OT: - The Old, the Obscure, and the Forgotten | The Boneyard

OT: The Old, the Obscure, and the Forgotten

Reaction Score
I thought this might be an interesting angle to take music wise. I'm sure you have a favorite song(s) that just might fit into these categories. I'll kick it off with a beautiful acoustic tune from the mid 70's by a really obscure artist by the name of Brian Friel:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Hmmm, well not too old. Can't be forgotten if never known. But this is probably obscure to everyone here. Doubt you've heard of either artist.

Hey Maria - Andrew Cash with Gord Downie

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Hmmm, well not too old. Can't be forgotten if never known. But this is probably obscure to everyone here. Doubt you've heard of either artist.

Hey Maria - Andrew Cash with Gord Downie

Looks as if it is obscure to everyone there too. The singer is reading the lyrics from a piece of paper! ;)

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
Old, obscure, forgotten? That's my bio in a nutshell.

Let's go back to Britain, around 1969. Layyydeez anna gennulmin,
The Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band...

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Alan O’day is the only songwriter to have written songs that went to #1 for another artist (Angie Baby for Helen Reddy) and himself (Undercover Angel). I have his first album (now ripped to CD), but can’t find anything from it on YT. Here’s one of his songs that’ been covered dozens if not hundreds of times.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Hokay, mon, one more then I’ll shut up for awhile. This is a symphonic metal band from Bosnia. The vocalist is spectacular.

Reaction Score
FYI- I should have stated - a song that fits into ONE of these categories, doesn't have to be in all three. :D

Bonzo Dog Band, The Urban Spaceman - I used to hear them on Radio Luxembourg back in the late 60's when I was stationed in Spain in the Air Force - great tune.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
This song dates back to the 12th century or so, the first known text was in Latin:

They are very good. Perform lots of old, obscure tunes so a perfect fit. :)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I'll start with the man who I think is maybe the greatest who ever played this instrument. His technique was virtually flawless, effortless. The bow never seemed to leave the string. He was dead at 39.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
I'll start with the man who I think is maybe the greatest who ever played this instrument. His technique was virtually flawless, effortless. The bow never seemed to leave the string. He was dead at 39.

Amazing performance, but it reminds me of very old cartoon music.

JordyG

Reaction Score
When the name of great pianists come up this guy is never mentioned. He seems to have been forgotten. Yet his complex and educated left hand is undeniable. He is clearly from the Tatum school and that is indeed rare. An unappreciated genius.

JordyG

Reaction Score
He started in a band called "The McCoys", played with Johnny Winter And and Edgar Winter, then struck out on his own to write one of my favorite all time dance songs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom