The rest of the country | The Boneyard

The rest of the country

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
As well they should be. If the chemistry stays solid, we'll be a very tough out.

Reaction Score
in the words of the great Bart Scott, "CAN'T WAIT!!!"

Reaction Score
yeah ive been on the boards of kentucky,unc and duke. the ku board wreaked of fear and had alot of talk about how this is "fishy" and they expect something illegal transpired since jc runs such a "dirty program". a few also went on about how AD isnt even the #1 recruit in the 2012 class and is not a good as their frosh big man and that terrence jones could guard AD in the post and they wont have to worry about AO because hes not an offensive threat,lol! theyre a hateful bunch, could you imagine what that fan base will be like if we were to beat them in the final four again? the unc board just showed respect saying uconn is going to be a problem and that we`ll be just as good as them but of course think theyd beat us. the duke board just said they hated us but were hoping we`d beat unc lol!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
yeah ive been on the boards of kentucky,unc and duke. the ku board wreaked of fear and had alot of talk about how this is "fishy" and they expect something illegal transpired since jc runs such a "dirty program". a few also went on about how AD isnt even the #1 recruit in the 2012 class and is not a good as their frosh big man and that terrence jones could guard AD in the post and they wont have to worry about AO because hes not an offensive threat,lol! theyre a hateful bunch, could you imagine what that fan base will be like if we were to beat them in the final four again? the unc board just showed respect saying uconn is going to be a problem and that we`ll be just as good as them but of course think theyd beat us. the duke board just said they hated us but were hoping we`d beat unc lol!
Funny summary of the different fan bases. KU was recruiting Drummond hard and UConn did just beat them twice so its natural they have some hate for us.

Reaction Score
My daughter attends UNC...they have a great fanbase and most fans I've talked to (I go to 2-3 UNC games a year) or good, knowledgeable fans...they respect UCONN, and some love us for beating Duke!

Reaction Score
Kansas fans are pretty delusional, they are wondering where our offnese is going to come from

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Kansas fans are pretty delusional, they are wondering where our offnese is going to come from

I think they are talking about Kentucky (UK) fans but simply using the wrong initials. Kansas is KU.

Reaction Score
Funny summary of the different fan bases. KU was recruiting Drummond hard and UConn did just beat them twice so its natural they have some hate for us.
Lol, I read catspuase and they thought WE were the cheaters.

Reaction Score
The Schollie situation will work itself out...

He's an instate kid...

Pell Grants...and such..

He's here that's all that I care, maybe him and Tyler can both split a scholarship and grants can take care of the rest.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
... some love us for beating Duke!

If only I still had the Daily Tar Heel editorial from the day after the 1999 NC. Some serious UConn love there. Unfortunately I can't find it online and my digital copy was eaten by a German virus.

Reaction Score
10 schollies and this heavy-ass NCAA Championship trophy. Wanna trade places?

No. I would not want to trade places with a team that won a championship while on probation. Sorry.

I find it quite comical that you all are bragging about winning championships while your coach cheats and your players couldn't give two about academics (hence the APR sanctions).

Reaction Score
I think there are only like 6 schools in the country that have never had sanctions brought up against them so whatever school you're a fan of is clearly not a shining example of fair play either...

Calhoun made a mistake and now he's paying for it...unfortunately for everyone else, winning another NC was his way of coping

Reaction Score
I think there are only like 6 schools in the country that have never had sanctions brought up against them so whatever school you're a fan of is clearly not a shining example of fair play either...

Calhoun made a mistake and now he's paying for it...unfortunately for everyone else, winning another NC was his way of coping

We'll see if any of his three are still there in 10 years.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
No. I would not want to trade places with a team that won a championship while on probation. Sorry.

I find it quite comical that you all are bragging about winning championships while your coach cheats and your players couldn't give two darns about academics (hence the APR sanctions).

Neither charge is quite true. UConn has always cared about academics. Players go to class and do their own work. We had 2 All-American guys win the National Championship and graduate in 3 years that same season. Who else has done that? HINT: No one. That a few guys, millionaires mostly, haven't completed their degree requirements on someone else's timeline is not a big deal. Now that it comes with penalties, UConn will adjust.

And I guess Calhoun cheated with his technical violation. But I think it matters that his contract was with a recruit that he already had, not a player he was trying to get. A kid with no parents and not much of a support system. It was care and feeding, not SEC stuff. Izzo and K have had technical violations since.

When I read stuff like this post I make a mental note, this guy is an idiot.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Neither charge is quite true. UConn has always cared about academics. Players go to class and do their own work. We had 2 All-American guys win the National Championship and graduate in 3 years that same season. Who else has done that? HINT: No one. That a few guys, millionaires mostly, haven't completed their degree requirements on someone else's timeline is not a big deal. Now that it comes with penalties, UConn will adjust.

And I guess Calhoun cheated with his technical violation. But I think it matters that his contract was with a recruit that he already had, not a player he was trying to get. A kid with no parents and not much of a support system. It was care and feeding, not SEC stuff. Izzo and K have had technical violations since.

When I read stuff like this post I make a mental note, this guy is an idiot.

He's a troll. Who cares what the guy says. He probably wipes his butt with his hands, goes up to people, shakes their hand and claims he's clean. This guy is miserable and wants people who are happy to be miserable with him. I can't speak for other posters but he doesn't bother me one bit. I'm not shaking his hand. Let him lick it.

Reaction Score
He's a troll. Who cares what the guy says. He probably wipes his butt with his hands, goes up to people, shakes their hand and claims he's clean. This guy is miserable and wants people who are happy to be miserable with him. I can't speak for other posters but he doesn't bother me one bit. I'm not shaking his hand. Let him lick it.

That is an awesome comparison for dealing with a troll and I wish I hadn't shook his hand.

Reaction Score
We'll see if any of his three are still there in 10 years.
Are you planning a collaborative effort with yahoo to launch another investigation? Barring the most heinous scandal in the history of college sports I'd say JC's trophies are safe...however, the squid's latest FF banner...I'd keep an eye on that, history has a way of repeating itself

Reaction Score

Yea, and the cops are just miserable haters when they but felons that are happy with their new loot...

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
do-not-feed-the-trolls.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads