The Program's Turning Point | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The Program's Turning Point

Reaction Score
That class did end up being a huge loss. Imagine how different things might have been if all stayed or weren't injured. I disagree with Vital as an "overrated role player".
Vital as a 3 star recruit and at the time considered an inconsequential add on to the class ended up being a solid D1 basketball player. He isn't perfect, and ideally you wouldn't have him be your starting 2 on a great team, but he is always around the ball, scores, rebounds, gets steals and gives effort.
You can tell he wants to win. He makes mistakes, questionable decisions and lets his attitude get ahead of his talent sometimes but at least he tries hard every game. I don't understand why people hate on him. I don't think he deserves it. I just think he tries too hard because he doesn't think he has a choice.

Kid works hard, no knock on his effort, but he can't be your first or second best player if you want to be a top 25 team.

He's simply not a pure basketball player and plays at one speed. This is what I mean by overrated.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
And Heron ended up at Auburn. This ain't rocket science, people.

Obligatory I can't stand when people blame cheating when recruits don't choose UConn post.

Reaction Score
Obligatory I can't stand when people blame cheating when recruits don't choose UConn post.
While I somewhat agree with that, facts are facts based on the Chuck Person trial. Is it reasonable to assume Auburn paid recruits? Are you disputing that? You have to be naive to think they weren't.

Parents of Auburn basketball players Austin Wiley and Danjel Purifoy allegedly accepted money in this case, and both players were ineligible last season as a result.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
While I somewhat agree with that, facts are facts based on the Chuck Person trial. Is it reasonable to assume Auburn paid recruits? Are you disputing that? You have to be naive to think they weren't.

Parents of Auburn basketball players Austin Wiley and Danjel Purifoy allegedly accepted money in this case, and both players were ineligible last season as a result.

Hoop you missed my sarcasm. I'm agreeing with your OP. People always come in with that quote and I think it's incredibly naive. They think we are being bitter.

Yet I can fire off at least 5 really good guys without thinking that we lost directly to money in the last few years.

In today's day and age, money is a very important factor in the recruiting game (to pretend otherwise is to have your head buried 10 feet under). Which is why developing players you do get is doubly important.

SubInATub

I have midnight visits
Reaction Score
Get these Ollie boys outta here. Hate to see some go, love to see others leave.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom