The Rankings: I Give Up | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Rankings: I Give Up

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I dont mind Temple as much. They did beat Depaul.... but on the other hand they did lose to Hampton.

If Duke can lose to Vandy and still be in the top [whatever-you-think-they-should-be-ranked], surely Temple can lose to Hampton and still crack the top 25.

Reaction Score
My instincts were right on about Maryland being overrated. They will not even make it past the sweet16. Thats what happens when you schedule all cupcakes and play in a weak conference.

Reaction Score
My instincts were right on about Maryland being overrated. They will not even make it past the sweet16. Thats what happens when you schedule all cupcakes and play in a weak conference.

But they really stuck it to UConn this year. They looked like a formidable team to us!

Reaction Score
But they really stuck it to UConn this year. They looked like a formidable team to us!
You mean a sick uconn team. I for one hope Maryland is in uconns bracket because i want to see them get pounded and hear brenda's excuse on why. They will never be a good team until they start playing better teams.

Reaction Score
IMHO The SEC is the most over-ranked in the country!
Even the best have limited offenses and usually play a sloppy brand of BB!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
The OU win over UT and UT's win over FSU says a lot about the top of the Big 12. OU is playing some good ball right now and they should be at least. 4 seed in the NCAA tourney. I hope UT does t drop after a close game against BU. I think they are a top 5 team.

Reaction Score
And they don't play effective defense (at least last night).

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Looks like a realistic prediction. If I was Texas, I would be screaming to the top of my lungs. Texas will probably play Baylor one more time in the Big 12 tournament. I would flip flop Texas and South Carolina.

I would really hate to play Texas a fourth time, assuming that both Baylor and Texas get to the Big 12 final. It would be interesting to know if they would prefer to play Baylor in OKC or Notre Dame farther from home.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Mississippi State; I've seen them 3x this year and they just don't look like a #3 overall team, or a #1 tournament seeding.
Why always with the double post..double post??

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I think Fuller needed to tinker with that a bit, as he only used the S-curve and ignored other important rules. For example, you need to move teams seeded 1-4 from the same conference in different regions if possible, but he has Mississippi St. (1) and Kentucky (4) in the same region, Baylor (1) and Texas (2) together, Duke (3) and Louisville (4) together, and Washington and UCLA together. As the ACC and PAC12 only have 4 teams in the top 16, they can be placed in different regions, and the same goes for the other conferences with multiple bids (B12 3, SEC 3).

Reaction Score
I think Fuller needed to tinker with that a bit, as he only used the S-curve and ignored other important rules. For example, you need to move teams seeded 1-4 from the same conference in different regions if possible, but he has Mississippi St. (1) and Kentucky (4) in the same region, Baylor (1) and Texas (2) together, Duke (3) and Louisville (4) together, and Washington and UCLA together. As the ACC and PAC12 only have 4 teams in the top 16, they can be placed in different regions, and the same goes for the other conferences with multiple bids (B12 3, SEC 3).

I just want Baylor, Maryland, Notre Dame and Florida Stateas far away as possible from UConn's bracket!!!!:D

Plebe

Reaction Score

I think it's remotely possible that they were given too much credit for going down 19 in the second half and then, in desperation, nailing a bunch of NBA 3s.

Reaction Score
Mississippi State; I've seen them 3x this year and they just don't look like a #3 overall team, or a #1 tournament seeding.
MissState looked weaker early in the year, beating some unranked teams by narrow margins, and being gifted a game by Iowa State, who coughed up an 11-point lead in the last minutes and then flat-lined in overtime. But the second half of their season has been stronger, and their confidence must be very high. And yes, they deserved a win over SC, but key calls went against them. Their last two games, away to Kentucky and home against Tenn, should be interesting.

Reaction Score
I think it's remotely possible that they were given too much credit for going down 19 in the second half and then, in desperation, nailing a bunch of NBA 3s.
This seems to happen to UConn often! Look at the banked 3-pointer at the end of the Tulane game. I recall important wins against ND and Stanford in NCAA tournaments that appeared closer in the final score only because of desperation threes hurled up in wild fashion and somehow finding the basket. I don't need the stress induced by those dumb-luck shots!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
And they don't play effective defense (at least last night).

Maryland is not know for its defensive skills. Any form of motion offense that is executed fairly well and Maryland is lost. tOSU showed that last night when they actually ran some offense.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Btw, that would be the Wake Forest team that easily dispatched #15 NC State on the road in the next game. This is not totally tongue-in-cheek.

Like I always say... When the Baptists and the Methodists meet up on Tobacco Road.. You can throw out the record books. :mad:

Duke rolled into Winston-Salem last season and came out with a upset loss. They are good for one upset a year.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I would really hate to play Texas a fourth time, assuming that both Baylor and Texas get to the Big 12 final. It would be interesting to know if they would prefer to play Baylor in OKC or Notre Dame farther from home.

From the NCAA's bracketing principles: "Each of the first four teams selected from a conference shall be placed in different regions if they are seeded on the first four lines." Baylor and Texas won't play each other in the NCAA tournament before the Final Four. I like Jim Fuller but he should leave the bracketology to others.

Reaction Score
As the rankings merry-go-round goes around, last night Kansas State defeated #20 Oklahoma. So K-State might be back in the rankings next Monday. Oh, and South Florida won, so don't count them out for a reappearance.

IMHO, putting Drake (AP Poll) and Creighton (Coaches) in the rankings is nuts. They're just there because they haven't played anyone tough.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom