The Poor Shooting | The Boneyard

The Poor Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
It was tuff to watch UConn miss so many wide open shots. So whats wrong with the shooting. Looking at last nights box score Kelly MJ and Lauren were 0-13. The rest of the team not bad at 50% , but againest FDU I would think UConn would be over 55%.

Layups:

Shooting to quickly and rushing shots under the basket.

Outside Shots:

KML and Caroline missed on line off the front of the rim or back rim. That will come around.

3 Point Shots:

Perhaps its the 3 pt line being moved back. Bria and KML are good 3 pts shooters. Everybody else for now should look shots inside the 3 pt line to begin with and as the game progresses move back.

Foul shooting:

There is no excuse for. Watching the misses there seems to be to many moving parts and no flow to the shot. Shooting the ball too quickly.

A few things to consider from last night. The starters sat alot and everybody else played alot. We can do that againest teams with less talent then us and it helps develop the non starters. I kinda look at these games as player development games. I also think Geno may have been a little angry at the effort and put the non starters in.

Againest Stanford who is much taller then UConn yes we did shoot poorly however Bria and KML didnt. Why IMO it was because Stef was drawing all the attention and I think it will continue to be that way as long as Stef continues to shoot the ball well. One thing about Stef if you leave her open, she will get alot of easy shots and if shes fouled she makes her foul shots. So as long as UConn continues to shoot poorly defenses will continue to double Stef.... with that said they dont have enough defenders to double Bria and KML too. When Kelly and Tiff start hitting shots defenses will have a problem of who to double.

The best thing about seeing UConn miss so many shots, is you know at some point the law of averages come into play and they will start knocking them down. Uconn is to good of a shooting team to miss so many open shots. Somebody mentioned Kelly hasnt scored in 2 games. Aint that great. Just think how many points she gonna score when she gets it going. What ever it is thats causing UConn to miss so many shots theyve just go to work their way out of it, and they will. So far our defense has been winning games for us. When the offense gets going its going to be Unbelievable.

Reaction Score
I'm not worried about our shots not falling. The percentages will right themselves, they always do. Free throws will get better, they always do. If you have followed UCONN for the last 15 to 20 years you will know what I'm saying. This is the deepest talented team we have had in years, for 4 games in we are so much farther along than we could have ever hoped.

Reaction Score
The best thing about seeing UConn miss so many shots, is you know at some point the law of averages come into play and they will start knocking them down. Uconn is to good of a shooting team to miss so many open shots. Somebody mentioned Kelly hasnt scored in 2 games. Aint that great. Just think how many points she gonna score when she gets it going. What ever it is thats causing UConn to miss so many shots theyve just go to work their way out of it, and they will. So far our defense has been winning games for us. When the offense gets going its going to be Unbelievable.
And what if they are at those averages already? Do you think Kelly's less than 20% career 3 pt average is going to suddenly pop up to 35%?

Reaction Score
Kelly does not have to be a scorer for UCONN to be successful. The points in last nights game were more evenly distributed than any game I can remember. It was our 4th game for the season, they are shooting very well in practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom