The Scarlet Juggernaut rolls on.. | The Boneyard

The Scarlet Juggernaut rolls on..

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Rutgers beats #21 Miami, 42-34. At least one NFL team outscored the winner in this game. Not pretty.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Agree with Phil. Nice win. Still, a dismal offensive performance. I feel badly for RU fans...

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
Rutgers beats #21 Miami, 42-34. At least one NFL team outscored the winner in this game. Not pretty.

Hmmmm? When I first saw the score, I thought it was for a football game. LOL

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
It might have not been pretty scoring wise, but we played one heck of a defensive game against a pretty good scoring team. I'll take it.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It might have not been pretty scoring wise, but we played one heck of a defensive game against a pretty good scoring team. I'll take it.
A win is a win. :cool: And a win against a ranked team is even better.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I sometimes wonder if recruits watch Rutgers games and say "that's the style of offense I want to play."

If you're the child of a member of the Chicago Bears, then, yeah..:rolleyes:

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Hmmmm? When I first saw the score, I thought it was for a football game. LOL

Only a single point different than the Patriots game score.

Reaction Score
Agree with Phil. Nice win. Still, a dismal offensive performance. I feel badly for RU fans...

i'm curious as to why you feel badly for rutgers fans. pretty good win against a team that beat penn st. , and holding them to 34 points is quite impressive. miami scored more points against penn st than uconn scored against penn st. , my point being that miami can certainly score points.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
i'm curious as to why you feel badly for rutgers fans. pretty good win against a team that beat penn st.

Speaking for myself, BTB, on one hand, you're right. A win against a ranked team, particularly a team with a quality win against a neighboring power, is a good win.
On the other hand, Rutgers shot 32.7% from the field, 57% from the line, and had 20 turnovers - and won! Miami shot 19%, and 56%, respectively, with 22 TO's.
A thing of beauty, pleasing to the eye, this was not. I admit, I did not see the game - I'm just going from the box score. But, I assume, there had to be at least a couple of lay-ups in there somewhere. What in God's name did these two teams shoot, if ya take away the layups?
So, yes, a good win. And likely, very good defense by both squads. But, ugly, ugly offense (given that both squads shot under 60% from the line and had 20 TO's, I think that's safe to say.)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i'm curious as to why you feel badly for rutgers fans. pretty good win against a team that beat penn st. , and holding them to 34 points is quite impressive. miami scored more points against penn st than uconn scored against penn st. , my point being that miami can certainly score points.
Mainly because I'm spoiled in watching how (normally) good UCONN looks when it plays - the passing, offense, and defense they play is the best in the game.

But scoring 42 points in a win over 40 minutes has to be like running fingernails across a chalk board. You are totally correct - a nice win for RU. but not a fun game to watch. that's all i meant...

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
A good win for RU. Of course it didn't end a 41 game home winning streak.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I watched the game online. True, it wasn't pretty by any means. And Miami played pretty good defense, and we missed some easy shots, however, the defense that we played and was amazing. The best I've seen this year. And it wasn't even our full court presses. It was our half-court pressure that had Miami second guessing everything right from the tip.

But yes, I wish we could have had made it to at least 50. But I love that we held a ranked team that scores about 70 points a game to just 34.

Reaction Score
Mainly because I'm spoiled in watching how (normally) good UCONN looks when it plays - the passing, offense, and defense they play is the best in the game.

But scoring 42 points in a win over 40 minutes has to be like running fingernails across a chalk board. You are totally correct - a nice win for RU. but not a fun game to watch. that's all i meant...

understood. of course, rutgers fans are used to seeing these kinds of wins ( and losses).say what you want about stringer, she continues to get good recruits. and there are quite a few alumns in the wnba.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I thought for a moment we were starting a thread about Scarlett Johannson and something worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom