OT: - The Original Song: It's The Best | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: The Original Song: It's The Best

Reaction Score

Sorry, penalty flag on Kaizen. This thread is where we like the original best. This Jason Donovan version was 27 years after Brian Hyland’s hit in 1962. Before I posted I checked and was surprised to find that a group called the Four Voices had the original 2 years earlier. I doubt many of us know the Four Voices so I’ll take a penalty and post Brian Hyland’s version here,

Reaction Score
Sorry, penalty flag on Kaizen. This thread is where we like the original best. This Jason Donovan version was 27 years after Brian Hyland’s hit in 1962. Before I posted I checked and was surprised to find that a group called the Four Voices had the original 2 years earlier. I doubt many of us know the Four Voices so I’ll take a penalty and post Brian Hyland’s version here,

@bantamlaker, I fully agree with you that Brian Hyland is the original one and the one I like the most. My apology for the mistake.

Yes, Four Voices is the original singers. But I don't like their version. Brian Hyland is much better.

Reaction Score

Excellent choice, CajunHusky.

The White Cliffs of Dover

I've added my favorite from Vera Lynn, who we lost in 2020 at the ripe old age of 103. Written in 1941 and first recorded by Vera in 1942. Dame Vera Lynn helped rally the Brits as they stood virtually alone during the darkest of their dark days in the early stages of WW2. She became famous after singing to folks who were sheltering against falling German bombs in the tube stations below London.

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
White Cliffs of Dover reminded me of this song from Jimmy Cliffs, which quotes a line from that song:

Wandering I am lost and I can’t seem to find the White Cliffs of Dover

Many Rivers to Cross has been covered many, many times, by everyone from UB40 to Lenny Kravitz.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom