The Next Thing to Look For... | The Boneyard

The Next Thing to Look For...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
We have some B1G moves that have happened in the past 2 years that smell, well, B1G...

1. UConn upgrading hockey with legit coach, new arena - check.
2. UConn to grow by 7,000 students - check.
3. UConn adding 200 professors - check.
4. UConn investing another $1.5B, in STEM - check.
5. UConn partnered with Jackson Labs on genetic medicine with a $800M facility - check.
6. UConn adding $150M (with other phases planned) in tech park - check.
7. UConn downtown moving into Phases II & III, and don't be surprised for a much larger expansion with the new commitment to add students - check.

So what is the next "sign" that we are flirting with the B1G: lacrosse. If you hear that we are upgrading I think it almost, almost, almost becomes indisputable that there has at least been some reciprocal interest from Mr. Delaney.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Have they decided on a location for the downtown branch? Last I heard it was down to three. What exactly is Phase II and III? I hope they choose the right location that is actually downtown. The Windsor st (?) building that was listed is not a good choice. I hope they go with the old Times building, but I know Hooker is looking at that too.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
To have any chance of going anywhere, football needs to be a 8/9+ win program every season we are in the AAC.

Everything else is immaterial.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
To have any chance of going anywhere, football needs to be a 8/9+ win program every season we are in the AAC.

No no no. Clearly starting a lacrosse team means everything. Sure the Big 10 just solved all their problems in lacrosse by ADDING THE BEST LACROSSE PROGRAM IN HISTORY AND THEY DON'T NEED ANY MORE LACROSSE PROGRAMS, but it's a secret sign. Lacrosse.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
We kept p for year 3. The hint is we like crappy football. We're acc bound.

Reactions: pj

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We kept p for year 3. The hint is we like crappy football. We're acc bound.

This makes more sense than lacrosse being a secret sign.

Reaction Score
This makes more sense than lacrosse being a secret sign.

Yes, just like getting hit by lightning 573 times makes more sense than getting hit 582 times.

Forget not voting for, almost half the ACC is actively against UCOnn. Not gonna happen. It's Big10 or bust.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Have they decided on a location for the downtown branch? Last I heard it was down to three. What exactly is Phase II and III? I hope they choose the right location that is actually downtown. The Windsor st (?) building that was listed is not a good choice. I hope they go with the old Times building, but I know Hooker is looking at that too.

How it won't be Rentschler Field is mind boggling. The retail mall is a flop. Grow UConn EH so that in 50 years, Storrs can go back to being the ag-college. The students will find there way downtown. All you need is a drunk shuttle. Or is that too 80's a reference.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yes, just like getting hit by lightning 573 times makes more sense than getting hit 582 times.

Forget not voting for, almost half the ACC is actively against UCOnn. Not gonna happen. It's Big10 or bust.

What would that have to do with lacrosse. I wasn't agreeing that the ACC is plausible, just that bad football being desirable to the ACC is more likely than lacrosse being some secret sign.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
The secret sign will be when Delany is a guest on Rachel Ray's cooking show and he shares his recipe for apple pie and he adds an extra teaspoon of Nutmeg, telling the audience it is good for their Constitution.

Reaction Score
How it won't be Rentschler Field is mind boggling. The retail mall is a flop. Grow UConn EH so that in 50 years, Storrs can go back to being the ag-college. The students will find there way downtown. All you need is a drunk shuttle. Or is that too 80's a reference.

I'm going to guess that you're joking about this.

Not enough money to move a university, obviously.

Reaction Score
What about AAU? Is there a timeline for when we might be considered?

Reaction Score
Well, Susan Herbst did tell Joe D'Ambrosio that lacrosse is her favorite sport. Maybe that was a secret sign.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The secret sign will be when Delany is a guest on Rachel Ray's cooking show and he shares his recipe for apple pie and he adds an extra teaspoon of Nutmeg, telling the audience it is good for their Constitution.
catintinfoil.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty tips her tin foil hat to you.

Reaction Score

Yup, because Cuse, Pitt, and the Ville are perennial 8/9 win teams. Winning means very little

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

It's been a running half-joke for some time. Taking over some vacant office space downtown vs. building a branch campus with better access, more land/flexibility, with new facilities isn't a slam dunk looking long term. The people of Mansfield would like it, right up until the last non-ag school moves out.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Yup, because Cuse, Pitt, and the Ville are perennial 8/9 win teams. Winning means very little

Lmao. Louisville was picked ahead of us because they were the better football program.

When we have decades of history then we can fall back on sucking like Cuse and Pitt.

Winning in football is all that matters for UConn.

Reaction Score
Lmao. Louisville was picked ahead of us because they were the better football program.

When we have decades of history then we can fall back on sucking like Cuse and Pitt.

Winning in football is all that matters for UConn.

Completely correct.

Reaction Score
No! The Times Building would be perfect for Hooker.

I would not be shocked if Front St Developers finds a way to land both of them as tenants. I would absolutely love for UConn Hartford, Thomas Hooker Brewery, Front St Bistro, Spotlight Theatres, Capitol Grille and Infinity Music Hall to be located on that strip. I forget which phase is which but Phases 2 and 3 call for apartments and tenants, which I think could actually happen if this were the case.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I would not be shocked if Front St Developers finds a way to land both of them as tenants. I would absolutely love for UConn Hartford, Thomas Hooker Brewery, Front St Bistro, Spotlight Theatres, Capitol Grille and Infinity Music Hall to be located on that strip. I forget which phase is which but Phases 2 and 3 call for apartments and tenants, which I think could actually happen if this were the case.

That would be great, but I'd like UConn to be moved into one of those underused big buildings in Hartford center.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

I think he takes it to an extreme, but I absolutely agree with him that UConn "Downtown" should be at The Rent instead. Make it a mini-Storrs, bring the campus feel to the Rent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom