The Road to winning the BE goes thru... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Road to winning the BE goes thru...

Reaction Score
Aiken is nasty…he’s got a bit of Shabazz in his game if I do say so myself
Rhoden and Aiken. Stronger than our #1 and #2 guards. Sanogo is better than Yetna. Martin vs Samuels close. A real battle shaping up if we are at full strength.

Reaction Score
Seton Hall creates the toughest matchup for us... Aiken has a killer instinct we currently lack and Yetna is an extremely underrated rebounder, especially on the offensive glass. With Nova, they arent going to be a team that can put up 80 points on us and their front court is non-existent at times. Our road goes through NJ.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I really think Seton Hall is the hottest team right now. They are really good. I don't like making predictions as my basketball IQ isn't the greatest. But boy do they look good

I haven't had the chance to see UConn at full strength yet. Hopefully when they visit Newark again or MSG I can catch the team with Sanogo back
I watched a ton of hoops the past month and seton hall looks better than everyone in big East. Team is a handful.

Reaction Score
Rhoden and Aiken. Stronger than our #1 and #2 guards. Sanogo is better than Yetna. Martin vs Samuels close. A real battle shaping up if we are at full strength.
RJ is better than Aiken

Reaction Score
UConn fans are like Knick fans. We love everyone elses players and hate our own. Saying Aiken is better than RJ at this point is laughable

Reaction Score
I watched a ton of hoops the past month and seton hall looks better than everyone in big East. Team is a handful.
I think Hall, Xavier, Nova, and UConn have all looked pretty equal. I love to point out that we have yet to lose healthy. Both losses we have were with significant injuries. I think without injuries, we're undefeated right now. That's impossible to know. But it what I believe. Hall is super complete. But Nova, Xavier and UConn are as well. Should be fun.

Reaction Score
Even if true what about their 1-2 combination?
Equal imo. I'm not a big bryce aiken fan. The gap between Rhoden and Martin is the same as between Aiken and RJ.

RJ/Martin = Aiken/Rhoden. And Martin is going to give Rhoden fits on defense.

*I see you have Martin as our 3. I look at him as more of a power 2. That's the disconnect. I see Jackson as more of a point foward. If they have an advantage anywhere it's there between Cale and Jackson, although it's still debatable. Our front court is better clearly imo. If Seton Hall bests us in the conference this season it'll be because Willard used his talent better than Hurley.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn fans are like Knick fans. We love everyone elses players and hate our own. Saying Aiken is better than RJ at this point is laughable
Due to emotion you're always more critical of players on the team you root for so that fair... But RJs critical missed free throws from last yr still keep me up at night, and the way've closed out games this yr hasn't been much better. I firmly believe RJs confidence level is off the charts compared to last year so thats big plus, Aiken may not be better, but from what Ive seen so far if given a choice between the two I'd rather have the ball in Aikens hands down the stretch than RJs until proven otherwise.

Reaction Score
Due to emotion you're always more critical of players on the team you root for so that fair... But RJs critical missed free throws from last yr still keep me up at night, and the way've closed out games this yr hasn't been much better. I firmly believe RJs confidence level is off the charts compared to last year so thats big plus, Aiken may not be better, but from what Ive seen so far if given a choice between the two I'd rather have the ball in Aikens hands down the stretch than RJs until proven otherwise.
What about Aikens missed free throws last year. RJ has hit multiple big shots already this seasob

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
anybody can beat anybody - especially this year
Nova is down a bit on talent but they have been in the fight so know what to expect
Hall (sorry fellow UConn fans) has proven talent when healthy and can play with anybody in the country but are susceptible to down times and erratic play
Xavier is solid with Freemantle, Nunge, Scruggs and Kunkel but sometimes Chris Mack allows them too much freedom on the court and they get sloppy
UConn rounds out the top 4
I would not count out any of the other 7 teams to get hot and make noise

Where does the NBE title run through? If any team has the slight advantage it's Nova

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I think Hall, Xavier, Nova, and UConn have all looked pretty equal. I love to point out that we have yet to lose healthy. Both losses we have were with significant injuries. I think without injuries, we're undefeated right now. That's impossible to know. But it what I believe. Hall is super complete. But Nova, Xavier and UConn are as well. Should be fun.
I don’t disagree with this . No team has a clear cut margin over another. I think the hall has looked slightly better than the others thus far but only slightly. None of the 4 winning the league would be a shocker. Nova probably the team to beat still, but Hall and the Huskies are nipping at their heels. Because that too 4 is so strong I think this might be a year where nova gets edged from the top spot.

Reaction Score
Nova is down a bit on talent but they have been in the fight so know what to expect
Hall (sorry fellow UConn fans) has proven talent when healthy and can play with anybody in the country but are susceptible to down times and erratic play
Xavier is solid with Freemantle, Nunge, Scruggs and Kunkel but sometimes Chris Mack allows them too much freedom on the court and they get sloppy

Where does the NBE title run through? If any team has the slight advantage it's Nova
Who on Hall is more proven than anyone we have?

Reaction Score
We played with MSU and Auburn and we can play with anyone but we have 1 guard that can break the D down on the dribble and that’s RJ. They have 2 that can. Hawkins would be a good answer and if he emerges that gives us the edge.

Reaction Score
Win the first one against Providence. If things go sideways Saturday. We start behind the 8 ball.

Reaction Score

You're a bit out of date.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Seton Hall creates the toughest matchup for us... Aiken has a killer instinct we currently lack and Yetna is an extremely underrated rebounder, especially on the offensive glass. With Nova, they arent going to be a team that can put up 80 points on us and their front court is non-existent at times. Our road goes through NJ.
Richmond it’s good too. Like AJ but can score more readily.

Reaction Score
The magic number by team to get into tournament
Nova: 18
UConn: 19 (weak OOC)
Seton Hall: 18
Xavier: 18
Providence: 19 (weak OOC)
Marquette: 17 (strong OOC)
St. John's: 20 (very weak OOC)
Creighton: 19 (weak OOC)
Butler: 20 (2 D2 wins)
DePaul: 19 (weak OOC)
Georgetown: 20 (weak OOC and bad losses)

Reaction Score
91-24 but with 3 D2 wins.
3 D2 wins lol...91-24 is the highest OOC winning % for the BE ever! At 79.1% it's 10% points higher the the second highest winning % ever (1980) so you can scratch the 3 D2 wins and still finish with the best % ever. There's still a few games left to go so we''' see where things settle at.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom