The team has a (sorta) new assistant coach | The Boneyard

The team has a (sorta) new assistant coach

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
What a great article, and really well written. Kudos to Vanoni for writing such a gem.

And Ben sounds like the perfect fit for the team. The addition of him and Cardoza is awesome. The best and most well rounded staff out there. Ben has a very bright future. But I hope he stays at UCONN a long time...

Reaction Score
Maybe they're grooming him to be Geno's successor. Started from the bottom and worked his way to the top or will Uconn hire a woman coach to succeed Geno? If that's the case, I would try and get Dawn.

Reaction Score
Maybe they're grooming him to be Geno's successor. Started from the bottom and worked his way to the top or will Uconn hire a woman coach to succeed Geno? If that's the case, I would try and get Dawn.
She’d be nuts to even consider replacing him. She already has a job that puts her in the top 2-3 coaches in the country.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
It’s amazing to me how an article about one of the new coaches is being swerved into a discussion of him possibly being groomed to be Geno's successor, even though the coach being discussed hasn't even coached a NCAA Division 1 team yet...unbelievable!

Reaction Score
what?

Reaction Score
Hopefully, Geno has another six years in him but when he does retire, I’d be shocked if his replacement wasn’t one of, Berube, Ralph, or Moseley!

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Berube or Ralph both possibilities. Mosely? Why?

Reaction Score
stoned puppet GIF

Reaction Score
Is Ben coaching specific players ?
What players is Tanya coaching ?
What players are Morgan coaching ?
Got to believe there is a structure to the coaching assignments.

Reaction Score
I hope Tonya is doing drill after drill on how to fake, get a quick first step and drive to the basket. Finish with 2 or at the line.. I just feel like that has been a weakness of the guards the last few years and Tonya's guards have always made that a priority.

Reaction Score
If Staley were picked as Auriemma's successor I would switch my fan allegiance to Tennessee.
I have no issues with Dawn. She's already has one of the top wcbb jobs though. Who knows what our future will be if football keeps driving all the busses?

Reaction Score
Dawn would be the opposite of Geno that's for sure. Dawn is in the middle of building her own legacy at SC and has nothing to gain by going to UCONN. Whoever follows Geno will be the worst coach in the world even if they win 80% of their games. That is not a person you follow, that is place you go to learn you aren't in the same class as Geno. That person will be younger coach who has had a little success at a lower level school, not arguable one of the top 3 coaches in the sport who is already a HOF coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom