The ramblings of expansion junkies for when mountaineers and a well dressed jedi master on twitter a | The Boneyard

The ramblings of expansion junkies for when mountaineers and a well dressed jedi master on twitter a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The ramblings of expansion junkies for when mountaineers and a well dressed jedi master on twitter are not enough.

Expansion Rumors @ExpansionRumors
Officially unofficial. I claim no sources. Passing along information as I get it. Rumors are 100% fluid and change without warning.
· ExpansionRumors.com

Expansion Rumors@ExpansionRumors 20h
@OmegaSupreme914 @pfac51 @Iamgrizzly1974 MD before Mizzou avoided ACC GOR and let Tigers sit in SEC while B1G determines school 16. Sneaky.

Omega Supreme@OmegaSupreme914 20h
@ExpansionRumors crafty

Chris A. Curtis@Iamgrizzly1974 20h
@OmegaSupreme914 @ExpansionRumors Delany is patient isn't he? He may have a solid plan huh?

@OmegaSupreme914 @ExpansionRumors Is this why ND has an out by 2016 with the ACC?

Expansion Rumors@ExpansionRumors 7h
@Iamgrizzly1974 @OmegaSupreme914 @pfac51 Decided to go all in on conspiracy. That's what I doooo. http://Post original url/16iuNr8

Dan Miller@AgentDMiller 20 Aug
@ExpansionRumors would B1G rather add Kansas and UVA to get to 16? Where do you see B1G going...becasue they are going and probably first.

Expansion Rumors@ExpansionRumors 20 Aug
@AgentDMiller Mizzou and probably Virginia. UConn, Kansas, Texas, Okla, and a few others with outside shot depending on circumstances.

@ExpansionRumors I cant imagine TU OU or Uconn in B1G as I see it UVA Kansas Mizzou(if they want out of SEC) & I think they do. maybe UNC.

Dan Miller@AgentDMiller 6h
@scoJAYHAWK @ExpansionRumors while I like the idea of adding both KU and mizzou---doesn't B1G prefer to add 1 more team from the east?

Expansion Rumors@ExpansionRumors 6h
@AgentDMiller @scoJAYHAWK I think they are currently looking East, specifically at Virginia.

Cole@scoJAYHAWK 6h
@AgentDMiller @ExpansionRumors Is the GOR a big hurdle for Kansas??

Expansion Rumors@ExpansionRumors 5h
.@scoJAYHAWK @AgentDMiller B12 GOR doesn't say that a school couldn't be bought out. It's all negotiable. Everything has a price.

Dan Miller@AgentDMiller 5h
@ExpansionRumors @scoJAYHAWK KU will stay in completely revamped Big12...UVA & Mizzou will be announced as B1G members by Thanksgiving 2014

Reaction Score
The ramblings of expansion junkies for when mountaineers and a well dressed jedi master on twitter are not enough.

Expansion Rumors @ExpansionRumors
Officially unofficial. I claim no sources. Passing along information as I get it. Rumors are 100% fluid and change without warning.
· ExpansionRumors.com

Expansion Rumors@ExpansionRumors 20h
@OmegaSupreme914 @pfac51 @Iamgrizzly1974 MD before Mizzou avoided ACC GOR and let Tigers sit in SEC while B1G determines school 16. Sneaky.

Omega Supreme@OmegaSupreme914 20h
@ExpansionRumors crafty

@OmegaSupreme914 @ExpansionRumors Delany is patient isn't he? He may have a solid plan huh?

@OmegaSupreme914 @ExpansionRumors Is this why ND has an out by 2016 with the ACC?

Expansion Rumors@ExpansionRumors 7h
@Iamgrizzly1974 @OmegaSupreme914 @pfac51 Decided to go all in on conspiracy. That's what I doooo. http://Post original url/16iuNr8

@ExpansionRumors would B1G rather add Kansas and UVA to get to 16? Where do you see B1G going...becasue they are going and probably first.

Expansion Rumors@ExpansionRumors 20 Aug
@AgentDMiller Mizzou and probably Virginia. UConn, Kansas, Texas, Okla, and a few others with outside shot depending on circumstances.

@ExpansionRumors I cant imagine TU OU or Uconn in B1G as I see it UVA Kansas Mizzou(if they want out of SEC) & I think they do. maybe UNC.

Dan Miller@AgentDMiller 6h
@scoJAYHAWK @ExpansionRumors while I like the idea of adding both KU and mizzou---doesn't B1G prefer to add 1 more team from the east?

Expansion Rumors@ExpansionRumors 6h
@AgentDMiller @scoJAYHAWK I think they are currently looking East, specifically at Virginia.

Cole@scoJAYHAWK 6h
@AgentDMiller @ExpansionRumors Is the GOR a big hurdle for Kansas??

Expansion Rumors@ExpansionRumors 5h
.@scoJAYHAWK @AgentDMiller B12 GOR doesn't say that a school couldn't be bought out. It's all negotiable. Everything has a price.

Dan Miller@AgentDMiller 5h
@ExpansionRumors @scoJAYHAWK KU will stay in completely revamped Big12...UVA & Mizzou will be announced as B1G members by Thanksgiving 2014
how does UVA get out of long term GOR ???
why would Mizzou leave the SEC ??

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
how does UVA get out of long term GOR ???
why would Mizzou leave the SEC ??

Question #1 - It's not a matter of being able to get out of it, but how much it would cost them to do so. Would it be worth it?

Question #2 - Missouri not fitting in the SEC? Getting stomped? It's all bunk.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Skeptical of any VA and UNC to B1G rumors. Both had a free opportunity to leave and unless they are so unhappy with the new deals (TV, BCS and/or D4) I doubt they will change their minds with the ACC in a much stronger position.

Only losing FSU would tilt the board. I don't see that happening unless the B12 wants them and I don't think FSU is interested in the B12.

My money for the B1G is Nothing, UCONN and Kansas or UConn and VT, in that order.

Reaction Score
Skeptical of any VA and UNC to B1G rumors. Both had a free opportunity to leave and unless they are so unhappy with the new deals (TV, BCS and/or D4) I doubt they will change their minds with the ACC in a much stronger position.

Only losing FSU would tilt the board. I don't see that happening unless the B12 wants them and I don't think FSU is interested in the B12.

My money for the B1G is Nothing, UCONN and Kansas or UConn and VT, in that order.

ACC schools are not leaving for the B1G, and anyone who says so has lost his mind.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The truth of the matter is that none of the power conference teams are in a bad place right now and that will keep everyone put for the next five to ten years. The networks are not looking to write anyone a bigger check for expanding either.

Perhaps the Big 12 expands to 12 or 14 and the smaller conferences will continue to put themselves together, but for our purposes, I think we're bottled-up for a while.

Reaction Score
ACC schools are not leaving for the B1G, and anyone who says so has lost his mind.
That might be true who knows.
Lets try to use some logic l.
No one is leaving The ACC ie GOR

No one is leaving the Big 12 same reason.

Missouri could leave the SEC but why would they and does the B1G settle on them after the original snub?
The is no other 16 available plus,we don't seem to be high on their radar. We would be a settle on team to help compete in the NY market. Made palatable if paired with a historic football school.
If the ACC ever thought we were,their conference president would hand deliver an invite. They might not want us but they don't want the B1G to get us.
The Big 12 goes to 16 and take us along with Cinn and 2 others
to have their own eastern strategy.
The final is we are part of a new conference or scheduling consortium filling out the new NCAA Division.
The AAC as a football conference will cease to exist.
The question for us is what happens to BB and Olympic sports?
The power 5 are not leaving the NCAA in basketball unless they are forced to.
Two things enhance are chances exponentially :
1. UCONN basketball is perceived to have weathered a coaching change. A 4th NC will be 1st prize
2. UConn football is perceived to have weathered the storm
and has 8,9,10 win seasons
CR may not be about basketball but football percecption will be enhanced by basketball success.

Reaction Score
If the B12 decided to go to 14 I have to believe they would give serious consideration to UCONN, their basketball production could use an upgrade.

Reaction Score
Question #1 - It's not a matter of being able to get out of it, but how much it would cost them to do so. Would it be worth it?

Question #2 - Missouri not fitting in the SEC? Getting stomped? It's all bunk.
mr pooper the answers are a resounding NO and NO, I can't believe you actually tried to answer them

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The truth of the matter is that none of the power conference teams are in a bad place right now and that will keep everyone put for the next five to ten years. The networks are not looking to write anyone a bigger check for expanding either.

Perhaps the Big 12 expands to 12 or 14 and the smaller conferences will continue to put themselves together, but for our purposes, I think we're bottled-up for a while.

Fishy Certifiably Delightful?

Well, certifiable at any rate.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member