The Randy Man can't! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Randy Man can't!

Reaction Score
Baylock is responsible for former player outreach so Noel Thomas Jr not being allowed on the field or in the locker room needs to be addressed.

Reaction Score
In the Miami Alabama game the announcers were mentioning UConn for some reason that I missed and mentioned Holy Cross beating us today. Sean McDonough said ' I have been saying that Bob Chesney is a rising star for a couple years now". I suppose we could do worse. Edsall has to be done. This reminds me of Dom Perno level of frustration for our basketball program back in the 80's. Just no reason for hope with the present staff.
Just hire Chesney when the season is over.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
John Feinstein wrote that toward the end of Edsall's tenure at Maryland.

Time to face facts. UConn needs to move on from him. Its beyond pathetic at this point. Even the Diaco era didn't have results this disastrous. And these are all his players now.

It hasn't worked at all, but I don't know who you can get. Any retread will pull a PP and any up an coming coach won't what to end their career to come here.

Other than maybe Joe Morehead, I got nothing.

Randy's job was to make this job respectable enough so that we could attract his eventual replacement. I feel like we are stuck.

Reaction Score
It hasn't worked at all, but I don't know who you can get. Any retread will pull a PP and any up an coming coach won't what to end their career to come here.

Other than maybe Joe Morehead, I got nothing.

Randy's job was to make this job respectable enough so that we could attract his eventual replacement. I feel like we are stuck.
Randy came here, collected a cool million a year, got his son a paid internship, and was smug as ever. There are coaches all over the place that would come here for a million. Look at FCS or anywhere. Just not another retread Like P or Edsall or a "defense wins football games" guy. Go out and get a guy who understands that all rule changes the last 20 years in FB are to benefit offense because offense and TDs are sexy.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I agree but we know how shortsighted this university can be
Then let's be hyper short-sighted...they won't have to pay Edsall the rest of the season.

Reaction Score
Then let's be hyper short-sighted...they won't have to pay Edsall the rest of the season.
Is that true? I was wondering but I doubt it. I would imagine he has a contract for the year.

Reaction Score
I'd normally be excited about a coaching change. But there's no evidence anyone in Storrs is serious about any sport other than men's and women's basketball. The last 3 coaching searches in football were underwhelming. If this one isn't any different I see no reason to continue the charade.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
Is that true? I was wondering but I doubt it. I would imagine he has a contract for the year.
I was assuming so...if not its not a $0 buyout like we have all been told.

Reaction Score
I would imagine he has a contract for the year.
He does… “Edsall’s two-year extension puts him under contract through Dec. 31, 2023 with compensation valued at $1.256 million during the 2021 season.”

Reaction Score
I was assuming so...if not its not a $0 buyout like we have all been told.
that's not how it works. When you have a contract and the fiscal year begins, you pay the person for that year. It's a "$0 buyout" because we don't have to pay him to go away at the end of the contract year.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
He does… “Edsall’s two-year extension puts him under contract through Dec. 31, 2023 with compensation valued at $1.256 million during the 2021 season.”
We were told $0 buyout. So either we can fire him now for $0 or we have been lied to and his buyout is about $3m. If Edsall has any buyout, this while administration needs to be thrown out, top to bottom.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
that's not how it works. When you have a contract and the fiscal year begins, you pay the person for that year. It's a "$0 buyout" because we don't have to pay him to go away at the end of the contract year.
If that is what the school means by a $0 buyout I want everyone's head on a pike. There was ZERO reason to give Edsall any security. We were the only school dumb enough to even consider employing him 5 years ago, let alone now. And he and the staff straight up robbed us last year.

Reaction Score
We don't have to pay anyone at the end of their contract. If that is what the school means by a $0 buyout I want everyone's head on a pike. There was ZERO reason to give Edsall any security. We were the only school dumb enough to even consider employing him 5 years ago, let alone now.
I don't think you're understanding or I didn't explain it well.

If we fire him tomorrow he still gets this years salary. But we don't have to pay the future years balance of the contract.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score

If we fire him tomorrow he still gets this years salary. But we don't have to pay the future years balance of the contract.
I caught that and corrected. It still makes zero sense to do that. What is his leverage? This school just passes money away on so many fronts.

Reaction Score
I caught that and corrected. It still makes zero sense to do that. What is his leverage? This school just passes money away on so many fronts.
I'm basing this on standard contract work and how it seems to go at most schools. I don't actually know but this is my most educated guess. Someone here probably knows more. I'm just operating by what we've been told about a $0 buyout.

Reaction Score
I find it ironic that Randy's job is in the hands of Krajewski. Probably our 1 and only chance to salvage the season and his backside. If Steven Krajewski does well the team could theoretically rally around him. Other than that we're screwed.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
For a few good reasons I can’t get too worked up about football in the grand scheme of things.

Reaction Score

And there is no lump sum above and beyond. But I question the zero buyout. When there is an extension isn't a buyout term common? The buyout under the original contract is zero by now, but under the extension too? Do we know that for certain?

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
And there is no lump sum above and beyond. But I question the zero buyout. When there is an extension isn't a buyout term common? The buyout under the original contract is zero by now, but under the extension too? Do we know that for certain?
I cannot emphasize enough that if after his results Edsall both got an extension and ANY amount of a buyout I want a compete housekeeping of the school administration. It would show definitely they have no idea how to evaluate talent, the market or negotiate, and worse would show they are recklessly cavalier with the money they beg us to give them.

Someone needs to ask Benedict now what the buyout is.

Reaction Score
Just hire Chesney when the season is over.
I say that on the basis of one online interview. He was clear, concise, analytical, respectful, and uttered not a single worn out football catch prhase.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom