The Road to winning the BE goes thru... | The Boneyard

The Road to winning the BE goes thru...

Reaction Score
As the OOC season ends I think it's time to take Nova off the pedestal that everyone has put them on. I don't think they are the runaway favorites based on play so far. If they are there at the end so be it but what I see is a team that has proven less than a few other BE teams. They have one top 25 win and a win over the Canadians, while the Hall has 2 top 10 wins and we have been playing w/out Sanogo & Martin. While there is no shame in losing to UCLA, Pursue, and Baylor it's how they lost those games. They shot 22% from the field against Baylor and choking down the stretch in the other 2. Nova has no low post game to speak of. They have as much to prove as any of the top teams in the league.

I don't think there is a clear cut favorite right now instead I see a dog fight until the end.

Tier 1: UConn/SHU/Nova/X
Tier 2: Prov
Tier 3: Marq/Creighton
Tier 4: SJU/Depaul
Tier 5: Butler/Hoyas

Right now I think the first 5 are NCAA locks while I can see 1 or 2 more sneaking in.

Reaction Score
As the OOC season ends I think it's time to take Nova off the pedestal that everyone has put them on. I don't think they are the runaway favorites based on play so far. If they are there at the end so be it but what I see is a team that has proven less than a few other BE teams. They have one top 25 win and a win over the Canadians, while the Hall has 2 top 10 wins and we have been playing w/out Sanogo & Martin. While there is no shame in losing to UCLA, Pursue, and Baylor it's how they lost those games. They shot 22% from the field against Baylor and choking down the stretch in the other 2. Nova has no low post game to speak of. They have as much to prove as any of the top teams in the league.

I don't think there is a clear cut favorite right now instead I see a dog fight until the end.

Right now I think the first 5 are NCAA locks while I can see 1 or 2 more sneaking in.
Agreed but I group Providence, St. John's, Creighton, Marquette, and Butler all together.

UConn is the most talented team, it's there for the taking if they are healthy.

Reaction Score

Xavier? I’d put them in tier 1 as well with Freemantle back in action

Reaction Score

Oops didn’t see the X

Reaction Score
Haven’t watched any of their games but based on results I think Hall is legit. Not impressed with Nova thus far

Reaction Score

It's still Nova's conference until proven otherwise. Yes, they looked absolutely terrible at times this year (especially yesterday -- 15 points at half!) and they probably aren't heads and shoulders ahead of everyone in the conference like they have been for most of the past decade. However, under no circumstances should you underestimate them in my opinion. They're going to probably have a top 10 schedule when its all done so even though they have a few losses vs elite teams, it's not like they're out here losing to bad teams.

I think this is the correct tier, I'd actually move St. John's up as I'm still high on them although their OCC schedule has been a joke. Posh and Champagnie are as good of a duo as anyone in the conference and if the rest of the team is even remotely competent they'll be a maybe even Tier 2 sooner rather than later.

Reaction Score
It's still Nova's conference until proven otherwise. Yes, they looked absolutely terrible at times this year (especially yesterday -- 15 points at half!) and they probably aren't heads and shoulders ahead of everyone in the conference like they have been for most of the past decade. However, under no circumstances should you underestimate them in my opinion. They're going to probably have a top 10 schedule when its all done so even though they have a few losses vs elite teams, it's not like they're out here losing to bad teams.

I think this is the correct tier, I'd actually move St. John's up as I'm still high on them although their OCC schedule has been a joke. Posh and Champagnie are as good of a duo as anyone in the conference and if the rest of the team is even remotely competent they'll be a maybe even Tier 2 sooner rather than later.
Yeah Nova isn't losing to bad teams they actually are losing to legit f4/nc contenders. After 3 losses to those teams I think Nova has shown that they are solidly one tier below f4/nc status, which I believe based on resumes can be said for the hall, X, and uconn.

I think Uconn has the most overall talent, X has the best overall player in fremantle, the hall has the best defense & 2nd best player in Rhoden, while nova has the most/best experience & best coach. I think its a toss up right now.

Reaction Score
Early pretty early for predictions? When is the right time for predictions? After all the games are played?
Exactly, but also at this point since the OOC is pretty much done the odds are crazy for the league to get less than 5 teams now. This will be a BE regular season with nearly 0 bad loss opportunities and full of quality wins.

Reaction Score
It's pretty early for these BE predictions, locks and whatnot. 4 weeks from now when these teams have actually played each other.
The BE will finish the OOC as a top 2/3 league and at this point has 10 teams that can go .500 in league play and still end up with 17+ wins on the season. How many wins will it take to get in we don't know but it's not too early to say 5 are a lock...which 5 maybe.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
The BE will finish the OOC as a top 2/3 league and at this point has 10 teams that can go .500 in league play and still end up with 17+ wins on the season. How many wins will it take to get in we don't know but it's not too early to say 5 are a lock...which 5 maybe.
The magic number by team to get into tournament
Nova: 18
UConn: 19 (weak OOC)
Seton Hall: 18
Xavier: 18
Providence: 19 (weak OOC)
Marquette: 17 (strong OOC)
St. John's: 20 (very weak OOC)
Creighton: 19 (weak OOC)
Butler: 20 (2 D2 wins)
DePaul: 19 (weak OOC)
Georgetown: 20 (weak OOC and bad losses)

Reaction Score
I like the projections but I do think if marq needs 17 then shu and x should be right there also.. But really the only one I would change is pc. Right now they have the 3 Q1 wins which is tied for most in the country (X has 3 also). They have a Quad score (Quad wins vs Quad losses) that ranks 15th in the nation and 3rd in the BE behind x and shu.

Basically they have had a strong OOC schedule and performance.

Team Quadrant Wins and Losses Tracker

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I like the projections but I do think if marq needs 17 then shu and x should be right there also.. But really the only one I would change is pc. Right now they have the 3 Q1 wins which is tied for most in the country (X has 3 also). They have a Quad score (Quad wins vs Quad losses) that ranks 15th in the nation and 3rd in the BE behind x and shu.

Basically they have had a strong OOC schedule and performance.

Team Quadrant Wins and Losses Tracker
That's fair. 18 for them then.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
How many of these prediction threads can we have?
1 thru 11 is a toss-up :rolleyes: Head bang

Reaction Score

i'd combine tier 2 and 3. dont think PC is a tier above marquette and creighton yet based on the wisconsin and TT wins. marquette and creighton also have good wins between them and PC got whooped by UVA by 18. otherwise i agree.

Reaction Score
I really think Seton Hall is the hottest team right now. They are really good. I don't like making predictions as my basketball IQ isn't the greatest. But boy do they look good

I haven't had the chance to see UConn at full strength yet. Hopefully when they visit Newark again or MSG I can catch the team with Sanogo back

Reaction Score
The fact you list UConn as a weak OOC is in and of itself very stupid, but then you leave that off for SH and X and I am left with wondering if you are ok?

I don't give a crap about the cupcakes, everyone plays cupcakes. UConn played 4 teams in the current Lunardi bracket, Xavier played 3 and SH played 3. Go by the NET and neither played more Quad 1 and 2 games then UConn. Auburn and probably MSU are better than any team Xavier or SH played and none of those teams went on the road to a team like WVU. (SH playing at a bad Michigan team who just got blown out at home by Minny does not move the needle for me).

Reaction Score
I really think Seton Hall is the hottest team right now. They are really good. I don't like making predictions as my basketball IQ isn't the greatest. But boy do they look good

I haven't had the chance to see UConn at full strength yet. Hopefully when they visit Newark again or MSG I can catch the team with Sanogo back
Lots of credit going around for SH who has one good win and that's at a close one at home against a Texas team full of transfers whose best win is against Northern Colorado.

Reaction Score
The fact you list UConn as a weak OOC is in and of itself very stupid, but then you leave that off for SH and X and I am left with wondering if you are ok?

I don't give a crap about the cupcakes, everyone plays cupcakes. UConn played 4 teams in the current Lunardi bracket, Xavier played 3 and SH played 3. Go by the NET and neither played more Quad 1 and 2 games then UConn. Auburn and probably MSU are better than any team Xavier or SH played and none of those teams went on the road to a team like WVU. (SH playing at a bad Michigan team who just got blown out at home by Minny does not move the needle for me).
Well uconn's schedule has been soft. Uconn is tied with Depaul for 2nd most Q4 W's in the BE with 6 one behind SJU with 7.

Everyone now knows Mich is not a top 25 team but a bad team? They've lost 3 Q1 games (shu, @arizona & unc) and 1 Q2 game (Minny which only has 1 loss so far to Mich st btw). They were overrated but its not like they went out and lost to Rutgers like Purdue.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom