The Olivia Nelson-Ododa Blog | The Boneyard

The Olivia Nelson-Ododa Blog

Reaction Score
Thanks for the update, Coach.
sorry about her injury, which, at least doesn't sound serious (so far!), and it gives her a chance to divert her energies productively:
My recruitment is going pretty well right now, I’ve got offers from UConn, Stanford, South Carolina, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Maryland, UCLA and a lot of other schools. Right now I’m focusing on developing relationships with coaches and trying to get out to see some of the schools.

She's not a great blogger, giving us no interesting or intimate facts about her life--which is actually a very, very good thing in a young person! Sounds like she's keeping her head solidly on her shoulders.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
My best to her. She sounds like a nice young woman.

Maybe a list of schools where she DOESN`T have an offer would be easier.;)

Hoping she is right and it is not anything major. I am reminded, though, of oft-injured superstar Bill Walton`s definition of minor surgery - surgery performed on someone else!

Reaction Score
Poor child. I cringe when I hear about these awful knee injuries. Really hope it's nothing. Wherever she attends college, you want these young people to be healthy.

Reaction Score
...My recruitment is going pretty well right now, I’ve got offers from UConn, Stanford, South Carolina, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Maryland, UCLA and a lot of other schools...
I'm sure that to some degree this pleases Geno, Tara, Dawn, Brenda, ...but feeling sad for the other coaches, those coaching at "a lot of other schools." :(

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Man, I cringe whenever I see these young players hit the floor hard or come up limping after a tough play.

By the way, I finally binge watched the show "Sneaky Pete". Excellent. With many aspects that will remind you of Breaking Bad.

HGN

Reaction Score
Sounds like a good , level-headed young lady. I am truly sorry to hear of the injury and hope its not something serious or will take a long re-hab.

And she is a serious 'dog' lover....owning a lab , mini pit bull , and a german shepherd. One coach even played up the dog angle and had a good conversation based on dogs. And me , trying to look for anything , large or small , that would give UConn an edge took her love of dogs as a positive sign. Liking dogs gives the edge to the Huskies of Connecticut and the Bulldogs of Georgia. Better for us she likes dogs instead of roosters, big trees , bruin bears , or turtles. Just looking for any edge , Hopefully , like a lot of serious sports fans , she watched the Huskies (dogs) defeat the Roosters Monday night.

GO HUSKIES !!

Reaction Score
Sounds like a good , level-headed young lady. I am truly sorry to hear of the injury and hope its not something serious or will take a long re-hab.

And she is a serious 'dog' lover...owning a lab , mini pit bull , and a german shepherd. One coach even played up the dog angle and had a good conversation based on dogs. And me , trying to look for anything , large or small , that would give UConn an edge took her love of dogs as a positive sign. Liking dogs gives the edge to the Huskies of Connecticut and the Bulldogs of Georgia. Better for us she likes dogs instead of roosters, big trees , bruin bears , or turtles. Just looking for any edge , Hopefully , like a lot of serious sports fans , she watched the Huskies (dogs) defeat the Roosters Monday night.

GO HUSKIES !!
If she comes to visit maybe Geno will arrange for her to meet our Husky.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I'm sure that to some degree this pleases Geno, Tara, Dawn, Brenda, ..but feeling sad for the other coaches, those coaching at "a lot of other schools." :(

Just give me NaLyssa Smith, Aquira DeCosta, Chrystin Williams and Queen Egbo and I will be happy. Is that too much to ask?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Just give me NaLyssa Smith, Aquira DeCosta, Chrystin Williams and Queen Egbo and I will be happy. Is that too much to ask?
Sounds good to me. One problem though. Along with returning players and previous commits, I think that totals 16 players on scholarship for 2018-19, or one more than the limit.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
My best to her. She sounds like a nice young woman.

Maybe a list of schools where she DOESN`T have an offer would be easier.;)

Hoping she is right and it is not anything major. I am reminded, though, of oft-injured superstar Bill Walton`s definition of minor surgery - surgery performed on someone else!

I read that part as "these are the schools I'm most interested in"... but maybe that's just me.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

I can't see Smith leaving Texas.. maybe a UConn or a similar program can draw her out of state but I just don't see it. I think DeCosta is Tennessee bound.. maybe she's leaving a false trail but her social media (and that of the people around her) leans heavily towards the Lady Vols. I know a lot of people think Williams is UConn bound but I think she's actually more wide open than she's letting on... now I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up in Storrs, but I just don't think she's a done deal at this point.

I love Nelson-Ododa, Williams and co.. but the more I read up on NaLyssa Smith the more I can't help but fall in love with her game. I think she's a true immediate impact player at the next level.. she's probably my #1 player right now. Whoever gets her is VERY fortunate.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I read that part as "these are the schools I'm most interested in".. but maybe that's just me.

She uses to word "offers", so it sounds pretty clear to me.

"I've got offers from UConn, Stanford, South Carolina, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Maryland, UCLA and a lot of other schools."

Nice to have choices like that! She also said her recruitment is going "pretty well" right now. Would have to agree!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Sounds good to me. One problem though. Along with returning players and previous commits, I think that totals 16 players on scholarship for 2018-19, or one more than the limit.
That scholarship limit thing has ever stopped Baylor before.:D

Reaction Score
Lots of "I" in this blog. Hope she fully recovers and has a stellar senior year on and off the court.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Lots of "I" in this blog. Hope she fully recovers and has a stellar senior year on and off the court.

lol.. well it is the Olivia Nelson-Ododa blog. I'm not reading it to learn about her teammates. :D

Reaction Score
By the way, I finally binge watched the show "Sneaky Pete". Excellent. With many aspects that will remind you of Breaking Bad.
My recommendation resulted in your wasting 12 hrs. My work here is done. :)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yea that and the fact that today it's a blog tomorrow she might want her own clothing line, tomorrow she'll start her brand- definitely NOT UCONN kind of kid:D:D:D:D:D. I'm going to archive this just so we know where it first started. I wonder if she rolls her shorts?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom