The Sun Rose this Morning | The Boneyard

The Sun Rose this Morning

Reaction Score
And all the computers still have UConn in the top Two. RPI still has UConn number One.

Five other top 8 contenders play tonight. At least two of them will lose. LATE tonight, the selection committee will make its first “reveal.” I have no doubt that UConn will be in that top 8 and really expect top 4.

Your dream is still alive UConn fans

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The physical and emotional well being of the Huskies are more important than anything - rankings, tournaments, and fans’ expectations. The players are human beings. They deserve our love and support.

If the Huskies are #1, 2, or 3, it changes nothing in my mind.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I have never been prouder of any players than I am with these 5. Last night they were sleepwalking, trying to navigate against a very good team when after giving all they had against SC on Sunday. There is no other explanation other than fatigue, especially mentally. The number of unforced errors were ridiculous, but instead of yelling at my TV, I could plainly see, more so than any other game, that they just couldn't execute the simplest of plays to keep up with Marquette. Marquette played a great game, and they deserved to win. I know we had a bad game against Georgetown last time, but I think they should not practice until the shootaround on Saturday. Give them some alone time, let them walk around DC, or stay in the hotel if they want. The point is, they need extended rest, and this team they are playing is one of the not so good teams in the league. This may be their only opportunity to rest until the BE tournament. Still, whatever Geno decides to do, he will have the best interest in the team. He loves this team, and he knows what they have been through, so I have confidence they will be back better than ever, but of course, a Caroline sighting would help a lot. I just love these guys. Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
Though I hate the fact that this team broke some arbitrary "streak" created by the media (for their mental health, not the fans), I am a fan of this team. They have been through so much and continue to fight and claw their way through this season. I'll say it one more time - the 2004 NC team had 4 losses during that season. And please don't say that it was because they had DT. There are plenty of weapons on this team to accomplish the same.

Reaction Score
Though I hate the fact that this team broke some arbitrary "streak" created by the media (for their mental health, not the fans), I am a fan of this team. They have been through so much and continue to fight and claw their way through this season. I'll say it one more time - the 2004 NC team had 4 losses during that season. And please don't say that it was because they had DT. There are plenty of weapons on this team to accomplish the same.
Yeah the streak was arbitrary. Probably SNY will inform us that a new streak is on the line for Georgetown that UConn has never lost a Saturday game starting after 3 PM in February in the history of the program.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Per Geno, and I agree:

“I think mentally all of us — no one in particular — I think we just checked out,” UConn head coach Geno Auriemma said in a postgame interview with SNY’s Maria Marino. “I told the team this, I’m surprised that it’s taken this long for us to have that kind of mental checkout. That’s the first time all year in 20 some games that’s happened. And tonight happened to be that night against the wrong team.”

IMHO, he's right. The sheer amount of physical and mental energy required to play against SC on Sunday may have depleted the tanks of everyone, more than any other game. From 1/23 to 2/5, the team played DePaul, TN, Nova, Prov, and SC in 14 days. Nothing in the BE is easy anymore.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The sun did rise this morning and I still am a UConn Women's basketball fanatic!!!!!!!

Nika, Lou, Aaliyah, Aubrey and Dorka have treated us to great basketball. They have not given up. They have pushed themselves beyond what we normally expect.

I will not negate Marquette's play. They are a well coached, disciplined team who are very difficult to play on their home court. They earned last night's win.

We move on and hope that Caroline and Azzi will soon return to the court.

Reaction Score
Maybe there was some overconfidence vs. Marquette? They just came off the big game against undefeated #1 where they were competitive throughout and were mad they didn’t get the win. Coming off that, there must have been some feeling that they could just mail it in. Marquette had been beaten by 19 a week before and initially UCONN looked like they would be able to easily dominate in the paint. Credit to Marquette to take advantage of that UCONN mindset.

Reaction Score
Per Geno, and I agree:

“I think mentally all of us — no one in particular — I think we just checked out,” UConn head coach Geno Auriemma said in a postgame interview with SNY’s Maria Marino. “I told the team this, I’m surprised that it’s taken this long for us to have that kind of mental checkout. That’s the first time all year in 20 some games that’s happened. And tonight happened to be that night against the wrong team.”

IMHO, he's right. The sheer amount of physical and mental energy required to play against SC on Sunday may have depleted the tanks of everyone, more than any other game. From 1/23 to 2/5, the team played DePaul, TN, Nova, Prov, and SC in 14 days. Nothing in the BE is easy anymore.
Along with carrying a full college class load of 15 credits.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
With this loss it could help take some pressure off of these young ladies. They have been through the gauntlet, playing Butler, DePaul (a rescheduled game), @the team that wears ORANGE, #21 Villanova, @Providence, South Carolina, and @Marquette with only 5 main players and 3 bench players. That is 7 games in 18 days, with only the first two games being back to back home games, it's miracle that they only have 2 losses. The starting five has played over 252 minutes of the possible 280 minutes played over those 7 games. Nika is averaging 38+ minutes a game, with the others averaging between 33+ to 37+ minutes a game. Right now I'm surprised that they can even stand up let alone study, practice or even play basketball.

Reaction Score
Never was. At least it's not snowing.
When I looked at the window at work today there was some wet snow falling, it did not last long, but it was a kind of snow... and the sky was gray... like it was mourning not morning.

Does not change how proud of these young women we are.

Reaction Score
And all the computers still have UConn in the top Two. RPI still has UConn number One.

Five other top 8 contenders play tonight. At least two of them will lose. LATE tonight, the selection committee will make its first “reveal.” I have no doubt that UConn will be in that top 8 and really expect top 4.

Awesome Lebron James GIF

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
When I looked at the window at work today there was some wet snow falling, it did not last long, but it was a kind of snow... and the sky was gray... like it was mourning not morning.

Does not change how proud of these young women we are.
True dat.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

While I appreciate the sentiment of the observation, I'd rather it have come from a Husky fan.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Is it okay from a "secondary" UConn fan?
You really don't get what I said there? Sure, an SC fan can give us cheer up threads as long as they are a Husky fan. Hopefully we will not need another one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom