The Real Measure of Purvis's Character | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Real Measure of Purvis's Character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Of course
After one of our own told Tremont Waters to kiss [the poster's] proverbial ass, and others contemplate the likelihood of our current team winning out, I feel I need to clarify half the things I read on this forum these days

Last edited:

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
After one of our own told Tremont Waters to kiss [the poster's] proverbial ass, and others contemplate the likelihood of our current team winning out, I feel I need to clarify half the things I read on this forum these days

Please dont waste our time and bandwidth, we don't need your clarifications.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The joke

Your head
Hmmm, I must have missed clicking on a thread about Rodney Purvis' relationship with a struggling kid and seeing your lengthy drivel about pronouns as being a joke. Very nice though, super clever.

Reaction Score
Wow thank you for the story. What a great kid Rodney is and I hope this young man finds his way through life, a tragic story for a young kid and his family.

Reaction Score
We met the team in Orlando last week and Rodney was probably the most accomodating Husky to my boys on two different occasions, took pictures, autographed their basketball.

Also, I was amazed that Amida Brimah went out of his way to get off the bus to sign for my kids! He's always been great to us, the other times we met him.

Most all the Huskies were great to my kids (all under age 10). The Danimal blew us off but it's ok, just one day, could have been having a rough day.

Reaction Score
Haha. You went to Google grammar school. I've been a professional journalists for 25 years. We use AP style. Here's the rule:
AP Style Guidelines: SINGULAR PROPER NAMES ENDING IN S: Use only an apostrophe: Achilles’ heel, Agnes’ book, Ceres’ rites, Descartes’ theories, Dickens’ novels, Euripides’ dramas, Hercules’ labors, Jesus’ life, Jules’ seat, Kansas’ schools, Moses’ law, Socrates’ life, Tennessee Williams’ plays, Xerxes’ armies

And ok. I have no idea how I came up with the "proper pronoun" bit. I meant proper names. I think it was the beyonce effect. Anyway, I'm sorry this is about grammar. I really do like Rodney.
That's what I was taught 0ver 60 years ago ,I still have the ruler scars on my knuckles as a reminder that I screwed up.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

Great stuff!!

LOVE this:

Once Purvis learned of Conor’s injuries, he made an offer to Patty — get Conor well enough to come to a game and he’d be welcomed as the guard’s personal guest. Last week, Conor’s doctors finally gave him the green light. When he heard the news, Purvis responded: “How about this Sunday?”

When UConn took the floor against East Carolina, Conor was in a floor seat with his family surrounding him. Purvis had turned over his portion of tickets reserved for family. Short one, Omar Calhoun joined in, supplying a ticket of his own.

And so Conor sat in the second row and watched the team he loves play the game he loves. When the final buzzer sounded, he was reunited with his new friend. “Rodney said ‘I’m going to run right over to him after the game,’ and I said ‘you won’t miss him. He’ll be the kid with the biggest smile on his face,’” said Patty. “And he did, he ran right over.”

Reaction Score
Imagine if he commited here from the beginning over nc state? dare I say, kid bleeds blue more than any player I could I remember. #ollieeffect

Reaction Score
Great stuff!!

LOVE this:

Once Purvis learned of Conor’s injuries, he made an offer to Patty — get Conor well enough to come to a game and he’d be welcomed as the guard’s personal guest. Last week, Conor’s doctors finally gave him the green light. When he heard the news, Purvis responded: “How about this Sunday?”

When UConn took the floor against East Carolina, Conor was in a floor seat with his family surrounding him. Purvis had turned over his portion of tickets reserved for family. Short one, Omar Calhoun joined in, supplying a ticket of his own.

And so Conor sat in the second row and watched the team he loves play the game he loves. When the final buzzer sounded, he was reunited with his new friend. “Rodney said ‘I’m going to run right over to him after the game,’ and I said ‘you won’t miss him. He’ll be the kid with the biggest smile on his face,’” said Patty. “And he did, he ran right over.”

Omar with the assist!

Great, great read. This team's got kids with a ton of heart.

Reaction Score
Had no idea Rodney was such a good kind hearted kid. I like a lot of you just love having him as a Husky. I hope he's got some memorable moments ahead for us though too, would be nice to have those lasting images of him celebrating... maybe in April

Reaction Score
Funny.....when he transferred, NCS fans said it was because he was selfish and just wanted the ball more. ;)

I've seen NCSU fans speak very highly of Rodney and many wish he was still with their program. I think people definitely had some issues with his play but it's pretty standard that Rodney is an awesome person to have on your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom