The Sniper's Quest for 1000 points | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Sniper's Quest for 1000 points

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Christian Vital aka CV aka The Sniper passed 900 career points at UConn last night. He will reach 1000 soon which is pretty damn good for someone who was seen as strictly a reserve guard when he arrived at UConn. Sniper has gotten this far by a great self-belief, hard work, jacking 3's and shushing the haters (or the home-crowd). Keep Sniping, Sniper!

View attachment 37532
Exactly. Remember as a freshman he was thrown to the wolves. Player injuries put him in the ring. I liked him since day one. I was amazed at his toughness and energy as a freshman. I recall many times as a freshman where he would slam dunk and get an "and 1" he would flex his muscles. Only to be called immature, when all he was doing was enjoying his role. An all around excellent player.

Reaction Score
What a joke. He will be the first UConn player, that I can remember, to go his entire 4-year career without a post season.

You are talking about a kid who came here and had virtually no expectations, who has managed to score about 1000 pounts already and is leading the team in rebounding for the second straight season at 6'2" and is widely considered the guy who gives the most every second on the court.

If I was Christian Vital, I would feel pretty good about myself. There are plenty of other "concerns" on the team, and in a relative sense Christian has been one of the few bright spots given his heart, motor and consistency.

Reaction Score
You are talking about a kid who came here and had virtually no expectations, who has managed to score about 1000 pounts already and is leading the team in rebounding for the second straight season at 6'2" and is widely considered the guy who gives the most every second on the court.

If I was Christian Vital, I would feel pretty good about myself. There are plenty of other "concerns" on the team, and in a relative sense Christian has been one of the few bright spots given his heart, motor and consistency.

Why didn't he have expectations? If he is walking away from UConn with 3 or 4 losing seasons and 0 post season appearances, I don't see how he would feel pretty good about it and I'm not sure why you would either.

Reaction Score
Even on a good husky team I would love to have a guy like vital coming off the bench for meaningful minutes. No one can ever fault him for his energy and consistentcy in regards to the first.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Here is a fun fact. If Vital stays healthy and scores at the same pace the next two seasons as he has this year...

He will finish somewhere between 9th and 12th on the all time scoring list.

From last February - glad y’all are catching up.

Reaction Score
Christian Vital aka CV aka The Sniper passed 900 career points at UConn last night. He will reach 1000 soon which is pretty damn good for someone who was seen as strictly a reserve guard when he arrived at UConn. Sniper has gotten this far by a great self-belief, hard work, jacking 3's and shushing the haters (or the home-crowd). Keep Sniping, Sniper!

View attachment 37532

Great for CV he deserves it. I think you need to dial back on the "haters" idea though, no one ever did that I saw they just questioned his buy in, which was fine. He's a totally different player this year and bought in completely to Hurely's focus for him. If Jalen took the same path as CV did we'd be a couple games better than 10-8 for sure. Hope he makes the right decision for next year and stays, it will make a difference for the Huskies and I think for him also. But he's been wonderful to watch this year.

Reaction Score
Great for CV he deserves it. I think you need to dial back on the "haters" idea though, no one ever did that I saw they just questioned his buy in, which was fine. He's a totally different player this year and bought in completely to Hurely's focus for him. If Jalen took the same path as CV did we'd be a couple games better than 10-8 for sure. Hope he makes the right decision for next year and stays, it will make a difference for the Huskies and I think for him also. But he's been wonderful to watch this year.

It was a joke, referencing a game last year when Vital nailed a 3 and shushed our home crowd.

Reaction Score
Why didn't he have expectations? If he is walking away from UConn with 3 or 4 losing seasons and 0 post season appearances, I don't see how he would feel pretty good about it and I'm not sure why you would either.

Hardooooooo

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom