THE song that means a lot to you | Page 3 | The Boneyard

THE song that means a lot to you

Reaction Score
"Hello in There" from Covid victim John Prine - a simple plea not to forget people in the twilight of their lives. This song blew me away when I first heard it as a young man. And now as an old person it's even more poignant.

My first job way back when was bagging groceries part time. There was an old couple, must have been in their late 70's at least, who used to come in together. They always held hands when they walked out to their car after shopping. After probably decades together they were obviously still in love. I was so impressed. I always think of them when I hear this song.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Before posting this I listened to it once again with the same effect on me that it had in the early seventies... silent emotional tears. I first heard it not long after the loss of one of my grandparents, so the memories returned.

Reaction Score
This one means a lot to me.....

"Angel comes into my room, it's dark and so is she
Wants to know if she can take me soaring out to sea
Lying in her darkness like a child awaiting birth
Angel comes and takes me for everything I'm worth".....

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
When we met, my wife hated Tom Waits. Early in our marriage, we were driving somewhere a few hours away and I had this in the cassette deck. She turned to me with tears in her eyes and said, "I can't believe I didn't like Tom Waits." I still keep most of the CDs in the garage/workshop, but she loves some of his stuff. In small doses.

Reaction Score
This was the last aria my wife recorded before she passed away from Breast Cancer at the age of 45

One of my favorite arias but I'll go with another tune by Dvorak "Songs My Mother Taught Me."

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
"Hello in There" from Covid victim John Prine - a simple plea not to forget people in the twilight of their lives. This song blew me away when I first heard it as a young man. And now as an old person it's even more poignant.
I first heard this song sung by Bette Midler. I think you will like this version.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom