The Official Punch Them In The Toof Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The Official Punch Them In The Toof Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm not gonna freak out even if we get blown out this game. We are a very talented and deep team but there will be some disappointing games

Reaction Score
this board is a morgue, i wonder what it looked like last year when uconn lost to louisville by 30, oh wait i remember, relax

Reaction Score
we have to come out of that locker room for the second half with a fundamental understanding of how to break a press and a clearer head collectively. West Virginia isn't a great team but they're good enough to sit back and let us beat ourselves

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Looking at the box score, their depth is ridiculous. If we were ten deep as well this wouldn't be happening to the same degree.

Reaction Score
Everyone has praised our defense while all i see is players getting to the basket, open threes all day, no rebounding, and interior defense is the worst i've seen from uconn in years.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Dayton lit us up first half too and we buckled down 2nd half. Might be tough to win this one with the hole we are in but at very least give some resistance defensively. Like under 30 points this half.

Reaction Score
this board is a morgue, i wonder what it looked like last year when uconn lost to louisville by 30, oh wait i remember, relax
Yeah but WVU isn't Louisville and we just got outplayed. This game, we've done almost as much damage to ourselves with TOs as WVU has

Reaction Score
I'm not gonna freak out even if we get blown out this game. We are a very talented and deep team but there will be some disappointing games
I understand this too but we need to do as well as we possibly can OOC for our resume because our only ranked opponent in conference this year right now is SMU and they're about to fall out of the rankings.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The biggest problem we'll likely have in the second half is that West Virginia is actually better.

That, combined with a 15-point deficit, is going to present a problem.

Reaction Score
We need a strategy to handle the pressure first off. And secondly this is where boat shows his composure and leadership. Boat has to learn from this, this is what differentiated Napier and walker. We also have to remember that bazz and kemba took their lumps during the regular season as well. I hope we and boat get it together in the second half, but if not there is alot to be learned here.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
I understand this too but we need to do as well as we possibly can OOC for our resume because our only ranked opponent in conference this year right now is SMU and they're about to fall out of the rankings.
If you want to go a different route, are next big game is against PUKE!

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
The biggest problem we'll likely have in the second half is that West Virginia is actually better.

That, combined with a 15-point deficit, is going to present a problem.
Thanks Dr. Feelgood!

Reaction Score
Thanks Dr. Feelgood!
What? to me, he's right. What have we done to make it seem that we are better than them? Now it may be a different story come tournament time when we are at our best, but we have shown me nothing to think that we are better than WVU right now

Reaction Score
WV is a quality tournament team so how we play in the second half is still valuable to us vs cupcakes. Everything went in for them and we gave them plenty. They have depth but a lot of fouls.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Only one who can break the press is TSam. Boat is doing an OK job, but he's dribbling into double teams.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Ollie and the staff can make adjustments to reduce turnovers against the press. Not sure there is anything they can do about the lack of rebounding.

UConn cuts it to single digits by the under 16 timeout. Then we'll have a game.

Reaction Score
This game will be dictated by the way the officials decide to call the rest of the game. This is LVille all over again. Game plan = they can't possibly call every foul?

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
What? to me, he's right. What have we done to make it seem that we are better than them? Now it may be a different story come tournament time when we are at our best, but we have shown me nothing to think that we are better than WVU right now
Right NOW! We are better, Watch and see!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom