The Official Thread of the New York Yankees - 2021 | Page 16 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of the New York Yankees - 2021

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Unless Torres and Frazier develop....and Hicks stays healthy and hits at least .270, it feels like another 95 win season and early exit in playoffs. I know it's early to say that...but I just don't see what's different about this team to think it will take the next step.
I said this in early April and it's still true. Torres and frazier didn't develop and once again Hicks is on the DL. Signing Hicks to a long term deal is turning out to be one of Cashman's worst contracts.

I appreciate the guts that Stanton and judge showed down the stretch, but their pitching has let them down. They don't have a #2 and their #1 hasn't been clutch.

I am hopeful that Cole comes up big tomorrow...bit it's a 50-50 chance at this point end even if they win...does it really matter? This team just isn't good enough to compete with Tampa and Houston.

I hope I'm wrong.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Boone: "Okay boys, the Rays are in town. Let's kick some fannies!!!"

Yankees commence crapping their collective uniform pants.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Singleton is great, Boone is going to lose his job because of his bizarre allegiance to Gary Sanchez and for messing around with the bullpen.
Boone might actually be the worst manager in MLB. He’s lucky he has a team that has enough natural talent to overcome most of his baffling managerial moves. I’ve never seen a manager with less instinct and feel for the game flow than Boone.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Saved me from rushing home when Montgomery gave up a 3 run homer .

Reaction Score
Boone might actually be the worst manager in MLB. He’s lucky he has a team that has enough natural talent to overcome most of his baffling managerial moves. I’ve never seen a manager with less instinct and feel for the game flow than Boone.
I never know if Boone has autonomy or of the brain trust is micromanaging everything. If it's all Boone he has zero feel for the game. Give Kevin Cash that roster and the Yankees win over 110 games.

Reaction Score
So if the Red Sox and Yankees lose tomorrow and the Jays win and the Mariners win their last 2 they will finish all tied. In that scenario Red Sox get first choice and would assume they would take a home game. Jays pick next and they would most likely would pick a home game. Next up are the Yankees. They get to pick where they go. I have to assume they’re going to Boston and Seattle goes to Toronto. And then the winners would play in WC game. Unlikely but it would be fun to watch.

Reaction Score
I said this in early April and it's still true. Torres and frazier didn't develop and once again Hicks is on the DL. Signing Hicks to a long term deal is turning out to be one of Cashman's worst contracts.

I appreciate the guts that Stanton and judge showed down the stretch, but their pitching has let them down. They don't have a #2 and their #1 hasn't been clutch.

I am hopeful that Cole comes up big tomorrow...bit it's a 50-50 chance at this point end even if they win...does it really matter? This team just isn't good enough to compete with Tampa and Houston.

I hope I'm wrong.

Their 5th batter is hitting .198 that’s just not good but Cashman loves Gallo. Boone pinch hit a pitiful Sanchez Friday for Higo who is twice as clutch just a horrid move. Monty was BP yesterday was left in way too long. Torres didn’t run out a ground ball hard and was tagged out on a bad throw and then jogged on a passed ball which he struck out on. Honestly he shouldn’t see the field today he’s a pos. As I said a while ago a painful team who have no shot of beating a good team in a series. But they continue to lure us back in on occasion huh? Lol

Reaction Score
How is Cashman never on the hot seat? They have 3 guys in the lineup under the Mendoza Line. Sanchez is batting .200 since 2017. Gary, Gallo, and Odor are automatic outs.

Reaction Score
Fans should vandalize Yankee stadium if they don’t score a run.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Fans should vandalize Yankee stadium if they don’t score a run.
Save the graffiti. Judge comes through in the 9th

Reaction Score
Judge won it, phew. Still have little confidence in them but phew.

Reaction Score
Yep Judge came through Rays were trying to fool him he didnt fall for Cash and the Rays games.

Reaction Score

Big base running move by Rizzo to take 2nd on the throw home. Could’ve been a DP on Judges otherwise.

1 hit through 8 innings wow and they pulled it out.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
That was a wholly unsatisfying way to end the MLB season. No baseball tomorrow ;-(

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Great win and now a well-rested Cole starting on Tuesday. What a roller-coaster of a season, but you have to be in the playoffs to win them.
Boston was the best matchup among the 3 wild card possibilities. Limping in after almost losing to Baltimore and only scoring on the weakest bullpen in baseball while our bullpen is really sharp. After Cole blew chunks last game, I doubt that will happen again.

Reaction Score
'I said this in early April and it's still true. Torres and frazier didn't develop'

Gleyber Torres' sprawling play | 10/03/2021 | MLB.com

well, that's awkward. one of the four hits today. too.

You’re never around when he makes an error or goes 0-5 though are you? And he didn’t run hard to first twice yesterday he’s right Frazier and he didn’t develop.

Easy team to root for. 1 hit 8 innings with. A 5plus ERA starter, yeah real easy!

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
You’re never around when he makes an error or goes 0-5 though are you? And he didn’t run hard to first twice yesterday he’s right Frazier and he didn’t develop.

Easy team to root for. 1 hit 8 innings with. A 5plus ERA starter, yeah real easy!
answer? 2 time all-star, still 24.

any other questions? see above.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul