The Official Thread of the New York Yankees - 2021 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of the New York Yankees - 2021

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Holy Cow that triple play to end the game today gets a wow!!! Glad I saw it live!!

Aroldis did not have "it" and I was really doubting he'd escape this time like he did the other night (2 on, no out).

What a win. What a play.

Reaction Score
Don Giovanni has the clutch gene that hardly anyone on the Yankees have granted it was a lucky play, ball went right at him as his foot was practically touching 3rd base. Of course the Yankees get going now, well see how long that lasts. Will have to do it as a Wild card team, can't see the Yankees beating TB in the division. AL is pretty weak its TB then everyone else. NL is loaded.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
You only come around when they win a couple, they scored 2 again against crappy pitching it's an issue admit it.
well, i do admit that i like nuts. i mean, i really really like nuts. brazil, hazel, peanuts, cashews, pine, pistachios, walnuts, pecans, chestnuts, the whole lot of them, including white oak acorns. only one kind doesn't work for me - the hawaiian one, the one that tastes like uncooked animal fat. knowhaimsayin, mac?
Huge List of the 20 Different Types of Nuts You Can Eat and Cook With (Photos) - Home Stratosphere

Reaction Score
just a few games back now. some of youse are N-U-T-S nutz.
Get at least 10 games above .500 then see where we’re at. The best team usually doesn’t win the World Series, so we got that going for us I guess. It’s a small sample size, but I hope your right, just won’t get my hopes up.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Don Giovanni has the clutch gene that hardly anyone on the Yankees have granted it was a lucky play, ball went right at him as his foot was practically touching 3rd base. Of course the Yankees get going now, well see how long that lasts. Will have to do it as a Wild card team, can't see the Yankees beating TB in the division. AL is pretty weak its TB then everyone else. NL is loaded.

This is our week. We have the Royals at home while Boston and Tampa play each other. Then we get a crack at returning the favor to Boston at Fenway. We need to sweep the Royals so we can pick up a few games on one of the two in front of us and then take at least 2 in Boston.

In an ideal world Boston takes 3 from the Rays and we win our next 6. Would get us 1 back of Boston and, at the very least, tied with Tampa before July (in the loss column).

Then of course, they need to keep it going. Still a lot of season ahead but the door is open now and we can't afford to f up this week like we did when we had a similar chance at the beginning of June. A bad week here and we are only playing for a home WC game at best.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
This is our week. We have the Royals at home while Boston and Tampa play each other. Then we get a crack at returning the favor to Boston at Fenway. We need to sweep the Royals so we can pick up a few games on one of the two in front of us and then take at least 2 in Boston.

In an ideal world Boston takes 3 from the Rays and we win our next 6. Would get us 1 back of Boston and, at the very least, tied with Tampa before July (in the loss column).

Then of course, they need to keep it going. Still a lot of season ahead but the door is open now and we can't afford to f up this week like we did when we had a similar chance at the beginning of June. A bad week here and we are only playing for a home WC game at best.
'A bad week here...'
tampa just lost 6 in a row, so i guess that they should quit now, according to this logic. cheese and crackers man, nothing other than a season-ending injury to a star player or two will change the reality that many teams will still be in the hunt many months from now. oh, and also true, the yanks pen will still be the envy for all of them. garuntee. in the meantime, i eagerly await the return of luke, looie, and that klubot guy.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
'A bad week here...'
tampa just lost 6 in a row, so i guess that they should quit now, according to this logic. cheese and crackers man, nothing other than a season-ending injury to a star player or two will change the reality that many teams will still be in the hunt many months from now. oh, and also true, the yanks pen will still be the envy for all of them. garuntee. in the meantime, i eagerly await the return of luke, looie, and that klubot guy.
The difference is that Tampa lost 6 in a row after they were in first place. It only dropped them a game back. If we lose our next 6 in a row we would be 7-10 back having to chase down for 3 teams for the division, while not holding the tie breaker against the top 2 teams entering July. Can't think of many 4th place teams who win the division down 10 games at the half way point. Apples and oranges.

We have our offense at full strength. If we don't get it done now, I don't know when we will.

That said, I do think (hope) that the team has turned the corner and is finally clicking like we expected.

Edit: I'll add that I don't think the Red Sox or Rays (or Jays) are world beaters. When the Sox, Rays and Yankees are playing to their potential, the Yankees are far superior. The Yankees have just played so far below their potential this year that they put themselves in a hole. If they don't start playing to their potential soon (5 of 6 against the Royals and Red Sox is certainly within that potential) they will quickly find themselves too far back with too many teams in front with too few games to play when they decide to turn it on.

Last edited:

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
So what is up with Chapman lately? Control issue? Not using sticky stuff? Injury? Luck?

Reaction Score

Are you really confident they’ll sweep the Royals? I would’ve thought so too, until they got swept by the Tigers. Just saying.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Are you really confident they’ll sweep the Royals? I would’ve thought so too, until they got swept by the Tigers. Just saying.
Confident, hmmmm, no. Foolishly optimistic, yes. Haha. But we got to get it done. We are guaranteed to pick up games on someone in front of us if we do. Huge opportunity that we can't waste.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
So what is up with Chapman lately? Control issue? Not using sticky stuff? Injury? Luck?
103.4 mph, fastest pitch so far this year on planet earth, and just a couple days ago. i'm pretty sure they don't allow cocaine anymore, but even if they do, im not sure how that would help his messed up fingernail.
turrible. trade him.
and as far as offense, it looks like the 2020 mlb home run leader will finally be lacing them up a noche.
muy terrible. fire him.
feels like field marshall monty is ready to go on a rampage against the bad guys. noice. that time he held down the enemy at the battle of the bulge, allowing teammate patton to drive the 3rd army up their kazoo? priceless.
time for him to flower. since his first start eastertime a few years back, i feel that he has andy-like qualities.

Last edited:

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
103.4 mph, fastest pitch so far this year on planet earth, and just a couple days ago. i'm pretty sure they don't allow cocaine anymore, but even if they do, im not sure how that would help his messed up fingernail.
turrible. trade him.
and as far as offense, it looks like the 2020 mlb home run leader will finally be lacing them up a noche.
muy terrible. fire him.
feels like field marshall monty is ready to go on a rampage against the bad guys. noice. that time he held down the enemy at the battle of the bulge, allowing teammate patton to drive the 3rd army up their kazoo? priceless.
time for him to flower. since his first start eastertime a few years back, i feel that he has andy-like qualities.
And this answers my question how?

Reaction Score
0-10 with RISP last night and Lasagna chokes away a lead in the 8th, the second you have optimism is the 2nd they will screw you over. Like I said get at least 10 above then see where we’re at maybe might thoughts might differ.

Reaction Score

Haha so much for that already lost last night, and down 2-0 right now.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
So...here we are again...glad they won but Chapman gave up 3 hits and 2 runs. He was literally unhittable a month ago...and now he is like th 4th best reliever on the team.

Why?

Reaction Score
So...here we are again...glad they won but Chapman gave up 3 hits and 2 runs. He was literally unhittable a month ago...and now he is like th 4th best reliever on the team.

Why?

Chapman has always been a bit of a mental midget whenever he allows a base runnner. I have always been more comfortable having Britton close to be honest.

Reaction Score
Chapman has always been a bit of a mental midget whenever he allows a base runnner. I have always been more comfortable having Britton close to be honest.
6 or one half dozen of the other for me. Chapman was so good early my question is did they tire him out already or can he not get the "grip" he needs suddenly? Britton is real good too but can give up the big one as well. Both solid, least of our problems I believe.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
With our bullpen at full strength, if Chapman needs a week off then we should give it to him. Green, lasagna and Britton are more than enough to close out games while Chapman heals his finger / rests.

Reaction Score
With our bullpen at full strength, if Chapman needs a week off then we should give it to him. Green, lasagna and Britton are more than enough to close out games while Chapman heals his finger / rests.
He needs a little cutting action on his fastball. Throws it really hard (clocked at 103 the other night) but good fastball hitters are killing him when he drops to 100 or lower.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Remember when Yankee fans used to talk trash? That was over a decade ago.

Reaction Score
turrible. trade him.
muy terrible. fire him.

Now what, this team isn’t winning a god damn thing let’s be real.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Lost three to Boston. Team looked terrible. Boone is clueless as is Cashman and his minions.

Three games over .500. Team is going nowhere. Pressure is mounting on Steinbrenner. Is Hal a Steinbrenner or an imitation?

Fire Cashman and Boone. Get somebody to be a GM that doesn't need a computer and a bunch of stats to make decisions. Get a manager who actually can manage what he sees on the field.

A very sad story for such a great franchise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom