The Open Championship | The Boneyard

The Open Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The British Open?
Of course, but Brits being Brits, they insist on simply calling it "The Open" to remind everyone that they had the first one.

And of course, when they were all crowing about Brexit and declaring June 23 "Independence Day" while I was there a few weeks ago, I was only too eager to remind them that we had the first one of those...

Reaction Score
Of course, but Brits being Brits, they insist on simply calling it "The Open" to remind everyone that they had the first one.

And of course, when they were all crowing about Brexit and declaring June 23 "Independence Day" while I was there a few weeks ago, I was only too eager to remind them that we had the first one of those...
For international golf, its still "The Open".

Reaction Score
That's just what it's name has been since it started.

There's a tournament called the Australian Masters, but I doubt Augusta National is going to change the name of their tournament just because people in other countries call ours the US Masters.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
For international golf, its still "The Open".
That's just what it's name has been since it started.

There's a tournament called the Australian Masters, but I doubt Augusta National is going to change the name of their tournament just because people in other countries call ours the US Masters.
I know, I'm just being a crank because I got a little tried of the attitude, so I figured I'd play ugly American.

Reaction Score
I know, I'm just being a crank because I got a little tried of the attitude, so I figured I'd play ugly American.
Well done. You made me defend it. I've always loved The Open. Love the quirkiness of those links courses.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Obviously the favorites should be Day and Johnson, but it's the Open so Rory and Spieth need to be included in the conversation. A lot will depend on the weather - if the winds are up, I'll take Rory. If they aren't I'll go with Dustin going two for two after breaking through. If there are a couple days of wind and a couple calm days, I'll go wit Day first and Spieth next.

Those are my four to win.

Reaction Score
My DraftKings lineup:

Sergio Garcia, Branden Grace, Martin Kaymer, Matt Kuchar, Danny Lee, and Marc Leishman

Is that your milly maker? I've seen a couple UConn related screen names on DK

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Bubba or Sergio.

Think their minds are both in a good place.

Reaction Score
Course is playing soft so Ireally like one of the top four (DJ, Rory, Day and Spieth), Grace, Willett. Garcia could be a good choice too.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
My avatar says who I'm roostering for.

Reaction Score
and Phil shoots a 63 , course really played easy today. The weather had better kick in hard tomorrow.

Reaction Score
My #1 pick (top 20 golfer) was Reed. Let's see how it goes. Nice to see USA doing so well, if only we could do as well in the Ryder Cup as we do in majors.

Reaction Score
It was really perfect conditions today, the real tourney will start when the weather moves in.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
My DraftKings lineup:

Sergio Garcia, Branden Grace, Martin Kaymer, Matt Kuchar, Danny Lee, and Marc Leishman
Lee is killing us both! I was least confident about him and now I know why

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Well it's not really going as anyone predicted. A 40 year old Stenson with only 4 PGA wins in front a 46 year old Mickelson by one and clear of 3rd by 6. Sergio and Dustin are 10 and 11 strokes back and rather unlikely. The other big names all fading with no chance. Did you see Rory wreck his 3 wood? That was kind of violent.

Two horse race tomorrow or does someone go really low and put some pressure on them?

Reaction Score
I'm a big lefty fan but typically he grabbed the lead at 16 and blew an iron off the 17th tee. He has a history of yanking defeat out of the jaws of victory. It looks like a two man race but there no lead that Phil can't blow.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm a big lefty fan but typically he grabbed the lead at 16 and blew an iron off the 17th tee. He has a history of yanking defeat out of the jaws of victory. It looks like a two man race but there no lead that Phil can't blow.

That said, with the amount of scrambling he did yesterday, to shoot a 70 was pretty damned impressive.

Stenson has all the pressure on him. Phil can just go out and have fun since he already has a jug.

Btw, Phil looks to be in the best shape of his life. Guess the paleo diet/core strengthening are really working for him.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Phil down 2 after Stenson hit a 50 foot putt. Great duel continues on 16th hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom