The Nolan Tap Out | The Boneyard

The Nolan Tap Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure if you guys have noticed an increase in taps out to our guards on the offensive end. I may be in the minority, but I'm loving it (if you can't get the rebound with 2 hands, tip it to someone who can). It doesn't always work in our favor, but there were 2 or 3 times against Tulsa where we got a 2nd opportunity and made them pay. We're not a great offensive rebounding team, but we did get 9 OB's against Tulsa and that was a key. It's a nice change as I'm used to seeing Nolan try to get a rebound only to have it ripped out of his hands by someone who wants it more.

Reaction Score
Not sure if you guys have noticed an increase in taps out to our guards on the offensive end. I may be in the minority, but I'm loving it (if you can't get the rebound with 2 hands, tip it to someone who can). It doesn't always work in our favor, but there were 2 or 3 times against Tulsa where we got a 2nd opportunity and made them pay. We're not a great offensive rebounding team, but we did get 9 OB's against Tulsa and that was a key. It's a nice change as I'm used to seeing Nolan try to get a rebound only to have it ripped out of his hands by someone who wants it more.

Hate to say it but he and Amida do it too much because they're not in good position for the rebound. But that's ok, have to try something right?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It's resulted in a few critical second chance opportunities for UConn. I'd prefer a better rebounder, but at least Nolan is making an effort not to foul and give UConn that chance.

Reaction Score
To be brutally honest, having Phil tap out rebounds is usually going to be a better result than Phil getting the rebound and trying to do something with it other than pass.

He may be the most earth bound black man I have ever witnessed.

Reaction Score
Cheeky said:
To be brutally honest, having Phil tap out rebounds is usually going to be a better result than Phil getting the rebound and trying to do something with it other than pass. He may be the most earth bound black man I have ever witnessed.

Have you not witnessed a black man who is a non-athlete?

Reaction Score
Although he doesn't get a lot of boards himself Phil is invaluable on the glass. Excellent box out technique-watch how many of the guards boards are a direct result of Phil completely taking his man out of the equation- and he keeps a lot of boards alive. Remember the save/rebound/pass for a big 3 vs ECU? Gotta like his effort on the glass

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
He is an underrated, hardnosed player. Reminds me of Greg Paulus: doesn't rebound, has no offensive game, and takes a bunch of charges. He's here for his grittiness.

Reaction Score
To be brutally honest, having Phil tap out rebounds is usually going to be a better result than Phil getting the rebound and trying to do something with it other than pass.

He may be the most earth bound black man I have ever witnessed.
you realize 'tapping' out a ball is a rebound right? its an offensive board.

Reaction Score
you realize 'tapping' out a ball is a rebound right? its an offensive board.
If you tap but don't secure it the guy who secures it gets the board. TSam should buy Phil dinner any game gets 5 or more boards like running back treating his oline.

Reaction Score
The Nolan Tap Out? Sounds like a plan...

WM27_Photo_210b.png

Reaction Score
Damn we are defending and justifying players who tap out, can't rebound and can't shoot. Not to be negative, but with such low expectations and threads like this makes me think that we are in the right conference.

I am so thankful that many posters here aren't in the coaching staff's ear and telling them its okay and its all good.

Now lets go out and win today playing UConn basketball!

Reaction Score
Damn we are defending and justifying players who tap out, can't rebound and can't shoot. Not to be negative, but with such low expectations and threads like this makes me think that we are in the right conference.

I am so thankful that many posters here aren't in the coaching staff's ear and telling them its okay and its all good.

Don't be a , is it not possible to say anything positive on this board without someone coming in and bashing? In case you haven't noticed, Brimah doesn't usually play 40 minutes a game and as much as I hate to say it, Phil Nolan is a key piece of this team. I don't give a crap if he scores again for the rest of the season...the past 2 games he has been MUCH better than he was earlier in the season. He's now making hustle plays (like tap outs) and it does translate to the rest of the team. This team won the National Championship last year with Nolan playing 20 minutes a game. This conference is a dumpster fire, but it has nothing to do with our fans or with Phil Nolan.

Reaction Score
Have you not witnessed a black man who is a non-athlete?
Witnessed and known many who probably fit that description, but they never got on a basketball court to prove it.

Reaction Score

Yes, we are.

Reaction Score
Phil has been working harder and moving faster the last 2 games. We all know AB is not going to be allowed to stay out of foul trouble with cheap ones from the zebras which makes Phil still a very important piece of the puzzle as we finish the season. With the bigger lineup of SMU it will be interesting to see how this AB foul trouble/PN contribution plays out tonight.

Reaction Score
We all know AB is not going to be allowed to stay out of foul trouble with cheap ones from the zebras
Don't be that fan.
Brimah is still prone to do very stupid things to pick up cheap fouls (reaching 20 feet from the hoop). Until he stops doing those, and thus loses the reputation as a guy who gets cheap fouls, he's going to have close calls go against him, even if wrong. The burden is on him, not the refs, to get it right.

Reaction Score
Don't be that fan.
Brimah is still prone to do very stupid things to pick up cheap fouls (reaching 20 feet from the hoop). Until he stops doing those, and thus loses the reputation as a guy who gets cheap fouls, he's going to have close calls go against him, even if wrong. The burden is on him, not the refs, to get it right.

surprisingly, you come with another inane post. Brimah isn't prone to do very stupid things, he rarely reaches on hedging. Refs totally have a bias off his high foul % last season, ( oh you probably haven't realized how much less he is fouling while burdening more responsibility/minutes).

Reaction Score
Refs totally have a bias
Any time you find yourself saying this, with the possible exception of pro-Duke bias, you need to take off your husky-vision-goggles and check yourself.

Reaction Score
Any time you find yourself saying this, with the possible exception of pro-Duke bias, you need to take off your husky-vision-goggles and check yourself.
you're a clown i have no goggles on. you simply don't watch enough hoops but maraud these boards to make weak wise ass attempts to be funny. or cheeky in your greatest hopes. wont ignore you because its kinda fun trashing you

Reaction Score
So you think the refs are going to fix the game against us tonight?
no i watch basketball, calls go both ways. brimah doesn't get the respect from the refs he should because of his foul notoriety last season. how hard is that for you to understand? they aren't fixing the game, they just don't know how to ref him justifiably yet.

Reaction Score
they just don't know how to ref him justifiably yet.
But you do?
So you're better qualified to ref than all the refs who ref us?
Okay dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22