The Official That Taste of UConn Game Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The Official That Taste of UConn Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Awful game for everyone except DHam, depressing to watch on thanksgiving. These floaters in the second half were so bad, I can't remember a time in the 2nd when we strung together 2 stops, it was always either a foul or a basket, terrible game, didn't show up against our arch rival

Reaction Score
This was the one game where I thought Miller looked undersized for his position.

Reaction Score
We are a fouling machine, 3rd game in a row now, that will kill us.

Reaction Score
This was the one game where I thought Miller looked undersized for his position.

He was terrible, hell just about everyone was, but I was really disappointed in the way he played.

Reaction Score
Not for nothing, but it's incomprehensible that UConn had less FT attempts than its opponents entering today...and that number will probably continue to grow.

I know it's not in his nature, but it's time for Ollie to step up and defend his players a little more.

Reaction Score
We had no inside presence. DHam is the only one that attacked the zone effectively, Purvis and Jalen just threw up floaters because they seemed to be scared of contact. Defense in the second half was awful, Cuse got what they wanted. They deserved to win and we definitely deserved to lose

Reaction Score
We had no inside presence. DHam is the only one that attacked the zone effectively, Purvis and Jalen just threw up floaters because they seemed to be scared of contact. Defense in the second half was awful, Cuse got what they wanted. They deserved to win and we definitely deserved to lose
With regard to Purvis, he continually seemed to anticipate contact, and so shot harder than he needed to.

Reaction Score
Dham should of played the 4 and been the one coming up to the foul line.

Reaction Score
With regard to Purvis, he continually seemed to anticipate contact, and so shot harder than he needed to.

That kid can be good and bad in the same game, hell on the same play. Inconsistency, it's a killer and we are going to be watching the team deal with it.

Reaction Score
uconnfan68 said:
Except he's only a freshman, in his 5th college game. Kid is a great shooter, and seems to have a good bbiq.

In fairness, Connecticut didn't exactly make the game difficult for him.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

A point that was mentioned by the announcers more than once. Which might not be his game since he hasn't been lighting it up from the FT line. But he was getting to the rim. And even with the floaters... one Brimah took away that looked like it was in.

This was the first time I got to see them play, and only the first half. I came away with the feeling that if they can finish their shots, this team will go on to have some massive offensive runs this season. Sure, they can get sloppy. Sure, Brimah doesn't look any better than last year. Sure, Facey still lacks court awareness. But otherwise, looks like one of our more athletic teams and is probably going to be fun to watch once they gel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom