The thing they do on defensive third downs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The thing they do on defensive third downs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
THE GROWL must go,welcome to the jungle has run it's course,the blonde must stay,but her mic must go.I need something to look at while watching these games.:p

Reaction Score
They did fix her mic (or gave her a different one) after the awful opening. Thank god.

Reaction Score
I made this in response to the horrible 3rd down sound at the spring game. It took me about an hour to combine a few different songs and sound bytes.

Should I forward this to the UCONN AD?

Third Down Cochise

Yes please... and include the numerous "we hate it threads" from here in your email!!

Reaction Score
More on tis in 241 later today, but let me just say this -- any person who works for UConn who did not immediately say "are you duck*ing kidding me" should not just be fired on the spot for being useless, but given the mental health treatment that they very badly need.

Nope - they should be locked in an equipment shed and forced to listen to the sound for 3 1/2 hours!

Reaction Score
Who can I email about this? Sick of everyone at the games complaining about the thing instead of cheering lol

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I heard the sound loud and clear on the SNY broadcast yesterday. It was HORRENDOUS! It sounded awful on the TV and my dog gave a sad howl because it was so bad. My wife made me mute the TV at one point.

End the suffering

Reaction Score
"Welcome to the Jungle" got people on their feet and making noise. Isn't that what we're going for. Why has it run it's course? It was effective. I know it's done elsewhere, but at for a program as starved for traditions as ours, I thought that was a good 3rd down tradition to have.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I don't know how much a petition will get us, but if we all add our names to an email (some season ticket holders as well) threatening attendance because of the "noise" then it might get changed...

Reaction Score
"Welcome to the Jungle" got people on their feet and making noise. Isn't that what we're going for. Why has it run it's course? It was effective. I know it's done elsewhere, but at for a program as starved for traditions as ours, I thought that was a good 3rd down tradition to have.
Because I've heard it for 11 years.It's RUN IT"S COURSE .There are thousands of songs out there.Pick one.

Reaction Score
welcome to the jungle works. it just reaks of 'things that were cool 20 years ago'...
how about a graphic on the screen that says 'RISE UP! Make some Noise!!!'... and then give a level meter that registers the fans getting louder, even if they're not. something original like that would be cool.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Would love to have our band lead some 3rd down noise. How's about a band version of "a little bit louder now" portion of the song Shout?

3:25 mark of the attached video:

Reaction Score
I don't know how much a petition will get us, but if we all add our names to an email (some season ticket holders as well) threatening attendance because of the "noise" then it might get changed...
I for one have e-mailed Warde on this amateur hour embarrassment. I would like to see a good old college protest at our next game. Everyone get the word out to stand and cover your ears when or if it comes on. Do continue making noise for our boys though. He will get the point and see there is more than just a few upset with this.
For those that want to see the band whip something up.
david.mills@uconn.edu
I tried to post Warde, Susan & Dr Mills e-mail addies but the will not let me. They can be found by looking up UCONN faculty e-mail / phone book

Last edited:

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I for one have e-mailed Warde on this amateur hour embarrassment. I would like to see a good old college protest at our next game. Everyone get the word out to stand and cover your ears when or if it comes on. Do continue making noise for our boys though. He will get the point and see there is more than just a few upset with this.
warde.manuel
President
For those that want to see the band whip something up.
david.mills

1. Dooley ‏@DooleyMcStitch 29m
    @UConnFootball @UCMB UCMB - 3rd downs: can you play "a little bit louder now" portion of this: http://youtu.be/nEjLFpU2pJ4?t=3m27s… (3:25 mark of the vid)
@UCMB @UConnFootball That would be GREAT! Maybe if UCONN's D can get a stop, lead a "Hey hey hey hey!" so the crowd can cheer it.

Reaction Score

The one plus to a social media petition like Change is the easy on-line presence across many platforms (email, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc...).

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The easy answer is to graft a legit husky howl onto the front of the opening of "Crazy Train" It would satisfy both the trads and the reformers.

FWIW the execution the "unintelligible noise" they've gone with is truly bad. It's as if they had Jonathan XIII get all worked up while someone recorded it on their phone or walked into a kennel and did the same thing.

Reaction Score
Keep the red eyes, can the growling and replace with your favorite rock song...Welcome to the Jungle, Beginning of Hells Bells etc.

Reaction Score
My thought is to replace the growl with a video of a singular howling husky, then have a pack form all HOWLING. That would be a call to arms for Husky nation, keeping the Husky theme while encouraging the crowd to start howling along. I think it would be unique and fun for the fans and the team. Other that that, I'd vote for the band to get involved.

Reaction Score
My thought is to replace the growl with a video of a singular howling husky, then have a pack form all HOWLING. That would be a call to arms for Husky nation, keeping the Husky theme while encouraging the crowd to start howling along. I think it would be unique and fun for the fans and the team. Other that that, I'd vote for the band to get involved.

Bring back the computer animated huskies!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Or even use For Those About to Rock like they do for the runout.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
The p.a. System is inaudible. You cannot hear what the announcer is saying, it echoes horribly, and the Rita's ice thing? Cannot hear it. Same with subway. The growl is pathetic, I concur. We are small time and going backward, and it is year 3 of tix renewal.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom