The Thing About Bouknight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Thing About Bouknight

Reaction Score
He seems much more willing to take a hit or three or four on the way to the rim than just a few months ago.
That applies to CV and AI. Early on CV and AI were on the floor a lot when they drove, looking for the call and throwing up a lot of garbage. Now, they are going to rim hard, looking to stay upright, and converting. Big difference.

Reaction Score
It doesn't seem like he realizes how good he is. When he does.......

Reaction Score
Lots of comments about James needing to tighten up his handle. Am I the only one who thinks that his dribbling skills are already pretty damn tight. Earlier in the season he was a little lazy with the ball but now he’s really good.

Reaction Score
Lots of comments about James needing to tighten up his handle. Am I the only one who thinks that his dribbling skills are already pretty damn tight. Earlier in the season he was a little lazy with the ball but now he’s really good.
noticed his handle was a little looser in the houston game. was doing that shimmy move on the perimeter and looked like he was carrying the ball a few times there. hadn’t seen that move from him in past games.

loose may not be the best word as he didn’t turn it over, but just seemed on the edge of loosing control.

either way i loved the aggressiveness he showed from the jump this time.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Watch him trailing on the last minute dunk by Whaley on the breakaway, funny as hell. He's so happy and celebrating alone it's great to see.
It's great when your top scorer is feeling like that. That's a sign of a healthy team ready to play their best ball.

Reaction Score
He is a freshman and Hurley has yet to give him the keys to the "Car". The last five minutes, in a close game, watch out. The ball will be in his hands. The one play that Hurley will call, is "JB go do your thing"

Reaction Score
James has been through it this season- started as low as possible, had some early success, and then had to make some adjustments when the word got out on him.

His most important development this season has been learning how to be great and not just going through the motions- take every practice seriously, commit to knowing every part of the scouting report, know the other teams’s tendencies as much as your own. Hurley has learned James has a tendency to sulk or get down on himself, especially after a defensive lapse, and James has learned to respond to coaching (usually, um, sternly worded reminders to stop whining and pouting and start focusing).

Talented guys can get by with less up to a point, and he’s always been a great teammate. Watching a guy grasp what it takes to be elite is fun, because it doesn’t always happen.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think it’s a Jeremy Lamb kind of thing. Those long arms and legs look kind of awkward as he cuts to the basket, but he seems to be in control to me the whole way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom