The refs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The refs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Still feel like Edey gets away with murder; there were several over the backs/shoves that should have been called, then his entire postgame is kinda sketchy. Ofcourse the guy is going to be unstoppable if they allow him to use elbows on dropsteps to create space in the post. He'll struggle with that sort of skillset at the next level

Reaction Score
I was pissed when Anderson called Hurley for coming out on the court and then I saw the replay and that he actually shoved Cam. So I guess that wasn't that bad a call.
I don't get how it wasn't a tech by default. I mean a coach can pick up regular fouls?

Reaction Score
It literally took him tackling Cam Spencer on a rebound to be whistled for his first foul.
Had to love when the announcers said Spencer did a good acting job to draw the foul. Then they showed the replay and Spencer got pummeled like a slant receiver in football catching one over the middle and taking a hit from a safety. I had to laugh at that one.

Reaction Score
Still feel like Edey gets away with murder; there were several over the backs/shoves that should have been called, then his entire postgame is kinda sketchy. Ofcourse the guy is going to be unstoppable if they allow him to use elbows on dropsteps to create space in the post. He'll struggle with that sort of skillset at the next level
"He's a great player," Clingan noted. "I really like how he got position. Tonight, he elbowed me in the head about 15 times. I might need some Advil after this. I really like how he gets position, I used to watch it, tried to learn some things from him. In past few days, I probably watched five, six games."

Lol

Reaction Score
Was the ball Edey tipped in still in the cylinder or nah? It looked to me like it was partially still in the cylinder and should have been waived off.
Ball was absolutely still on the rim and should have been waved off. It was obvious, even in real time.

Was anyone else ticked off at TBS for the replays they did not show? They never showed a replay of this tip in. There were a few questionable fouls on players for both teams and they never showed the replay.

Reaction Score
Ball was absolutely still on the rim and should have been waved off. It was obvious, even in real time.

Was anyone else ticked off at TBS for the replays they did not show? They never showed a replay of this tip in. There were a few questionable fouls on players for both teams and they never showed the replay.

Great replay yup bad call.

Reaction Score
Too much respect for Edey if they are going to call every touch on our bigs but require that he tackle us to get a foul. There was an obvious moving screen in the first half they didn’t call which was just so obvious. You know if Clingan did the same thing they’d give him the foul
I also think its weird because Edey fouls on the offensive end, while most guys foul on D...I don't think refs are accustomed to calling many offensive fouls near the hoop. I'm not sure the refs know how to count to 3 sec on Edey. The play on Karaban seemed pretty egregious and the lowering the shoulder isn't a foul....in the NFL. Other than kid gloves on Edey, I think it was called ok

Reaction Score
Refs were not a factor in the game last night, and I thought they did a very good job in a game with a high level of physicality and speed. The warning on Hurley for being out of the coaching box is a great example of preventative officiating. Sure, he could've T'd Hurley up, but instead Anderson blew his whistle to stop play and issued a warning. Great piece of officiating right there!

Reaction Score

if not a goaltending, Edey def shoved Clingan out of position on the rebound.

Reaction Score
if not a goaltending, Edey def shoved Clingan out of position on the rebound.
Those boys were battling all night, and the refs pretty much let them go, so I can see why they didn't call a foul on Edey.

And, FWIW, goaltending is on the defensive end. This should have been basket interference on Edey.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The refs were pretty good.

Still though, DC has to know at that time and reward for poking a ball away into a 50/50 ball situation is not worth the risk. Other than that, DC was solid on defense and he and that little stretch were SJ stayed on the floor in the second half, really wore on Edey.
I didn’t think it was a foul but I was yelling no no don’t reach their gonna call it. All is good Clingan saved up his fouls.

Only thing which irritated me on that call was it was the ref on the baseline who blew the whistle. He was absolutely blinded by both players and had no way of knowing if that was clean or a foul.

Reaction Score
I think it was a step up from the Big East refs so they seemed great by comparison. Every game has a couple gripes but they did a solid job outside of the Edey stuff and they were head and shoulders above the big east refs.

Reaction Score
Call me crazy but they were good last night and good the whole tournament. Edey gets way too much love from the refs every single game he plays and we saw a little of that last night but there were just two in winning time with him that bothered me. There was a play in the opening seconds where he was throwing his arms all over Donovan on offense and one out by the three point line on offense. There were two in garbage time where he used his arms to throw Karaban out of the way. Overall they let everyone play and we had a couple calls go our way too. We get a solid whistle outside of league play and always have, my beef is with Big East refs.

I actually like Jeff Anderson.
Then there was the oh so obvious goal tending they didn't call on Edey and all the times Edey dipped his shoulder and bumped DC repeatedly in order to get position...........I thought they're supposed to call fouls whenever a player gains an advantage by doing things like the body slams.

Reaction Score
Had to love when the announcers said Spencer did a good acting job to draw the foul. Then they showed the replay and Spencer got pummeled like a slant receiver in football catching one over the middle and taking a hit from a safety. I had to laugh at that one.
My wife and I both immediately said "what!!!" when the announcer said that he "he did a good job selling it"...he got creamed and the replay showed it.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Heh, my sister kept texting me asking why Edey wasn't getting calls - it's just the way it is. At least we didn't get tight calls and it was pretty evenhanded overall. SJ needs to cut out those garbage fouls though, Clingan has done a good job this season cleaning his up for the most part.

We all saw that basket interference but it didn't matter anyway.

Reaction Score
Those boys were battling all night, and the refs pretty much let them go, so I can see why they didn't call a foul on Edey.

And, FWIW, goaltending is on the defensive end. This should have been basket interference on Edey.
Details, schmetails.......correct though.

Reaction Score
What the heck was that about? It looked like he was trying to move Cam to a different spot or something.
I felt like Hurley thought this was a controlled scrimmage "Guys, lets run this one again. Cam, you start over here this time"

Reaction Score
Refs are "almost" always bad. Win or lose. What makes it palatable is 1) your team wins 2) consistency.

Also, in conference officiating (all conferences really) is, for whatever reason, much worse.

Reaction Score
There was a called block on Purdue that might have been a charge that the refs may have gotten wrong. You win some, you lose some.

Reaction Score
There was a called block on Purdue that might have been a charge that the refs may have gotten wrong. You win some, you lose some.
That was a textbook charge haha

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Call me crazy but they were good last night and good the whole tournament. Edey gets way too much love from the refs every single game he plays and we saw a little of that last night but there were just two in winning time with him that bothered me.
The over the back call on Clingan and the lack of a goaltending call on Edey bothered me. A lot. That was shoddy officiating.

Reaction Score
I thought they were much better in the first half than the second.

If that game is reffed anywhere close to even in the second half, UConn would’ve won by 25. There was a stretch where anyone getting into Eddy’s bubble (e.g., Spencer for strips) was called for a foul almost automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom