The one that got away -- CC | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The one that got away -- CC

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Hardly qualifies as a "harsh accusation" given that it is commonly done and not against the rules.
Do you think that might be a little harsh on your part?
Very harsh on my part specifically because of what you stated "it is commonly done, not against the rules but most importantly no proof that it was done in the first place & posted here as a fact repeatedly: "Aston never relented from recruiting her even after CC verballed".
A simple" I don't think "if front of that statement and I would not have been as harsh.

Last edited:

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
The sequence of events does not support this theory:
April 2016 Charli Collier's father passed away.
October 2016 on First Night Charli visited UCONN and was extended an offer.
December 2016 Charli Accepts UCONN offer and verbally commits.
August of 2017 Hurricane Harvey devastated Huston.
September 2017 Charli decommits from UCONN.
October 2017 on her birthday Charli recommits to Texas.
Charli visited UCONN and verbally committed after her father's death. Charli decommitted from UCONN after Hurricane Harvey. BTW Charli is not exactly playing at "home" she is playing at UT which is more than 3 hours from her home.

I went by what I read, so I do apologize if this information was incorrect.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I don't think the Boneyard gives a rip about speculating on potential transfers on other teams. I see it all the time.
I don't think the Boneyard gives a rip about speculating on potential transfers on other teams. I see it all the time.
That is not what the moderators say. Ask Husky Nan.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Outside of the New England and Mid-Atlantic states, 3 hours by car is not considered far to travel.
Solid points. Let me add some context to those 3 hours.
"I want my family to be able to watch me play, and I want to watch my brother grow and play high school football.
No. 2 prospect Charli Collier wants to stay close to home and play for Texas Longhorns

The first part of that sentence makes a lot sense. Parents will gladly drive 3 hours to see their kids play even if in NE ( I did twice & sometimes 3 times that). Danni Williams parents drove from New Mexico to TA&M and never missed a game in 3 years as an Aggie.
The second part of the sentence does not make sense. By going to Texas Charli Collier is not going to get
to see her little brother play. When people say that Charli stayed home to play college ball I say, no she did not. Home for Charli Collier would have been University of Houston. TA&M is also closer to her home by 1.5 hours than UT.

Reaction Score
I understand why the power's that be don't want UConn players discussed when it comes to transfers...............if somebody wonders whether a player on Louisville or Baylor for instance may be crowded out by multiple recruits and limited scholarships, I'm not sure why there's an issue.............perhaps it's the "Booster" thing..............I do know that those discussions go on all the time on others school's boards without apparent repercussion..........

Reaction Score
Solid points. Let me add some context to those 3 hours.
"I want my family to be able to watch me play, and I want to watch my brother grow and play high school football.
No. 2 prospect Charli Collier wants to stay close to home and play for Texas Longhorns

The first part of that sentence makes a lot sense. Parents will gladly drive 3 hours to see their kids play even if in NE ( I did twice & sometimes 3 times that). Danni Williams parents drove from New Mexico to TA&M and never missed a game in 3 years as an Aggie.
The second part of the sentence does not make sense. By going to Texas Charli Collier is not going to get
to see her little brother play. When people say that Charli stayed home to play college ball I say, no she did not. Home for Charli Collier would have been University of Houston. TA&M is also closer to her home by 1.5 hours than UT.

Maybe she should have said I want to stay near home and win............

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom