The next NBA drafted player | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The next NBA drafted player

Who do you think can make it to the NBA?

• Isaiah Whaley

Votes: 20 9.2%
  • Tyler Polley

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Tyrese Martin

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • RJ Cole

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Akok Akok

Votes: 77 35.5%
  • Jalen Gaffney

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Adama Sanogo

Votes: 105 48.4%
  • Andre Jackson

Votes: 96 44.2%
  • Samson Johnson

Votes: 43 19.8%
  • Jordan Hawkins

Votes: 86 39.6%
  • Rahsool Diggins

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • Donovan Clingan

Votes: 47 21.7%
  • Corey Floyd Jr.

Votes: 8 3.7%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
I don’t want to be mean regarding Sanogo but he’s basically going to have to be like Bam or show the same skills to make it to the next level but he’s less athletic, shorter, not as good of a defender, and doesn’t have the jump shot or court vision/passing that Bam has. I really don’t understand why he’s getting first round NBA hype at this time or NBA hype in general.

Reaction Score
kofi cockburn is back at school because he wasnt even a second round lock.... no one on the team is getting drafted in '22. if akok turns pro after this season averaging ~20mpg it's in europe unfortunately.

in '23 hawkins, aj, and sanogo might get drafted but hawkins is the safest bet by far.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Anybody else notice that the percentages seem to be off here?

45C8D650-D627-421C-8604-839DD984A319.png

Reaction Score
I’m also confused on the Sanogo love. I get the feeling many here haven’t really watched much NBA basketball in the last decade or so. I like him a lot and he could certainly be a great college player but unless he grows 2-3 inches, adds a reliable jump shot and massively improves his vertical leap and ability to guard on the perimeter he has nearly no shot in the modern NBA.

Reaction Score
If Polley drills 6 threes at his size in an ncaa tournament games, he could get a look in the second round.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Shocked at the lack of live for AJ. I know he’s not a good shooter right now but neither was Scottie Barnes and Jonathan. With his size, defensive ability, and playmaking he’s a guy the NBA could see with big potential for the next level. He’ll probably be one of the best athletes coming out in awhile when he does come out.

Reaction Score
Shocked at the lack of live for AJ. I know he’s not a good shooter right now but neither was Scottie Barnes and Jonathan. With his size, defensive ability, and playmaking he’s a guy the NBA could see with big potential for the next level. He’ll probably be one of the best athletes coming out in awhile when he does come out.
Those guys were at 27% and 25% from 3 respectively, Andre Jackson was at 12%, they don't even belong in the same conversation right now. With those 2 it takes a little bit of hope from an NBA team to think you can turn them into a shooter. With Andre he's going to need to show some sign of improvement before that hope comes from NBA teams and not just UConn fans with blue tinted glasses

Reaction Score
Love Samson as a dark horse. Obviously we haven’t seen anything from him yet, but he instantly has NBA potential with his length and the way he moves for his size. Not entirely sure where he is at in his development right now, but his ceiling is absolutely through the roof. Very excited about him in the next couple years.
I really love Johnson. My personal hot take is that Jackson is a 3 year lottery pick and Johnson/Hawkins are two and done lottery picks. Add 6th year RJ Cole and junior year Sanogo and we have a wagon of a team in 2022-23.

I'll save this for 2023.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Those guys were at 27% and 25% from 3 respectively, Andre Jackson was at 12%, they don't even belong in the same conversation right now. With those 2 it takes a little bit of hope from an NBA team to think you can turn them into a shooter. With Andre he's going to need to show some sign of improvement before that hope comes from NBA teams and not just UConn fans with blue tinted glasses
Oh I didn’t know the exact numbers behind it. But with what we hear about Andre’s work ethic and attitude I’m optimistic he can get it to that 25% range. Long as he gets rid of that unecessary dip. ;)

Just having fun with the dip comment, not trying to start anything. Let’s keep it light folks.

Reaction Score
Oh I didn’t know the exact numbers behind it. But with what we hear about Andre’s work ethic and attitude I’m optimistic he can get it to that 25% range. Long as he gets rid of that unecessary dip. ;)

Just having fun with the dip comment, not trying to start anything. Let’s keep it light folks.
Agreed there, if he gets to 25+% he's a lottery pick. I just think it may take 2 years to get there, if it happens this year the ceiling for this team is enormous

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Agreed there, if he gets to 25+% he's a lottery pick. I just think it may take 2 years to get there, if it happens this year the ceiling for this team is enormous
A summer to work on his weaknesses, full practices, and a lot more free reign to shoot should do wonders for his confidence and scoring I feel like. Kid is simply too talented. Even last year, when he chose to attack it looked easy. He was just very passive most of the time referring to the vets. I’m excited to see how everyone looks in general this year. There’s a lot of questions about the team right now.

Reaction Score
Hawkins IMO if he has a decent year could be this years Josh Primo.
Shoot well, defend & good athlete will have him in the 20-30 range.

Reaction Score
My pick is Ajax followed by Hawkins and Samson. I think all three get drafted. If Jackson can remotely improve his shooting he is a lottery pick waiting to happen
I think Ajax will get drafted, but maybe not before Hawkins. They could probably both go together in 2023, but it's hard to imagine that Ajax suddenly becomes a sniper that propels him into the lottery. He also needs to work on shot-creating, handle.

This season will tell a lot for his future. I know he's busting his butt.

Reaction Score
Hawkins IMO if he has a decent year could be this years Josh Primo.
Shoot well, defend & good athlete will have him in the 20-30 range.
Do you leave if you're in the 20-30 range? Probably, right? Cam Thomas did that this year.

Or try to become a lottery pick the next year?

Reaction Score
Wow, no love for RJ Cole or Jalen Gaffney? I was under the impression that RJ would lead the team in points next year and maybe Jalen could do the same his senior year. I guess I was wrong... I wonder if they would get to play in the D-League? Or is over-seas their final destination?
Cole will score plenty of points overseas. I think his size really limits (eliminates?) his NBA potential.

Reaction Score
Do you leave if you're in the 20-30 range? Probably, right? Cam Thomas did that this year.

Or try to become a lottery pick the next year?
Depends on the kid. Primo left, Bouk came back last year (I think that prob would have been his range)

Reaction Score
Right now the logical answer is Akok. He was on a 2 year timeline to begin with and he's now a year behind due to the injury. His game translates. If he's even a fringe first rounder I think he's gone. Let's hope he has a great year and goes higher.

AJ needs a ton of improvement. We haven't seen Hawkins play a minute. Sanogo's skill set needs to change as other have noted. What you should be hoping for is that all 3 are back for '23 and are all first rounders.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom