The power of Nika’s brand | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The power of Nika’s brand

Reaction Score
I'm not surprised at all at her popularity. She is just a great young woman. After the Vermont NCAA game, the team came out to sit and watch in seats during the second game in a special section that was marked off. They were about 5 rows off the floor in a corner in back of the basket. A little girl at the top of the section on the concourse had a Nika poster and called down to her. She turned around and saw it and walked up the entire flight of stairs by herself to sign the poster and take photos with her. That little kid was all smiles and tears she was so happy. My wife, sister-in-law and I were blown away by the gesture. Nika is very special. She has a big summer ahead of her and I can't wait to see her next season.

Reaction Score
It's telling to see four of the top ten earners on the female side are Huskies, three of which are international students who only recently (February, I believe) were able to join in NIL earning. That Nika was third overall, female or male, following Angel Reese (women's championship MVP) and Zach Edey (this season's unanimous NCAA men's MVP) coupled with the fact she doesn't have a huge social media presence says volumes about what a special player and person she is!

It's, evidently, not any longer just the Uconn fan base that now appreciate Nika's passionate play. The exciting thing is that next year, with a fully loaded roster featuring generational running mates Paige and Azzi alongside her in the backcourt, AA, Aaliyah Edwards up front and exceptionally talented depth throughout, after a year of controlled restraint (as she needed to be on the floor a record setting number of minutes) - Nika should be freed up to fully exhibit the fiery player she can be for her team!

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
The thing that amazes me is that Grace Berger, who seldom says a word, is top ten. She does all her talking on the court, and I'm happy to see that people appreciate what she does on the court.

Reaction Score
Just imagine if Nika and Paige can replicate in their senior season, the dual 200+ assist season Bird and Taurasi had in 2001-02! With 200 more assists Nika would sit in 4th place in Uconn wcbb career assists ( 4 behind Rizzoti for third and 26 behind Jefferson at 1st) - 109 assists next season would land her in 10th and 167 would put her at 5th on the career assist leaders list. Last season she bested Sue's 21 year old record by 23%. Of the eight times a Uconn wcbb player has had 13 or more assists in a game Nika has been that player 4 times, no one else has done it more than once. She also set the marks for most consecutive double figure assist games in a season as well as most double figure assist games in a season. Not bad for a kid that some on here have consistently under valued both in expectations and in recognition. I can't wait to see the back court trio of Paige, Azzi and Nika kick some butt next season! God willing, the injury plague is behind us and the new era of Uconn wcbb bering 'bad for basketball' will be dawning.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Nika WILL get her homecoming game this summer after all.

European trip:
The Huskies will go abroad in August. The trip, which is scheduled for Aug. 14-25, will include a homecoming for senior point guard Nika Mühl in Croatia along with stops in Slovenia and Geno Auriemma's native Italy. UConn is expected to play games throughout the trip, but opponents and dates have yet to be announced. :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom