The Offense was gruesome | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Offense was gruesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would like to think Cassell Jr. is going to figure things out. If he doesn't start knocking down shots then something needs to change, when does a shooting "funk" turn in to "this guy isn't that good of a shooter"? He has had too many WIDE open looks early on in the season to miss as many shots as he has had (and as poorly as he has missed these too, a lot aren't even close). That being said, DHam is the real deal and I've been pleasantly surprised with the way Boat has stepped in to fill the scoring this season. As a fan I loved watching last seasons post season run because Boat strictly focused on his defense and hardly ever looked to actually score, which was one of my biggest pet peeves with him. Facey does nothing on offense and its disappointing for how well he rebounds the basketball, he has something that no coach can teach however is a legit enigma on offense as he does about as much as I do from my couch watching the game on the offensive side other than hit the glass.

On another note does it both anyone else how much Brimah hangs the rest of the team out to dry by attempting to block every single shot? While yes he does alter and guys tend to miss a lot of their shots he is leaving his man (who is presumably right next to the rim) wide open leaving someone like Facey to try and rebound between two guys.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The offense needs Purvis and Calhoun back. Brimah had a bad game. It happens. We aren't going to face a frontline like Texas for the rest of the season unless we play UK so it will be okay. I wish Facey would look for his jumper more. It would really help floor spacing and he gets the open looks.

I'm not worried about this team. It's early in the season, they are still trying to gel, and we still have to work Purvis and Calhoun in the lineup who will get a lot of minutes and provide two more confident scorers to this offense that is lacking that outside of Boatright and Hamilton right now.

Someone said Nolan should start over Brimah... Are you kidding me? Have you seen how easy teams get to the basket when Nolan is in the game over Brimah? This board just needs to relax.

H

huskymagic

When did Rudy and Boone become bruisers? We spent the better part of their time here (and after) complaining about how soft they were.

that's why I said bruisers "or" guys looking to aggressively make a play or dunk on somebody. We are missing that part last several years. I want to see some nasty out there. Passing the ball along the perimeter for 30 seconds and then taking a contested shot won't work unless you have a Kemba, Napier etc who can shoot it from the perimeter and drive to the lane to open up shooters like a Lamb, Giffey, Daniels,etc.

Reaction Score
We are ranked 313th in the country in assists, averaging just under 10 a game. Our two leading players in assists, Boat and DHam, together average a 1:1 A/TO ratio.

This needs to change.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member