OT: - The Original Song: It's The Best | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: The Original Song: It's The Best

Reaction Score
I disagree… I think Joe Cocker’s cover of “A Little Help From My Friends” is better.
Oh yea, Paul McCartney said "We wrote it, but Joe put the soul into it". Can't agree more.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Billy Idol had a hit with the Doors LA Woman. It was pretty good, but the original is just tremendous with Ray on the Fender Rhodes and tack piano and Robby with his screaming guitar.

Reaction Score
From West Germany in 1975 Silver Convention became the second German act to have a number one song on the American music charts. The song received a Grammy Award for Best R&B Instrumental Performance in 1976, this song only had six words...

"Fly, Robin, Fly" carries the distinction of being a Billboard chart-topper with only six words: the chorus simply repeats "Fly, Robin, fly" three times, with an ending of "Up, up to the sky". During a segment on VH1's 100 Greatest Dance Songs, it was revealed that the original working title was "Run, Rabbit, Run"

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Does Pentatonix count?
I think at this point in time, with all the various people frequently posting songs on You Tube, there's barely any songs left that haven't been covered. There's a pretty good version of this that's a collab between a bunch of different You Tubers--Addie from Halocene, Audra from First to Eleven, Violet Orlandi and Lauren Babic. I won't post it since this is the "original is best" thread.

Reaction Score
Billy Idol had a hit with the Doors LA Woman. It was pretty good, but the original is just tremendous with Ray on the Fender Rhodes and tack piano and Robby with his screaming guitar.

Just read this: in the bridge, Morrison repeats the phrase "Mr. Mojo Risin'." That's an anagram for the name Jim Morrison!

Reaction Score
Year of the Cat - Al Stewart

Been covered a number of times, but the original is such a masterpiece:

"On a morning from a Bogart movie
In a country where they turn back time
You go strolling through the crowd like Peter Lorre
Contemplating a crime
She comes out of the sun in a silk dress running
Like a watercolor in the rain
Don't bother asking for explanations
She'll just tell you that she came
In the year of the cat"

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Incredible song, but has anyone else covered it?
These guys.

giphy.gif

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think at this point in time, with all the various people frequently posting songs on You Tube, there's barely any songs left that haven't been covered. There's a pretty good version of this that's a collab between a bunch of different You Tubers--Addie from Halocene, Audra from First to Eleven, Violet Orlandi and Lauren Babic. I won't post it since this is the "original is best" thread.
Yeah, kind of why I'm not really playing in this thread. Just basically pick any song you really like done by the original artist. Kinda too wide open for me. I could list 20-30-50-100-500 songs I really like. (minus some where I like a cover better)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Yeah, kind of why I'm not really playing in this thread. Just basically pick any song you really like done by the original artist. Kinda too wide open for me. I could list 20-30-50-100-500 songs I really like. (minus some where I like a cover better)
Let's get really exotic: the best cover with at least 3 singers of an original from 1955 with less than 25 likes. Now that would be something. :confused:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom