The Official No Boat, No Problem Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Official No Boat, No Problem Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
And this is why we need an additional juco- 5th year - 3-4 star pg next year. It's as clear as Dan Guest having to get minutes.

Reaction Score
is this team allergic to driving the lane, I swear when we go on these droughts its always the same thing dribble and hold the ball take a last second contested jumper. Does ASU have some great rep as a shot blocking team. Why is nobody attacking the basket, go to the basket and get fouled. Since Omar and Purvis got called for charges they have not gone to the basket at all. What are they afraid of my goodness. just go to the basket dammit!!

Reaction Score
Why even play? No sense of care out there whatsoever. If I was KO I would have come out of that last TO with the walk ons playing the rest of the half. If they don't care, put someone in that does or at least would.

Rodney is chucking it up, nice passes too. DHam looks as exhausted as one would expect. Calhoun probably should have played a little more. Brimah was dreadful and TSam was a level up from dreadful. Facey had a couple nice moments, should have seen more time and Phil, he was okay working pretty hard.

Not fun to watch, RMU and NFU is a much more enjoyable game on TRU

Reaction Score
is this team allergic to driving the lane, I swear when we go on these droughts its always the same thing dribble and hold the ball take a last second contested jumper. Does ASU have some great rep as a shot blocking team. Why is nobody attacking the basket, go to the basket and get fouled. Since Omar and Purvis got called for charges they have not gone to the basket at all. What are they afraid of my goodness. just go to the basket dammit!!

Besides Rodney and Daniel who can?

Reaction Score
I hope Stone isn't watching since we are getting rocked, but at the same time I hope he is and realizes how badly we need him in the front court

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Not creating controversy, but a genuine question....

What percentage of last years championship run was due to the greatness of Shabazz vs the actual coaching acumen of Ollie?

Reaction Score
Not creating controversy, but a genuine question....

What percentage of last years championship run was due to the greatness of Shabazz vs the actual coaching acumen of Ollie?

Genuine answer - I'm thinking the way he utilized Niels and Lasan as well as how he got Deandre to be tourney ready has a little to do with coaching. Love Shabazz but they had some nice, smart pieces to go with the star and a coach needs to push the right buttons to do what they did!

Reaction Score
I don't get the people who say I'll settle for a season like this because we won the title last year. There should be a little more consistency in this program. Our bad years should be first round exits as 8 seeds. Not this. Not this team. There are players on this team starting who are not good enough to be starting for a program that has won 4 National Titles in 15 years. And the basketball is just bad to watch. As a program, the standards need to be higher. This was a rough year to watch.

Reaction Score
I hope Ollie laid into them because these guys are pathetic. I get that this isn't the most talented team in the world but I think theyd be shocked how good they could be if they started playing with something resembling effort.

Reaction Score
You know Ollie didn't forget how to coach from last years championship to now, so you know it has to be these players. There better be a lot of improvement over the summer or it is going to be a very long year next year. These guys don't know how to play defense, can't shoot, how many air balls have we had already. And Purvis once again has already stepped out of bounds and thrown the ball to the other team twice. This is just plain awful basketball.

Unfortunately I think we are looking at the future and it's not a good one. Conference realignment, having destroyed UConn football already, has turned its attention now on men's basketball.

Reaction Score
Surprisingly TSam can drive the hole and finish, he just doesn't do it

He can with a wide open lane other than that he can't. Did you seem some his passes back out - he's not an answer at all. The baseline drive and pass to no one was ugly never mind the 8foot-10 footer!

Reaction Score
First Half Thoughts:

TSam cripples us offensively. He provides no offensive threat at all, lacks any semblance of vision/passing ability required of a PG at this level, dribbles only with his left hand, and has the worst jump shot on the team. He provides decent defense, and can occasionally muster some good drives toward the hoop, but that's it.

Purvis has been settling for jump shots rather than focusing on his strength of driving to the room. He's also been dreadful with his passing, giving away 2 easy turnovers that led to layups for AZ ST, and also blessed us with his customary stepping on the sideline while receiving a pass.

Hamilton looks disengaged as expected given the death in his family and likely travel fatigue. Still, he's about to put up a double double with minimal effort.

Brimah has been horrendous aside from a few blocks. Just basically non-existent out there.

Nolan had a good half for Nolan and seems to be giving the most effort.

I would like to see Omar start taking some initiative on offense, his development as a go-to scorer off the bench is going to be crucial if we're going to make the tourney next year.

I've really enjoyed the 30 second shot clock even if it exacerbates our already challenged offense.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
He can with a wide open lane other than that he can't. Did you seem some his passes back out - he's not an answer at all. The baseline drive and pass to no one was ugly never mind the 8foot-10 footer!
Ya his passes are questionable, but I seem to remember some clutch drives from him (that were contested) in the tourney last year. He has good size & weight for a guard, he just needs to believe he can do it.

Reaction Score
Ball goes into brimah everyone stand and watch...nobody and I mean nobody cut to the basket. Let him force a shot and then allow them to fast break for an uncontested layup. Ladies and gents 2014-2015 uconn basketball

Reaction Score
Ball goes into brimah everyone stand and watch...nobody and I mean nobody cut to the basket. Let him force a shot and then allow them to fast break for an uncontested layup. Ladies and gents 2014-2015 uconn basketball
I think you mean 2015-2016. God help us.

Reaction Score
I can't wait for the 12 threads that get posted after the game about how we're such a spoiled fan base and how the boneyard is a bunch of haters and blah blah blah

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Yard goats would put up a bigger fight.

Reaction Score
Nobody moves without the ball. Nobody tries cutting or backdoor plays..no back screens to get guys open. Burke made a great comment how the offense at times looks like you would expect an offense to look in November except that it is march

Reaction Score
I can't wait for the 12 threads that get posted after the game about how we're such a spoiled fan base and how the boneyard is a bunch of haters and blah blah blah

What you don't realize is that the team can be bad, people can complain about it, and what you said in your post can still be true. And is. And you're probably one of the main culprits.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Well, the mythology of TSam is slowly dissolving..

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Purv doesn't quit. Great motor...no pun intended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads