The Open Championship | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Open Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Poor Phil ran into a Swedish freight train. Damn impressive golf congrats to Henrik, seems like a real good guy.
I wondered if Henrik would crack today, and Phil certainly seemed to be relaxed beforehand. Then Henrik started a little stiff, but when I saw him give Phil a genuine laugh after Phil's incredible chip on the second or third I thought he was in a good frame of mind to win the thing. I think that made all the difference in his putting; and Phil on the other hand pushed two putts that made the difference in letting Henrik pull away. He was just a machine down the stretch.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I wondered if Henrik would crack today, and Phil certainly seemed to be relaxed beforehand. Then Henrik started a little stiff, but when I saw him give Phil a genuine laugh after Phil's incredible chip on the second or third I thought he was in a good frame of mind to win the thing. I think that made all the difference in his putting; and Phil on the other hand pushed two putts that made the difference in letting Henrik pull away. He was just a machine down the stretch.
This was a great performance by both players, but Stenson was nearly perfect. To play that well while trying to win "The Open" was impressive. He looked very calm, focused, and confident.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well it's not really going as anyone predicted. A 40 year old Stenson with only 4 PGA wins in front a 46 year old Mickelson by one and clear of 3rd by 6. Sergio and Dustin are 10 and 11 strokes back and rather unlikely. The other big names all fading with no chance. Did you see Rory wreck his 3 wood? That was kind of violent.

Two horse race tomorrow or does someone go really low and put some pressure on them?

Well I wouldn't say no one predicted it...

http://the-boneyard.com/threads/the-open.94439/

Reaction Score
Draftkings was good to my wife(yes, she drafts her own teams) and I. As a household we netted a little over $600 this week.

Onto the RBC in Canada

Reaction Score
Well it's not really going as anyone predicted. A 40 year old Stenson with only 4 PGA wins in front a 46 year old Mickelson by one and clear of 3rd by 6. Sergio and Dustin are 10 and 11 strokes back and rather unlikely. The other big names all fading with no chance. Did you see Rory wreck his 3 wood? That was kind of violent.

Two horse race tomorrow or does someone go really low and put some pressure on them?
Someone went really low, and another played great too. ;^)

Reaction Score
Incredible final round of golf by Stenson, and Phil was not too bad either. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member