The PKI Trophy | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The PKI Trophy

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Worst trophy of all time...
Mmm, we’ll maybe the second worst…
3E80B5AF-FC24-40A2-83C4-3F3A775F59F6.jpeg

Reaction Score
I think it's pretty nice. Understated and clean. Won't take away from the large number of National Championship trophies we have to display as well
Agreed. On closer examination, it indicates that the most important ornament in the trophy is Phil Knight's signature on a piece of wood to suggest renewable resource commitment. While overconsumption of wood does not help Climate Change, this one is a very small piece, hence the rationale for using it? I am not sure whether it is a PR move to improve their image as an environmentally sensitive company.

I am tempted to raise my eyebrow re: what this choice might mean.....

For what it represents, by all means, add it to the trophy displays.....which goes well beyond the 11 NCs:......regular season conference championships, conference tournament championships and in-season tournament championships before this one.

Reaction Score
All the kids got a copy of Shoe Dog
It’s honestly an incredible book — probably one of the best business biographies I’ve ever read. The kids would do well to read it.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
What difference does it make what a damned trophy looks like? It's knowing that you finished #1 that counts. Many of my soccer clubs won prestigious tournaments throughout the USA and some of those trophies were no better than the participation awards that kids receive these days. UConn will always be the champion of their division of the PK 2022

Reaction Score
What difference does it make what a damned trophy looks like? It's knowing that you finished #1 that counts. Many of my soccer clubs won prestigious tournaments throughout the USA and some of those trophies were no better than the participation awards that kids receive these days. UConn will always be the champion of their division of the PK 2022
Your wrong. Trophy aesthetics are EVERYTHING!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom