The stirrers that stir the drink | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The stirrers that stir the drink

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Our posts players will have an easier time scoring this season due to the experience from last years team ala Edwards and the addition of our freshman class. You cant key on any one player this year. IMO Paige and Azzi will be able to score almost at will and plays will be designed for them to score or get the ball to a team mate who will score. Our defense and depth on defense will help us keep opponents post players from scoring easy baskets. Our height this is will do that. I love that we have so many guards that can score. The media can pick who ever they want number 1 in the polls but UConn is the best team in America on paper right now.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Good post as always Tony. My only quibble is that you seem to undervalue guard play on the men’s side. UConn’s best teams have had great guard play. In 2011 think Kemba and Shabazz Napier and in 2014 thank Shabazz Napier and Ryan Boatright. The 2014 team in particular thrived on its guard play and tenacious defense that prevented opposing teams from getting into their sets. Having a dominant big is always a good thing, but if no one can get him the ball on offense, he is just a very tall spectator.
In fact, it’s rare in the men’s game for a dominant center to be an ultimate big time winner without really top notch guard play. But dominant centers usually pick schools that have very good guard play in today’s world. I think it’s actually the opposite. A dominant female center is more likely to carry a team beyond other teams even with average guard play. There just aren’t enough truly dominant female centers to draw a conclusion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom