was also appreciative of him actually picking up the phone as opposed to having me sent to VM.

Lets see what it sounds like Saturday.

Reaction Score
OFFICE OF ATHLETIC DIRECTOR
Phone: (860) 486-2725

I just called myself. Karen sent me to Mike and he picked up the phone.

I explained that the sound is not working - fans covering their ears. State cop asked my 'what the hell is that?' Mike took the time to explain to me Coach wanted to try something new and agreed it is not working as expected. He explained it is being 'RETOOLED '.

He thanked me for my support and I suggested bring back GnR and that I was also appreciative of him actually picking up the phone as opposed to having me sent to VM.

Lets see what it sounds like Saturday.

E-mail reply from Warde today, he is hearing the noise about the noise and is addressing the situation, pun intended. I doubt we hear it ever again.
Like yourself it was nice to get a thank you and know it was from the top. This unlike the Hathaway regime which ignored fans. No clue where his bread was buttered, but he did get the last laugh for sure.
Then again every dog has their day....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
E-mail reply from Warde today, he is hearing the noise about the noise and is addressing the situation, pun intended. I doubt we hear it ever again.
Like yourself it was nice to get a thank you and know it was from the top. This unlike the Hathaway regime which ignored fans. No clue where his bread was buttered, but he did get the last laugh for sure.
Then again every dog has their day....

This athletic deparment played that sound for two games. So to give them credit for stopping... well that is insanity.

Reaction Score
This athletic deparment played that sound for two games. So to give them credit for stopping... well that is insanity.

3 if you count the spring game. With a 5 month gap between. Just unbelievable.

I almost hope we hear it again on Saturday just to add some salt on the shat sandwich that is 2014.

Reaction Score
The thing about traditions is that they don't change much.

Traditions are organic, not ripped off from a (pro) stadium 70 miles away because the guy running the sound for our first game happened to be a Patriots fan.

The dog sound is awful, but I have hated and always will hate welcome to the Jungle.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Almost anything by AC/DC (The Razor's Edge beginning around 0:33 would be just fine with me.), except the more poppy tunes, (i.e. Who Made Who and Money Talks). They played, For those about to Rock...(We Salute you), just before kick off and that was really enjoyable.

If a dog is needed, then play the beginning to Been Caught Stealing by Juana's Adiccion.

Husky25

Reaction Score

I almost hope we hear it again on Saturday just to add some salt on the shat sandwich that is 2014.
It was a different mix at the spring game. I thought this one was better, but not by much.

Husky25

Reaction Score
+1 if they can find anyof the above suggestions for a 100 piece marching band.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
welcome to the jungle works. it just reaks of 'things that were cool 20 years ago'...
how about a graphic on the screen that says 'RISE UP! Make some Noise!!!'... and then give a level meter that registers the fans getting louder, even if they're not. something original like that would be cool.
I hadn't really read this thread in a few days but I swear I had the same thought while sitting on the pot (do my best thinking there) - all the video boards should say #RiseUp, or even Rise Up Together - they've been using it as a slogan and a hashtag, using it on 3rd down makes too much sense!

Still need to fix the audio cue though.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I hadn't really read this thread in a few days but I swear I had the same thought while sitting on the pot (do my best thinking there) - all the video boards should say #RiseUp, or even Rise Up Together - they've been using it as a slogan and a hashtag, using it on 3rd down makes too much sense!

Still need to fix the audio cue though.

GENIUS!!

Reaction Score
Here are my thoughts:

After every first down - the UCMB plays the last few barres of the fight song. U..... Conn ..... Hus..Ky.........bomp

Every third down - All aboard......hahaha ha over the loud speakers

BTW, I thought the players were supposed to enter the field throught the student section this year. What happened to that plan?

Reaction Score
The team was supposed to enter the field for warmups through the student section. That's almost an hour before the game starts. We haven't been there that early yet to see if it's really happening (it's gotta be a ghost town that long before kickoff). Has anyone been there or seen pictures of the warm up entrance? I know there was some concern about spikes and the stairs, bit Diaco's used to that from ND.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
They come In for pregame warm ups through the student section but I doubt it will last. The first two games maybe 2 dozen students cheering them on.

Reaction Score
Spoke with the director of events management in the AD, seems they have been fielding a lot of complaints.

Reaction Score

I thought it wad different at the spring game. I remember it being much worker, if that's possible.

Reaction Score
They come In for pregame warm ups through the student section but I doubt it will last. The first two games maybe 2 dozen students cheering them on.

It's too early. Anyway they can do that right before kickoff entrance?

Reaction Score
Spoke with the director of events management in the AD, seems they have been fielding a lot of complaints.
Perhaps this Director of Events Management should hold a focus group with us season ticket holders to improve the in game experience altogether. Plenty of "experts" on here :)

Reaction Score
Not sure why someone who has been around as long as you has no clue but I will try to help. FIRST READ what is said and then try to respond. The comment is about Warde actually doing just that! The credit is for his personal response and not about stopping anything. Something we never got from Jeff.
Get some insight and info before proclaiming others insane. One has to believe you like most of us realize the bad vomiting dog is Bob's thing just like changing the Huskie Walk which was another bad idea. He is very demanding and you can't change the demands of a new man in charge over night.
The topic is being addressed by the adminastration in a timley manner with respect for the new man on the block who thought it would be a good idea.

As for my insanity you may be right! I may be crazy! But it just might be what we are looking for to get through this season. Maybe some Billy Joel on the big screen? Nah that's insanity............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom