The Really, Really New Kasongo Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Really, Really New Kasongo Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Is this the kookiest recruiting saga we've ever witnessed at UConn? What would be our top 5? Curly one would be up there. Maybe Ike Diogu. There was that guard Russell (?) Robinson that we thought was all but locked up and was just going to take his KU visit to have something to compare his UConn one to, then returned a Jay Hawk.

I'm sure I'm missing some doozies.

You know what would be funny? If in KO's office three weeks ago there was a meeting and it went something like this:

KO: Okay, how do we stand on the kids we're in touch with?
Hobbs: Well, as you know we lost out on Malik and Terry.
KO: Am I calling any big guys this week?
Rickety: Well, there's a kid stashed in Arizona you might like. He goes to a basketball school...
KO: NOT. Next...
Rickety: His name is Ray Kasongo...
KO: Huh? (laughing) WANGO KASONGO!!!
Group: Laughs...
Free: Okay, we're moving on?
KO: Yeah, how are we with Dev Man?

Reaction Score
Is this the kookiest recruiting saga we've ever witnessed at UConn? What would be our top 5? Curly one would be up there. Maybe Ike Diogu. There was that guard Russell (?) Robinson that we thought was all but locked up and was just going to take his KU visit to have something to compare his UConn one to, then returned a Jay Hawk.

I'm sure I'm missing some doozies.

Lamar Odom's recruiting was bizarre b/c he was on the verge of committing to us, then to UNLV, then he was supposed to be at T-More, then to Aquinas in New Britain, then to Redemption Christian, then after tons of SAT shenanigans he ends up at Rhody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom