The SUPER DUPER Super Show | The Boneyard

The SUPER DUPER Super Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
This years Super Show will be one of the best. We will once again get a good idea of who's coming to UConn. I would expect Morgan Tuck, Moriah Jefferson and Breanna Stewart, along with Diamond DeShields and who else...................... It will be interesting to see who's name comes up in the newpapers over the next few weeks. Possibles, McDaniel, Reimer and

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i was looking at the picture recently of who attended the last super show. Kiah, Diamond, Moriah, KML,Brianna, Morgan. 5 of the 6 ended up at UCONN so far. there may have been others there but the picture of that super 6 is a good one.

i think Breanna will want to go for her first time. then it will be interesting to see who from the 2013 class decides to come. UCONN has a really good track record of landing kids who come to the super show, especially if they are part of a group and they all get along. no guarantee, of course, that showing up means they will end up at UCONN (Langhorne anyone?), but it will be a good indication of who has serious interest...

Reaction Score
You should have named this thread the Super Duper Pooper Scooper Show. For women's fans the combined show with the men is a waste of time.

Gameplay time was reduced to almost nil a few years back, and the Athletic Department has suicidally scheduled it for Friday night, meaning anybody with a drive ahead of them is facing brutal traffic. It's the worst time of the week to put this show on, but the AD doesn't seem to care.

Even though the ticket price is $0.00, fans are increasingly ignoring the show. It just isn't worth the effort any more.

I'm glad I saw all the old format Blue and White games on Saturdays or Sundays, though.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
might have a change now that the AD ..... is OUT

Reaction Score
i was looking at the picture recently of who attended the last super show. Kiah, Diamond, Moriah, KML,Brianna, Morgan. 5 of the 6 ended up at UCONN so far. there may have been others there but the picture of taht super 6 is a good one.

i think Breanna will want to go for her first time. then it will be interesting to see who from the 2013 class decides to come. UCONN has a really good track record of landing kids who come to the super show, especially if they are part of a group and they all get along. no guarantee, of course, that showing up means they will end up at UCONN (Langhorne anyone?), but it will be a good indication of who has serious interest...

I believe Bria Holmes was also there last year.

Reaction Score
I was looking at the picture recently of who attended the last super show. Kiah, Diamond, Moriah, KML,Brianna, Morgan. 5 of the 6 ended up at UCONN so far. there may have been others there but the picture of that super 6 is a good one.

... no guarantee, of course, that showing up means they will end up at UCONN (Langhorne anyone?), but it will be a good indication of who has serious interest...

Yeah - 'Foghorn' Langhorne had a scowl on her face the whole Show. You didn't need a newspaper article to tell you she wasn't coming to Storrs.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Bria was there, but not with the rest of the group. She was in the stands with her mom. Not sure if that had to do with her "status" in terms of being offered or whether it was just that she was local and thus not necessarily a chaperoned guest of the university.

Reaction Score
i was looking at the picture recently of who attended the last super show. Kiah, Diamond, Moriah, KML,Brianna, Morgan. 5 of the 6 ended up at UCONN so far. there may have been others there but the picture of taht super 6 is a good one.

Is it possible to post the pictures or is it a recruiting issue that some orange people might freak out over?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Top row - Diamond, Moriah, Kaleena, Morgan
Bottom row - Kiah, Breanna

uconn.jpg

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
well done biff. i have no idea what program you use to be able to manipulate so many pictures - i've barely learned HOW to post a picture, never mind how to manipulate it...

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
What's the date?

SO, no one knows the date? ... Other than it being a Friday.

And I'm with Wonkster on this one. It once was a fun event. I don't know if it still is (strongly suspect not) because I no longer can get there in time to attend. It would be nice to think it still impresses the recruits as much as the previous format. I doubt it. Though the recruits today won't know any better.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
SO, no one knows the date? ... Other than it being a Friday.

And I'm with Wonkster on this one. It once was a fun event. I don't know if it still is (strongly suspect not) because I no longer can get there in time to attend. It would be nice to think it still impresses the recruits as much as the previous format. I doubt it. Though the recruits today won't know any better.
question - who actually determines the format? the fans would MUCH rather see a scrimmage than the stupid crab game (that spelled the end if Brit Hunter's career) and other semi-ridiculous activities. do the coaches have any say in it? or is it the AD? is there any way the fans could make their desires known so perhaps the coordinators of the event could make the event more exciting and interesting?

Reaction Score
question - who actually determines the format? the fans would MUCH rather see a scrimmage than the stupid crab game (that spelled the end if Brit Hunter's career) and other semi-ridiculous activities. do the coaches have any say in it? or is it the AD? is there any way the fans could make their desires known so perhaps the coordinators of the event could make the event more exciting and interesting?
First off.. thanks for the picture... second of all I like the idea of a scrimmage over the stupid things they have been doing. I remember one year when I was a student there.. Taurasi was there.. and during the show they pulled people down from the audience and allowed those people to challenge anyone on the team. Like a three point contest or a free throw contest. That would be awesome. They even competed with each other for who could make the most threes... etc..

Reaction Score
First off.. thanks for the picture... second of all I like the idea of a scrimmage over the stupid things they have been doing. I remember one year when I was a student there.. Taurasi was there.. and during the show they pulled people down from the audience and allowed those people to challenge anyone on the team. Like a three point contest or a free throw contest. That would be awesome. They even competed with each other for who could make the most threes... etc..

That would be a great idea! As a student there now, I would much rather see that than Simon Says.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The coaches don't want a full-on scrimmage because they're worried about injuries. Like preseason NFL games. The reason they picked Friday night? Because midnight madness for the men has always been on Fridays, and always outdrew the Sunday Super Show. This year will be no different, with a NC banner unveiling.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The coaches don't want a full-on scrimmage because they're worried about injuries. Like preseason NFL games. The reason they picked Friday night? Because midnight madness for the men has always been on Fridays, and always outdrew the Sunday Super Show. This year will be no different, with a NC banner unveiling.
i think there have been more devastating injuries due to the silly games at the super show than from the scrimmages. years ago they would put the male practice players on one team and let Geno or Chris coach them, and then have the players play against them for about 20 minutes. i get what you are saying, but how is a 20 minute scrimmage different from a normal UCONN practice?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Amen, eric. I don't ever remember someone getting injured and the scrimmages at the Super Show.

Reaction Score
The coaches don't want a full-on scrimmage because they're worried about injuries...

I doubt it; otherwise there'd be no games in Italy nor U17-19 exercises. Similarly, they'd ask the players not to engage in pick-up games during vacations.
The coaches may worry about injuries, but they never ask their recruits not to play soccer, do they?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If they don't want a real game, they can fly the Slammers in for a scrimmage.

Play basketball, but no stupid bouncing on a giant ball. Ask Brit about that.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I look at the picture and add Breanna Stewart to it and that is one of the top assemblises (sp) of players Ive ever seen. This group could be the most athletic team in the history of UConn. Watching the highlight videos of this group and understanding they are just highlight videos with not many mistakes in them well, they are unbelievable. The quickness in BB and MJ brings a new definition to quickness. Maybe blinding speed. Breanna and Kiah are rebounders at another level and with Breannas wingspan and Kiahs shot blocking ability well you have the twin towers of destruction. I gotta tell you, this is one group that imo is so far above any group individually and as a group that I dont see how any other team could beat them so long as theyre on the court together. They are at a whole different level and have the ability to pick up each other. They play bigger then big and are quicker then quick and are in every way that I can see above any other team in WCBB. JMO folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom