The reason for the poll asking which CT city is closest to you | The Boneyard

The reason for the poll asking which CT city is closest to you

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Remember the poll I took asking which city is closest to you? Here are the final results. It appears most of us are grouped around the central part of the state.

upload_2018-4-16_19-51-53.png

I was thinking it's been a while since we all got together. So, let's talk. A central place for the most people looks to be somewhere from Rocky Hill to Meriden. Anyone interested? We can do a happy hour or a picnic/pot luck thing. Let's get an idea if people are interested and, if so, ideas for spending some time getting to know each other - again. It's been a long time since the Boneyard Open golf tournament.

Reaction Score
Great idea! You can always come down the shore for a picnic at beautiful hammonsett state park in Madison. Take advantage of the nice weather coming up.

Grilling and beach.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I think that's a great idea and would love to bring the family.
Do you think it will confirm or dispel my wife's concern that we are a bunch of weird, unbalanced people? :D

Reaction Score
Sounds like a great idea. I sure want to put faces with these Avatars. :D May I offer Wadsworth Falls in Middletown as a meeting place. Running water, picnic tables, trails and depending when this takes place a swimming hole...if family are invited.

Region_1233.jpg

Unfortunately, Stamford always gets the short end of the stick, as far as mileage is concerned.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I’d go. We are away a lot though, mostly this year in Mid May and three weeks at beginning of July.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
The East Coast during the summer months brings memories of, well, heat and humidity. Late September or early October, anyone?

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
If my situation permits I'll come in my pedicab and give people rides.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Nah, send Kitchen Cooked chips, please. :D

Good call. They are from Bushnell and Farmington, both places being in the Western-central part of the state. While I'm at it, I'll send you some Aurelio's pizza.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Remember the poll I took asking which city is closest to you? Here are the final results. It appears most of us are grouped around the central part of the state.

View attachment 30746

I was thinking it's been a while since we all got together. So, let's talk. A central place for the most people looks to be somewhere from Rocky Hill to Meriden. Anyone interested? We can do a happy hour or a picnic/pot luck thing. Let's get an idea if people are interested and, if so, ideas for spending some time getting to know each other - again. It's been a long time since the Boneyard Open golf tournament.

I'd be interested in having some leftovers Fedex'ed down to the Piedmont Triad. Preferably fried chicken, ribs, deviled eggs, potato salad, and cake/pies. :cool:

You guys can keep the salad/veggies :p

Reaction Score

View attachment 30746

Or why not support UConn Athletics and do a UConn baseball game at the new Dunkin Donuts Park?

Last edited:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I missed the poll:
I suppose my answer would be a mixed bag
When we're home in NY (like now) I suppose Stamford is closest

When we're In Vt (most of the BB season), we're coming down 91, so Hartford so Storrs is closest

But for the few weeks we're working on the boat, we're in lovely Westbrook...
You can find us there in a week or two and at some point in the fall.

MSF

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It’s sounding like people are preferring a picnic over a happy hour type meeting? It would have to be pot luck because I’m not cooking. Where to meet? Meriden, Southington area?

Re: the baseball game - it’s a nice idea but I was hoping folks could mingle a bit. Wadsworth Falls - we used to take our kids there when they were little. We called it the mud hole since the State regularly closed it due to bacterial issues with the water. And when it’s open, bus loads of summer campers are brought in. I was thinking someplace quieter - and which allows alcohol.

Mixville Park in Cheshire would work. There’s even a pond and play area for people with kids. Any other thoughts? I’m willing to pay any fees.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
It’s sounding like people are preferring a picnic over a happy hour type meeting? It would have to be pot luck because I’m not cooking. Where to meet? Meriden, Southington area?

Re: the baseball game - it’s a nice idea but I was hoping folks could mingle a bit. Wadsworth Falls - we used to take our kids there when they were little. We called it the mud hole since the State regularly closed it due to bacterial issues with the water. And when it’s open, bus loads of summer campers are brought in. I was thinking someplace quieter - and which allows alcohol.

Mixville Park in Cheshire would work. There’s even a pond and play area for people with kids. Any other thoughts? I’m willing to pay any fees.

You could rent the pavilion in Churchill Park in Newington - pretty reasonable and they allow "adult beverages", there are grills, pool, restrooms, etc. Contact Newington Park & Rec for a res, if you are interested.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
OK, we'll worry about where later - when is it good for people to get together? I'm sort of booked for the next 4-6 weeks. Should we look at a August or September date?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom