The Next UConn Coaches | The Boneyard

The Next UConn Coaches

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Bird? Taurasi? Berube? Nah. Let's assume Auriemma/Dailey will coach another fifteen years and our next UConn coaches will be:

SAMUELSON and COLLIER!

Think about it. Samuelson has Auriemma's passion and the desire to coach 'em up. Collier provides Dailey's balanced calmness and attention to details. These two are the logical choice. Now if only Auriemma/Dailey can coach for another fifteen years.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I like it. From a personality perspective, at the moment, Taurasi and Bird IMHO most closely resemble the dynamic that we have with Geno and Chris. However, Bird has said she'd not want to move to Storrs as it's too small for her. I think she'd get bored maybe. Either way, for sure they need some coaching experience under their belts before making the leap.

Reaction Score
Months ago I predicted Samuelson would be head UConn coach in 10 years. Just watch her taking charge this year as a player. Collier would make a great CD. Lou is a California girl but she turned Stanford down for Storrs. Look at her on the bench in 4th quarter, leading team in cheers, showing total joy as bench scores. She's UConn all the way. Still, if she doesn't replace Geno, look for her replacing Tara.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lou won't be coaching in 10 year. Maybe 15 years.

I think the little one with the muscles and keys to the car could be a great coach.

Reaction Score
Oi ve. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

This would be like saying Skylar Diggins should be ND's coach in 5-7 years.

What amazes me is how much folks think that WCBB coaches are so unskilled that anyone can become an elite one with virtually no experience.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
But let's not forget Kia Nurse. That young lady was made to be a coach one day.

There's lots of coaching jobs out there...
They don't all have to be UConn

Reaction Score
I still think that Taurausi, who has balls as big as an elephant, would be the best successor to this program one could ever select. Her name would attract the best of the best, and she has the fire and determination to carry on the teaching tradition of Geno and Chris with the same level of intensity. Sue Bird, who seems to be softer, might take the role of Chris Daley. But the fire this team needs would come from Taurasi.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score

What amazes me is how much folks think that WCBB coaches are so unskilled that anyone can become an elite one with virtually no experience.

This was meant to be something lighthearted, tongue-in-cheek. The tip-off should have been the fifteen more years of coaching for Auriemma and Dailey, unless you think they really will be coaching for fifteen more years.

Reaction Score

LET US DREAM;)

Reaction Score
Personally I would like to see Renee Montgomery and Crystal Dangerfield become coaches. They both have similar styles of play and both were/are incredible floor generals that seem to have pretty high basketball IQs

Reaction Score
This was meant to be something lighthearted, tongue-in-cheek.

People on this board still ask about Lobo or K Wolters being coach, so no you're post was not all that different from what weve seen here.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
People on this board still ask about Lobo or K Wolters being coach, so no you're post was not all that different from what weve seen here.

Um it's different in that it projects Auriemma and Dailey coaching for fifteen more years, until Auriemma is 80. Who honestly thinks they will be coaching until then? Sorry you took it seriously.

Reaction Score
Um it's different in that it projects Auriemma and Dailey coaching for fifteen more years, until Auriemma is 80. Who honestly thinks they will be coaching until then? Sorry you took it seriously.
Hey - why not? When Bobby Bowden was 80 a reporter asked him when he thought he might retire. He said, "Retire?? After that there's only one major event left!"

Reaction Score
If we are going for a Samuelson can we at least consider Karlie? She’s so basketball savvy.

Reaction Score
Lou won't be coaching in 10 year. Maybe 15 years.

I think the little one with the muscles and keys to the car could be a great coach.

I said Lou in ten because she doesn't mind contact but doesn't have the strongest frame and a decade playing WNBA, etc. might take its toll.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom