The PKI Trophy | The Boneyard

The PKI Trophy

Reaction Score
Yeah, I get it. It's wood. There is wood in Oregon. But it looks like something I made in sophomore shop class. C'mon man, NIKE is one of the richest companies in the world. Phil Knight is one of the richest dudes in America. We just bested an elite field made up of some of the top programs in college basketball. And they give us a trophy that looks like it was made with a leftover 2 X 8 from the backyard deck.

Ain't giving it back. Glad to have it. An impressive piece of hardware it is NOT. Great tournament, spend a couple bucks. Use wood if you want. I'm sure Phil and NIKE can do better.

317071146_457913336501058_5191599899274905699_n.jpg

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
It'd be cool if it was made from a piece of the court

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah, I get it. It's wood. There is wood in Oregon. But it looks like something I made in sophomore shop class. C'mon man, NIKE is one of the richest companies in the world. Phil Knight is one of the richest dudes in America. We just bested an elite field made up of some of the top programs in college basketball. And they give us a trophy that looks like it was made with a leftover 2 X 8 from the backyard deck.

Ain't giving it back. Glad to have it. An impressive piece of hardware it is NOT. Great tournament, spend a couple bucks. Use wood if you want. I'm sure Phil and NIKE can do better.

View attachment 81226
Well it's not the Civil Conflict trophy, but it will probably fit on a bookshelf.

Reaction Score
When's the last time UConn won a pre-season tourney like this? I don't remember them winning one since Maui in 2011, but that may be because it's been a pretty bad near decade (minus, of course, the glorious title).

Reaction Score

View attachment 81226
It looks like it should have a sneaker glued to the top of it.:)

Reaction Score
When's the last time UConn won a pre-season tourney like this? I don't remember them winning one since Maui in 2011, but that may be because it's been a pretty bad near decade (minus, of course, the glorious title).
During that glorious title year! In 2013, we won the then-2K Sports College Hoops Classic (now the Empire Classic, and ironic even then considering 2K hadn’t made a college basketball game since 2K8).

I heard during one of these broadcasts that 9 of the last 11 national champions won their early season tourney. We did in both 10-11 and 13-14. And now we did this year.

Reaction Score
2020-2021 we went 1-0 at the Legends Classic at Mohegan because our other games against Vandy and NC State were cancelled if you want to count that. But yes if we're talking traditional wins the last was 2013-2014.

Reaction Score

View attachment 81226
It looks a bit like a book. Was this whole tournament just a scam to sell the Phil Knight book?

Reaction Score
Looks like some kid’s wood shop project.

Our running club gave out nicer trophies to age-group winners at the Turkey Trot.
But the runners didn't get the swag the teams got.

Reaction Score
No matter what it was made with, it would still pale next to the four NC trophies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom