The saga of MJ | The Boneyard

The saga of MJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

storrsbred1

I can now see why MJ, at this point in her UConn career, doesn't get much time. She just doesn't have the wheels. Hopefully, that improves over time. She is a good player. A shame she got that dreaded ACL.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Bob (announcer) said that Geno talked about her ability to score, get rebounds, but that running is hindered b/c of the knee.

I still believe she will take a real step up in her JR and SR years - this year she is really just getting her sea legs IMO, though she will definitely contribute some good minutes.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
The problem MJ will have next year is she will probably end up behind Morgan Tuck and Breanna Stewart for playing time.

Reaction Score
The problem MJ will have next year is she will probably end up behind Morgan Tuck and Breanna Stewart for playing time.

Playing time is earned. If she earns it, she will get minutes.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
No college provides the overall experience of playing at UConn including the off the court experience and training.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
So Uconn should have 12 starters?

Reaction Score
No they should not have 12 starters. The overall experience of sitting on the bench at UCONN cannot favorably compare with actually playing and competing. But if an athlete knows they can play at another level of competition, then move on and play. I am looking at it from a player's perspective not the team's. If you are type B player on a type A team, then find a type B team and have some fun playing and not sitting. Even if you believe you are a type A play, it does no good if the coach thinks otherwise. With the onset of the 2012 wunderkinds, the probability of playing shrinks that much more. Participating in a sport means playing in games and not just garbage time. At least this is how I feel. If they are happy being cheerleaders in a player's uniform, then so be it. However, if they are happy cheerleading, then they should have never went to UCONN in the first place.

So Uconn should have 12 starters?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
No they should not have 12 starters. The overall experience of sitting on the bench at UCONN cannot favorably compare with actually playing and competing. But if an athlete knows they can play at another level of competition, then move on and play. I am looking at it from a player's perspective not the team's. If you are type B player on a type A team, then find a type B team and have some fun playing and not sitting. Even if you believe you are a type A play, it does no good if the coach thinks otherwise. With the onset of the 2012 wunderkinds, the probability of playing shrinks that much more. Participating in a sport means playing in games and not just garbage time. At least this is how I feel. If they are happy being cheerleaders in a player's uniform, then so be it. However, if they are happy cheerleading, then they should have never went to UCONN in the first place.
Your argument is illogical.

Reaction Score
Your argument is illogical.

Ha! Ha! So this is the best you can do ... of course it is! Being at UCONN is not the end all be all. Competing is what is important. Competing in games, not in practices where you have been written off.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
So all the bench players at Tenn, Baylor and Stanford as well as UConn should all transfer to new schools or are you saying this should only happen at UConn.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Sorry, but it is the height of arrogance to pretend you know what's best for these individuals or what motivates them.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Ha! Ha! So this is the best you can do ... of course it is! Being at UCONN is not the end all be all. Competing is what is important. Competing in games, not in practices where you have been written off.

"Participating in a sport means playing in games and not just garbage time. At least this is how I feel. If they are happy being cheerleaders in a player's uniform, then so be it. However, if they are happy cheerleading, then they should have never went to UCONN in the first place."
No, it is illogical in a pure logic sense. Your logic would indicate that UConn should have only lousy players on the bench incapable of playing anywhere. Using your argument above how would UConn ever have any bench players who could contribute because they should all go somewhere else.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
We don't speculate on transfers on the Boneyard. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom