The Official Bracketology thread, part II (beginning Mar 7) | The Boneyard

The Official Bracketology thread, part II (beginning Mar 7)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Below is a link to Part I

Reaction Score
I am not remotely concerned with us being a 2 or a 3 seed (though I think we should be a guaranteed 2) but it is all about where we are placed and which 1 seed we have. I would prefer to avoid SC or Stanford at all costs to be honest, although I dont think they'd be jumping for joy at seeing us in their region either! The smart decision both in terms of attendances and also for hype etc would be UConn in FF and not meeting SC or Stan earlier than that. We should be in Bridgeport.

Reaction Score
This has been a most unpredictable season. What with covid, injuries and now a bunch of upsets. It appears that parity is finally arriving for WBB. Arizona gave us a warning last year at the FF. SC upset by Kentucky. UConn is getting some players back, how they perform will determine what the final outcome will be. Frankly, I am less concerned with Bridgeport or Greenboro, 8 or 9 seed but how our players perform after being injured and out for so long. We have 7 games left, not much time to get better and recover. But this may be the year where something exceptional and wonderful happens.

Reaction Score
Looks like Baylor & Louisville have locked up the #4 & #5 ranking. So if UCONN gets a #2 seed, is there any chance they wind up in Bridgeport vs. NC State? Or are they locked into South Carolina's region?

Reaction Score
Looks like Baylor & Louisville have locked up the #4 & #5 ranking. So if UCONN gets a #2 seed, is there any chance they wind up in Bridgeport vs. NC State? Or are they locked into South Carolina's region?
Anything possible until selection show.

I'd put odds at:
Greensboro 47%
Bridgeport 30%
Spokane 18%
Wichita 5%

Reaction Score
A lot is going to depend in who else is seeded as hosts. They’re going to move teams around to ensure two hosting teams from each conference are not in the same region. Based on that, I still think a very high chance UConn is the 2 seed in Greensboro.

Reaction Score
Below is a link to Part I

Interesting the one I saw on ESPN has UCONN as a 2 seed in Greensboro... with SC as the 1...

Reaction Score
Baylor hasn't locked up anything yet. The Big 12 tournament hasn't even started.

Reaction Score
Baylor hasn't locked up anything yet. The Big 12 tournament hasn't even started.
Maybe not locked up, but an early loss would knock them out of the #1 seed to the #2 line.
I can't seem them going from a #1 seed to a #3 seed.

Jds

Reaction Score
The Big 12 tournament hasn't happened. Baylor hasn't locked up anything.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Maybe not locked up, but an early loss would knock them out of the #1 seed to the #2 line.
I can't seem them going from a #1 seed to a #3 seed.
Who listed Baylor as a #1 seed?

Reaction Score
Who listed Baylor as a #1 seed?
Charlie Creme from ESPN mentioned it as a possibility. Baylor surpassed Louisville in the rankings today & a Big 12 Championship should catapult them past Louisville.

Reaction Score
There is NO WAY that UConn ends up in Bridgeport. Any number one seed would be justifiably irate if it had to play in the home state of the number two seed. And the Committee will want to avoid any claim that it is favoring the team that has won 11 national championships.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There is NO WAY that UConn ends up in Bridgeport. Any number one seed would be justifiably irate if it had to play in the home state of the number two seed. And the Committee will want to avoid any claim that it is favoring the team that has won 11 national championships.

NCAA history is replete with instances where the venue favored the lower seeded team.

Reaction Score
UConn will probably end up as the number 6 overall seed depending on what happens in the Big 12 tournament. The S and the G curve will put them in either Bridgeport or Wichita if they follow the seed line.

Reaction Score
we're going to find out how reliable Creme is with his bracketology because he basically has this set in stone that Uconn is going to Greensboro. I've heard posts about the committee will be pressured to put Uconn in Bridgeport, but couldn't the same be debated they are pressured into keeping Uconn OUT of Bridgeport or it will show bias towards them?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Charlie Creme from ESPN mentioned it as a possibility. Baylor surpassed Louisville in the rankings today & a Big 12 Championship should catapult them past Louisville.

He might have mentioned it, but he has Louisville as #1 seed in yesterday's bracketology; Baylor still at #2.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
A few years ago, all of the #2 seeds were assigned to their home court.
When was that? Seems like there have been no actual regional arenas selected in a long time that were the actual arenas where a specific college team played all their home games. But, there's most always a "local" team . . .

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I posted this on another thread, but it's pertinent here, too.

---

In 2019, Louisville was the #1 seed in Bridgeport. In the same regional, UConn was #2. Mississippi State was the #1 seed in Portland, with Oregon as #2. Baylor was the #1 seed in Greensboro with NC State at #3 and SC at #4.

In 2018, Notre Dame was the #1 seed in Spokane. In the same regional, Oregon was #2.

In 2017, Note Dame was the #1 seed in Lexington, KY (their closest regional), but they let Kentucky stay home as the #4 seed.

In 2016, Notre Dame was the #1 seed in Lexington, KY (their closest regional), but they let Kentucky stay home as the #3 seed.

Then, going back to 2000 and just looking at UConn's seeding/parings...

In 2014, UConn was the #1 seed in Lincoln, NE. In the same regional, Nebraska was the #4 and Oklahoma was the #10. Same year, South Carolina was the #1 seed ON STANFORD'S HOME FLOOR with Stanford as the #2 seed.

In 2010, UConn was the #1 seed in Dayton, OH. In the same regional, Ohio State was the #2 seed.

In 2007, UConn was the #1 seed in Fresno, CA. In the same regional, Stanford was the #2 seed.

In 2003, UConn was the #1 seed in Dayton, OH. In the same regional, Purdue (~3 hours from Dayton) was the #2 seed. Same, year, LSU was the #1 seed on Stanford's home floor with Stanford as the #3 seed.

In 2000, UConn was the #1 seed in Richmond, VA. In the same regional, Duke (~2 from Richmond) was the #2 seed.

I know that the considerations that go into seeding and placement have evolved over the years, but putting a #1 seed in the backyard of a #2 (3... 4...) seed happens to more than just #1 seeds coming to the northeast. Money talks everywhere to the NCAA.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I would much rather play the 3 or 4 one seed however I dont think we would loose to any of the one seeds. We are playing with balance and a suffocating defense. We really dont have to worry about foul trouble either with our depth. I dont believe the committee will put UConn in SC or Stanfords bracket just because they are the 2 top seeds in the polls. I do believe NC State and UConn will end up 1 and 2 in Bridgeport.

Reaction Score
Interesting the one I saw on ESPN has UCONN as a 2 seed in Greensboro... with SC as the 1...
I get the feeling ESPN is doing everything they can to try and influence the committee to put and keep UConn in Greensboro with S.C.. Will they influence the committee? I don't thinks so but, you never know........

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom