The other round of 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
64-Most-Annoying-Round-2.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I love it! Mel Kiper v. Stephen A. Smith sounds like a Final Four matchup.

Reaction Score
They're all annoying. Dick Vitale less so since he can't help it. I think there should be at least one named Doris on this thing. Maybe she should be on there two or three times.

Reaction Score
Wait, wait, how is Jim Rome a #16 seed???? :eek:

One of their comments after the voting for the first round was completed was: "We seriously underseeded Jim Rome, who took down 1-seed Clay Travis in a tight battle. Who knew?"

Actually they should have known. If Rome wasn't worthy of a one seed, he surely should have been a two or a three. To give him a 16 made no sense when it comes to ranking the most annoying.

http://collegespun.com/college-spun...-people-in-sports-media-round-of-32-left-side

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I call Lee Corso over Erin Andrews as the famous, if not infamous, 12-5 upset.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
This thing should be called the Dookie V Invitational.

I can't believe Woody Paige beat Charles "UConn can't win" Barkley. That's (wait for it)....

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
One of their comments after the voting for the first round was completed was: "We seriously underseeded Jim Rome, who took down 1-seed Clay Travis in a tight battle. Who knew?"

Actually they should have known. If Rome wasn't worthy of a one seed, he surely should have been a two or a three. To give him a 16 made no sense when it comes to ranking the most annoying.

http://collegespun.com/college-spun...-people-in-sports-media-round-of-32-left-side
He could go all the way.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
This a beautiful idea. I don't think anyone can compete with Skip Bayless and Steven A. Smith, though. They will go all the way with Skip taking down the finals.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
What is interesting is the varying perspectives on what constitutes "annoying."

Personally, I like Jemele Hill. She brings good insight and analysis, while highlighting important issues (e.g., Serena vs. Sharapova in endorsements and advertisers' issues/standards for female athletes and body images). When she has made mistakes in the past, she admitted them and apologized.

I also like Seth Davis. #DukeBias

As for Bill Simmons, I used to think he was misogynistic when he wrote for ESPN's Page 2. But after the development of Grantland and watching his interviews, I changed my tune. First of all, Grantland was one of my favorite websites. It had great analysis of entertainment, sports, etc. And it was not caught up in the USA Today syndrome (short headlines with quips, very little substance to digest). Grantland provided very thoughtful journalism.

Also, I watched the interview of Diana Taurasi (in-studio sit-down interview) by Simmons. Simmons kept calling her the GOAT (Greatest of All Time). He talked about her game and what she does as "basketball," not just women's basketball. He said he had watched her play in person (in the WNBA). You could tell there was a lot of respect for her, because he treated her as he treats every other male athlete that he respects.

That being said, I would have Jalen Rose and Len Elmore on my "annoying" lists.

This a beautiful idea. I don't think anyone can compete with Skip Bayless and Steven A. Smith, though. They will go all the way with Skip taking down the finals.

Very true. Both have knowledge of sports. Both have had respected careers in journalism and broadcasting.

But both have become what society has created...loud mouths, trying to shout over one another and occasionally spew insults. This is a by-product of our fast-food reality television society (and we see this transpire in some of the political debates as well).

mr006

Reaction Score
"The other round of 64"...

I thought you meant the Mens' tournament... lol

Speaking of sideways thought, dunno who came up with GOAT for "Greatest of All Time". Should be GAT, or something. GOAT makes me think of Bill Buckner...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom