The Official 2015 Red Sox Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The Official 2015 Red Sox Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'd hope that the first priority is bullpen - go out and sign a guy like Darren O'Day to a 2 year deal for 8 mil total...something like that. The guy is 35 but is numbers are still great and he's a FA. 2/8 is a pretty harmless contract for a guy who could really help you in the 7th/8th inning.
While you're at it see what it would take to trade for a guy like Sergio Romo. He's got one year left at 7 or 8 mil. He's not closing for them and he's already 32, but his numbers are outstanding. Again not sure what it would cost but for that price maybe SF is looking to get a decent young body who isn't a top prospect.

O'Day, Romo Uehara, Tazawa. Barnes, maybe you keep Ross as your lefty he's been pitching better down the stretch. If you want to go for a strong lefty reliever instead of Romo to balance things out a bit that's fine.
Not sure Barnes makes the big club, he may need more work in the minors. He has outstanding velocity but he tends to get wild in the strike zone and gives up too many big hits. He is an outstanding prospect and will make the big club eventually but I just don't think he is quite ready.
I agree, the bullpen has to be the priority.

Reaction Score
Not sure Barnes makes the big club, he may need more work in the minors. He has outstanding velocity but he tends to get wild in the strike zone and gives up too many big hits. He is an outstanding prospect and will make the big club eventually but I just don't think he is quite ready.
I agree, the bullpen has to be the priority.
Agree on Barnes. He throws hard and is a Uconn graduate but other than that he does not have much going for him. He gives up a lot of hits and a lot of home runs. Whenever he comes into the game I feel very uncomfortable.

Reaction Score
Agree on Barnes. He throws hard and is a Uconn graduate but other than that he does not have much going for him. He gives up a lot of hits and a lot of home runs. Whenever he comes into the game I feel very uncomfortable.

The Sox organization made him change his grip and delivery on his curveball, and he's never gotten it back.

Reaction Score
The Sox organization made him change his grip and delivery on his curveball, and he's never gotten it back.
From what I've seen it is his fastball that opponents are hitting. It looks fine for a few pitches than he throws a meatball down the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom