The Retired Judge Speaks. | The Boneyard

The Retired Judge Speaks.

Reaction Score
Your former and retired Judge is headed down to lovely Key West to enjoy the 1st and 2nd rds from sunny FLA. And here we are, less than 2 days until tipoff, watching our Mojo flop around like a half dead snapper on a dock.

I may be retired, but that doesn't mean I don't care. And it doesn't mean I suddenly forgot how to Mojo up a title or four.

I'll leave you with my thoughts. Do with them what you will.

1) It's crystal clear those limericks were Mojo repellant yet, the current position has ignored any punishment of that.
2) It's crystal clear those $2 Miller Lites were rocket fuel for our fans and our team's performance. AD Dave says "Do you see what I see?" Not sure how the current position ignores this too.
3) Tom posted about getting behind a charity in the attached post (It Is Scapegoat Time of Year.) and one person responded to it. All years great in the history of the Yard had some charitable component. I mean, we stood on a stage and had Saint James Calhoun thank us personally for donating a $47,000 heart transplant machine.

Time's a'wastin and you're all spinning your wheels talking about a G League post. Well, I'm out. I'll be living the lyrics of a Jimmy Buffet song at this point tomorrow. Good luck.

Screenshot 2023-03-15 152303.jpg

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Your former and retired Judge is headed down to lovely Key West to enjoy the 1st and 2nd rds from sunny FLA. And here we are, less than 2 days until tipoff, watching our Mojo flop around like a half dead snapper on a dock.

I may be retired, but that doesn't mean I don't care. And it doesn't mean I suddenly forgot how to Mojo up a title or four.

1) It's crystal clear those limericks were Mojo repellant yet, the current position has ignored any punishment of that.
2) It's crystal clear those $2 Miller Lites were rocket fuel for our fans and our team's performance. AD Dave says "Do you see what I see?" Not sure how the current position ignores this too.
3) Tom posted about getting behind a charity in the attached post (It Is Scapegoat Time of Year.) and one person responded to it. All years great in the history of the Yard had some charitable component. I mean, we stood on a stage and had Saint James Calhoun thank us personally for donating a $47,000 heart transplant machine.

Time's a'wastin and you're all spinning your wheels talking about a G League post. Well, I'm out. I'll be living the lyrics of a Jimmy Buffet song at this point tomorrow. Good luck.

View attachment 85147

This is on you too, you know that, right?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

View attachment 85147
I’ll give you a like if this is definitely your last word on the subject.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
This is on you too, you know that, right?
Pot/kettle in this instance, but appreciated (and important) nonetheless.
I’ll give you a like if this is definitely your last word on the subject.
I can't protest this. It's better to thank the man for the reality of his service (4>1), and move on without concern that a clutching hand may pop up from the grave after the credits. Only Alex Karaban gets to interrupt the huddle.

Sometimes giving up is the strong thing
Sometimes to run is the brave thing
Sometimes walking out is the one thing
That will find you the right thing
That will find you the right thing
And you know in your soul
And you know in your soul
When it's time to go
You know, you know, you know, you know
When it's time to go
So then you go
Then you go
You just go

Sustain a 100-shot volley with a suitably cooperative someone before another pair throws you off the table at Blue Heaven and your victorious departure round for both is on me.
If anybody else wants to add a "Thank you" round, that might be a nice gesture.

Screenshot_20230315-161851.png

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Part of me thinks that running away to the conch republic when there is a tournament to fight our way through is the act of a coward. I do however fully agree with the three points that he brought forward before tucking tail and retreating from the good fight.

Reaction Score
Part of me thinks that running away to the conch republic when there is a tournament to fight our way through is the act of a coward. I do however fully agree with the three points that he brought forward before tucking tail and retreating from the good fight.
This "coward" could have left without sharing this post and trying to help too.....

ctchamps

Reaction Score
This "coward" could have left without sharing this post and trying to help too.....
Well there goes the like. You've provided this forum with more than enough good mojo for my lifetime. My only quibble is that like Mike Kzqoxzxcvvrymnqptrcvxzgjwkski you need a long goodbye instead of just fading away into the sunset on your laurels.

But I bear you no resentment. Have a good time!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Not really. I was never the judge. I abdicated nothing. I'm just ADub from the block.

Nobody said you were a judge, just someone who distracted himself and lent support to the chaos... probably more Ben than Jenny.

When you're all in or all out, we'll know.

Tick
Tock
47 hours
Still work to do

Not doubting your capacity.
It's more about commitment.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Nobody said you were a judge, just someone who distracted himself and lent support to the chaos... probably more Ben than Jenny.

When you're all in or all out, we'll know.

Tick
Tock
47 hours
Still work to do

Good God no. If we formally make him the Jurrrrdge he's going to pass a sentence that members of this forum must eat at Arby's as long as UConn is still playing. Some punishments go too far!

This is the way! I have spoken!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Also. LOL Jimmy Buffet. It all fits now.
Oy, with the "Also."

Are you chasing distraction, or aiding & abetting?

A man is most vulnerable when he announces retirement. This isn't Coach K. Think Brady.

Let him pack his bags and ready himself for that first Harvey Wallbanger with a Miller Lite chaser.

I read something like you've got buckets of mojo to unleash. You're a working guy in this unfolding drama.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Good God no. If we formally make him the Jurrrrdge he's going to pass a sentence that members of this forum must eat at Arby's as long as UConn is still playing. Some punishments go too far!

Who said anything about ADub being a judge other than him by denial, and you referencing fear? Not I.

I'm just advising that he knock it off regarding actions that invite Deepster back into the fray, even from the peanut gallery. The Retired Judge made his declaration and suggestions, and then replied to a taunt from someone knows better but perhaps has a distractible nature. "I tried to get out, but they keep dragging me back in" isn't the stuff of <47 hours from tip-off. Mass hysteria thrives on such things.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Who said anything about ADub being a judge other than him by denial, and you referencing fear? Not I.

I'm just advising that he knock it off regarding actions that invite Deepster back into the fray, even from the peanut gallery. The Retired Judge made his declaration and suggestions, and then replied to a taunt from someone knows better but perhaps has a distractible nature. "I tried to get out, but they keep dragging me back in" isn't the stuff of <47 hours from tip-off. Mass hysteria thrives on such things.
Got it and in total agreement with this sentiment. All of us should just stop responding to the slacker and let him enjoy his time at the beach in Boneyard solitude.

This had me confused:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Got it and in total agreement with this sentiment. All of us should just stop responding to the slacker and let him enjoy his time at the beach in Boneyard solitude.

This had me confused:

Capacity/commitment only as to stoking mojo.

Elsewhere, I just asked if this morning's Elite Eight 8-hour poll has closed, now that 8½ hours have elapsed. We need to be ready to help teammates, not make their work harder.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom