The refs | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The refs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I thought they were much better in the first half than the second.

If that game is reffed anywhere close to even in the second half, UConn would’ve won by 25. There was a stretch where anyone getting into Eddy’s bubble (e.g., Spencer for strips) was called for a foul almost automatically
I wish we had seen replays. It’s impossible to really tell whether we caught him on the arm at full game speed from the TV angle/distance and for some reason the broadcast just refused to show any of those replays.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'd say uneven, but a very difficult game to call. There were fouls on most possessions. I have some issues with the ones they chose to call ( or not call) but it seemed pretty clear they went into the game knowing they didn't want to call a lot of fouls early.

Once we were up 10, they started to call more fouls. Then when half the UConn players were in foul trouble they dailed it back again. Clingan or Stewart out for the stretch would have turned a close game. Glad it never came to that.

Reaction Score
Made up for the mega flop “charge” they called on Castle down on the baseline. But yeah, that was a charge for sure.
Yeah, I thought the game skewed in their favor and we won despite the refs. I'm just amused that that was the one we got because it was so ridiculous. It almost felt like it was so bad the narrative would be "UConn getting the calls," when in fact a lot of the clean, high speed plays that weren't as obvious or weren't shown on replay went against us. Samson's 5th foul, for example, never had a replay. And when I paused my screen trying to see the contact, he must have been 5' away from a player in black. But the viewer at home didn't get a second look at THAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32
Top Bottom