The Perfect Combination of Writer and Coach | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Perfect Combination of Writer and Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Literally everything about this program: coaching, offense, defense, special teams, recruiting, public perception, fanbase, ticket sales, revenues, etc, etc, is getting worse. And @sportsart thinks @whaler11 is just trying to get "likes"?

Really?

Reaction Score
To be fair, Tulane (the 119th offense in the country) looked pretty advanced and productive against our defense too.
That's being nice...they ran/threw at will.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That's being nice...they ran/threw at will.

Well they did come in with the second lowest completion percentage in FBS in the last decade.

So regression?

Reaction Score
Well they did come in with the second lowest completion percentage in FBS in the last decade.

So regression?
Nah...I actually thought they instituted their gameplay well against UConn...pretty much did what they wanted to do especially with the run. It went Ugly early and never looked up from there.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Nah...I actually thought they instituted their gameplay well against UConn...pretty much did what they wanted to do especially with the run. It went Ugly early and never looked up from there.

I left off 'to the mean' after regression. It was a joke.

They really came in completing like 43% of their passes and had a field day.

Is it bad when your safety has more than 20 tackles? Asking for a friend.

Reaction Score
I left off 'to the mean' after regression. It was a joke.

They really came in completing like 43% of their passes and had a field day.

Is it bad when your safety has more than 20 tackles? Asking for a friend.

LOL..yeah...it means that a RB is most likely getting past the LB's on pretty much every carry...which would mean to me an avg of around 5 yes per carry.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I like Matt and think he works hard to write about a program that is incredibly difficult to write about. Well, incredibly difficult to write positive things about. But I don't agree with him calling out fans for not supporting Diaco either. I wouldn't agree with anyone calling out the fans for not supporting Diaco. I understand the reason(s) for him doing it from a professional perspective, and I'd love to hear his candid "off the record" honest thoughts, but calling out the fans is misplaced. We need to call out the head coach.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I like Matt and think he works hard to write about a program that is incredibly difficult to write about. Well, incredibly difficult to write positive things about. But I don't agree with him calling out fans for not supporting Diaco either. I wouldn't agree with anyone calling out the fans for not supporting Diaco. I understand the reason(s) for him doing it from a professional perspective, and I'd love to hear his candid "off the record" honest thoughts, but calling out the fans is misplaced. We need to call out the head coach.

How dare you! You're not there at practice seeing the camaraderie and love after completing a 14 yard pass against blocking dummies and traffic cones!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Here's the thing - he's a fan running a fan site. It's not the New York Times.

I don't read any of the blogs, but all the folks running them seem to be good kids - if they're overly optimistic at times, so what? It's not a bad thing to have one corner of the universe where UConn football isn't considered a lost cause.

Reaction Score
I don't agree with a lot of Matt's views of the program and its progression but he's a fan creating content for the program and that's a good thing for us as a whole, no matter whether some of you think he's a mouthpiece. Newsflash: every major program has a mouthpiece. Not to mention attacking him on a personal level is nonsense.

Reaction Score
I believe that you can be a fan, and still provide honest coverage. He doesn't need to be Jeff Jacobs (contrarian) but if he's going to call diehard fans "dangerous" for questioning the coaches motivations, while defending 2-10, 6-7, and 3-9 then he shouldn't expect to treated better than how he treats others.

I agree with whaler's take. It seems like he is trading his self-respect for access. His choice, but I think it's embarrassing.

Reaction Score
Here's the thing - he's a fan running a fan site. It's not the New York Times.

I don't read any of the blogs, but all the folks running them seem to be good kids - if they're overly optimistic at times, so what? It's not a bad thing to have one corner of the universe where UConn football isn't considered a lost cause.
I know you read whatever nonsense I wrote. :p

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I love the irony of Art being upset about a 'personal attack' when every third post of his is attacking me.

I guess pointing out that he's as delusional as the coach is a personal attack. I must have missed when everyone comes running to the defense of other writers when they put together complete nonsense.

Reaction Score
Someone please remind me ... is this the same guy that tweeted the play clock in the stadium in Annapolis was expiring while the play clock on TV was showing 7 seconds?

Reaction Score
I love the irony of Art being upset about a 'personal attack' when every third post of his is attacking me.

I guess pointing out that he's as delusional as the coach is a personal attack. I must have missed when everyone comes running to the defense of other writers when they put together complete nonsense.

Sportsart is ok with personal attacks as long as he doesn't like the target. Very hypocritical.

Reaction Score
Help me understand why pointing out that shilling for this program isn't pathetic?

Try and make a coherent argument rather than just attacking me.

What don't you understand?

He is making his living - at least partially - in this role. And, if the Program was doing great, he would be doing far better. He is far more invested in this than you ... or I. Therefore, I hope and pray that WE turn into a Great Story so Matt makes huge dollars.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

He is making his living - at least partially - in this role. And, if the Program was doing great, he would be doing far better. He is far more invested in this than you ... or I. Therefore, I hope and pray that WE turn into a Great Story so Matt makes huge dollars.

So then why am I not allowed to mock him for being a pathetic shill?

Either he believes the nonsense he spews (scary) or he writes it knowing it isn't true (pathetic).

Take your pick.

Reaction Score

Are we only allowed to knock guys that you and sportsart don't like?

Reaction Score
So then why am I not allowed to mock him for being a pathetic shill?

Either he believes the nonsense he spews (scary) or he writes it knowing it isn't true (pathetic).

Take your pick.
Because you choose to knock him personally and attack him personally. Disagree with his coverage all you want, but calling him a pathetic shill and knocking him for what he does, rather than the content of what he produces while at least respecting what he does, just makes you look like a fool.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Because you choose to knock him personally and attack him personally. Disagree with his coverage all you want, but calling him a pathetic shill and knocking him for what he does, rather than the content of what he produces while at least respecting what he does, just makes you look like a fool.

I don't respect pathetic shills. It makes his 'content' worthless.

Every other writer on the internet gets criticized here. Even though his opinions are the worst of all he is immune from that criticism... why?

Reaction Score
There's no huge dollars in this. Are you kidding? That would require a national TV show. At least.

If there was any hope in this, I would have kept writing. It is painful. Gotta be able to bear a lot of pain for a job like this.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I don't respect pathetic shills. It makes his 'content' worthless.

Every other writer on the internet gets criticized here. Even though his opinions are the worst of all he is immune from that criticism... why?

Why? Pick any from the list below, they are all true:
i) It has been decreed by Fishy, thou shall not criticize our own Baghdad Bob.
ii) Those suffering from Stockholm syndrome deserve our pity and understanding.
iii) Don't you understand reading North Korean propaganda is not the same as believing the propaganda?
iv) Someone has to be Diaco's mouthpiece, would you rather give the role back to Des Conner?

Reaction Score
Why? Pick any from the list below, they are all true:
i) It has been decreed by Fishy, thou shall not criticize our own Baghdad Bob.
ii) Those suffering from Stockholm syndrome deserve our pity and understanding.
iii) Don't you understand reading North Korean propaganda is not the same as believing the propaganda?
iv) Someone has to be Diaco's mouthpiece, would you rather give the role back to Des Conner?

I will say, I'll take Matt over Des any day. Des sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek