The Run Up To Game 2 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The Run Up To Game 2

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Nike? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure of the maker of the shoe, but it was customized w/ a cartoon image of a grandma figure. Sue was having a bit of fun with the fact she's the oldest player in the league.

Reaction Score
And ABC was playing Hendrix on the way to commercials.
Jimi was one of Seattle’s finest. If you haven’t visited the Museum of Popular Culture in Seattle (formerly Experience Music Project), it’s a must for Hendrix fans (and Frank Gehry fans). Was funded by Paul Allen, who hired Gehry as the architect. Being an AMAZING building is beside the point, though - it’s an absolute multi-sensory monument to Jimi Hendrix (as well as every other major rock musician and group of that generation, but emphasis on Hendrix). Well worth the 1/2 day (or 2 hours if time is tight).

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Jimi was one of Seattle’s finest. If you haven’t visited the Museum of Popular Culture in Seattle (formerly Music Experience Project), it’s a must for Hendrix fans (and Frank Gehry fans). Was funded by Paul Allen, who hired Gehry as the architect. Being an AMAZING building is beside the point, though - it’s an absolute multi-sensory monument to Jimi Hendrix (as well as every other major rock musician and group of that generation, but emphasis on Hendrix). Well worth the 1/2 day (or 2 hours if time is tight).

That's one of those touristy things that I think most locals don't partake in. I've never been (didn't even realize they changed the name, people refer to it as EMP). Only time I've been to the Space Needle was long before I lived in the area. Did the Seattle Underground Tour on a visit also (there's quite a bit of remnants of an earlier iteration of the city buried beneath some of the downtown streets and sidewalks).

Reaction Score
That's one of those touristy things that I think most locals don't partake in. I've never been (didn't even realize they changed the name, people refer to it as EMP). Only time I've been to the Space Needle was long before I lived in the area. Did the Seattle Underground Tour on a visit also (there's quite a bit of remnants of an earlier iteration of the city buried beneath some of the downtown streets and sidewalks).
Well it’s right there for you to appreciate, whether you’re a music fan or an architecture fan. Agree the Space Needle is a little touristy/cheesy, but have you been to the Chihuly museum right underneath it? Awesome (well, if you like glass, I guess).

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well it’s right there for you to appreciate, whether you’re a music fan or an architecture fan. Agree the Space Needle is a little touristy/cheesy, but have you been to the Chihuly museum right underneath it? Awesome (well, if you like glass, I guess).

I mostly avoid down town unless there is a concert or sporting event I'm going to. I have not been to the Chihuly museum. There are several large pieces of his work at Benaroya Hall where the Seattle Symphony performs, as well as other concerts, so I've seen those.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The good ol' Sue Bird move.

'Good ol' Sue Bird move' helps Seattle clinch Game 2 win

"You should go talk to Chris Dailey," Bird said afterward of the UConn Huskies' longtime associate head coach. "I've been doing that swipe-around-the-back thing since I was, like, 18 years old. She absolutely hates it. She calls it the 'Sue Bird move.' In fact, when she does scouting reports, she will say, like, 'Watch out for so-and-so; they do the Sue Bird move.'

"I literally -- the minute I walked in the locker room -- checked my phone; I knew I was going to have a text message about it. Like sure enough: 'Congratulations, you did the Sue Bird move.'"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom